Change Your Image
Upload An Image
Crop And Save
American Horror Story (2011)
How can you scream through a review??? IT'S GREAT !!!!
I have the worst taste in TV shows. I like the ones which get canceled soon, I like the ones with bad acting as long as there are attractive actors in it, I even like Gossip Girl and 90210 with crappy clichéd story lines and happenings that normally won't happen in a teenager's life. I watch a lot of reality shows, whenever there's nothing on I switch to MTV like it's a safe place and I love to gossip about shows on Twitter,FB, Tumblr& ... yeah, I'm the typical teenage girl when it comes to TV shows. But this one...
When I heard about it, when I saw the list of actors involved and Ryan's name as the creator I was almost sure I would hate it. Then, I gave it a try and I'm so glad I did. Cause if I hadn't I would have missed on one of the greatest things out there.
When I got hooked, season one was already over. I was reading about how good it is and how it has something like 17 Emmy noms and I had already watched the pilot then and tbh I hated the pilot. I taught it was one of those shoes which had to rely on sex scenes to succeed but was I wrong.
There is so much happening in the pilot. You almost immediately hate all the characters: The husband is a cheating sex addict jerk, The wife is bratty and demanding and thinks she is god's gift to earth and the daughter is a spoiled antisocial teenage girl. But, as the show goes on you find yourself understanding where each character is coming from. I did. It doesn't mean you will love/ like them, but you'll accept them.
There is everything in it! The horror is great, There is love stories, there is funny moments (although a very few and usually very sadly funny bits...) and interesting dialog. The chemistry is fine.
The acting in both seasons is GREAT! If I could scream this, I would. It is not natural, but it just works. everyone is great and suits the character/ costumes/ dialogs/ scenes. Everyone says the right thing at the right moment. It's just all right.
The only problem I have with AHS is that the sexual tension is sometimes too much. There were parts where I felt uncomfortable watching a scene and/or thinking about it for moments after watching that.(not always sex related, tough. Even simple horrific killer scenes were sometimes too much. ) It's sometimes disturbing. At the same time, this maybe one of the goods about this show, how this actually adds to the show. I think the show needs these parts.I think this may be MY problem.
The overall feel of the show, editing and the locations and acting and stories, it all truly lives up to the title : Horror.
I think this show is the best show I've seen ever. It is so disturbing and yet so enjoyable and smart and creepy and wrong and right...Just watch it!
Sonny with a Chance (2009)
Funny and entertaining
So, I started watching this late (2012). I'm an 18 year old girl and a huge fan of Demi, but I wasn't really expecting to laugh that much or like it. I used to watch Hanna Montana when I was younger and I loved it but it never got me hooked.
With this, I was hooked. The pilot wasn't bad but the second episode was brilliant. I was literally in tears the whole time and I had to go back some parts and watch again, I just had to! The Goods:
1. TheComedy isn't just for little kids, actually I think it's a very 'grown up' show. I mean, I taught a Disney show would be suitable for a 12 year old not me, but I was actually enjoying the whole thing. It's a nice feeling to watch a clean yet funny show. (Like if you watch 2 broke girls, that's a dirty kind of funny. I love both shows, a lot.)--So, I think every age can enjoy this. Specially over 16!
2. Demi Lovato --She is a funny person herself but she is so natural in this. Sunny is the most likable character in a show I've ever seen. She's funny, sweet, stupid at times but yet very smart, stubborn, and she just wants to do the right thing which ends up badly every time. she is real, I feel like Sunny and Demi are the same person cause she plays sunny so naturally and I love Both.
3. Other characters --Sometimes the two boys annoy me a bit. Zora is so funny but some times a little annoying as well. I LOVE Marshal, he is such a loser it's painful to be him but yet, he is indeed a nice guy. I love Dakota, she's so cute and the little girl is really a good actress. The Teacher is average, I don't really like Sunny's mom and then there's Chad... He is so easy to look at, so cute. He is funny, suppose to be annoying and self centered but I can't stop smiling and loving him! Maybe it's Sterling, I don't know... He is my second favorite character after Sunny. And Both of them together, OMG.
4. The customs : don't really like Tawni's clothes but Sunny's clothes are so amazing. Pretty much everything she wears, I want. The shoes are amazing as well. I really like how they know the characters so well that they never miss an outfit. The clothes always work! Specially Sunny's. (Demi wears them well! :D)
5. The check it out girls! You have to watch for them, they come I think in episode 4 of season 1 and they stick with the show till the end, I'm so happy they do.
I think this show is Funny, positive, cute, addicting, charming, likable, entertaining (Not just by being funny, it has music, fashion, guest stars, events happening that are so crazy!) and it's really a good show. I understand if people say the acting isn't that good, but that's what makes it even better! Trust me, it won't bother you. Demi (Sunny) is the best actress then Tiffany (Tawni).
Give it a try, it's a change for someone who is not used to Disney channel shows. Clean, innocent and funny! Check it out.
Gossip Girl (2007)
Gossip girl, Does it all
There are a few things in TV shows that make me watch them.
1. The Story : I hate the Shows that are just about life and the problems we deal with, we know them already! a Show has to have a purpose, a start and an Ending. oddly, gossip girl didn't have any purpose at all. but the Story was new and It hooked me. Even though it never showed any interest of showing who Gossip Girl is, it was still worth the wait in every episode for clues.
2. The Actor/Actresses : Decent acting is hard to find in shows. but we have no problem having hot casts for TV shows, but in some like TVD it is too much : It is unbelievable that there are so many hot guys on the planet, let alone in one town! but in Gossip girl, it is meant that way! the good looking cast, that's a part of the story! they are supposed to be like that. so, never bugged me!
3. The Music : Which is GREAT ! I have every single song that has ever been used on the show and I love them. The choice of music, the way they use it... Everything about the Music in GG is perfect.
4. The Costume : Seriously, what the girls wear ( Specially Blake Lively ) are Stunning- Classic and Elegant dresses. everything they wear is an art ! you'll love the clothes.
5. NEW YORK !
So, If you are looking for a fun show, which addresses issues we are dealing with and is a big Love story with hot Boys and Girls, Great Costume and amazing sets, Gossip Girl is your show. It's surly my Guilty pleasure and also, My Drug. every time I feel sad, angry or hurt, GG makes everything so much better.
The Vampire Diaries (2009)
Why this works?
Here's why TVD works : 1. The acting, no one can be a better Cathrine/Elena than Nina Dobrev. Nobody can touch Ian S and Paul W they are the ultimate Vampire brothers. (The Very hot type, too!) These three are the main reason why TVD works.
2. The story, It is so interesting. It is about love, but it is about treasuring life too. It's about sticking to life, it has a lot of surprises, humor, thriller, drama and excitement.
3. It is Addicting, Simple as that! You wanna know what happens next.
4. The Characters are just believable, the way they handle this supernatural happenings around them. I love every single one of the characters.
and there are so much more... It just simply has a good but at the same time strange feeling to it, that you have never expirienced.
I'll give you my word this won't disappoint you, Just Watch and you'll understand.
Pretty Little Liars (2010)
One of the most amazing shows out there!
This is my first review. I chose Pretty Little Liars for start, because : 1.I personally enjoy the actresses/actors chemistry. 2. It's fresh! Even if every one is comparing it to Gossip Girl, I think you'll find it totally different. In GG no one really cares who is Gossip Girl, but in here, The Show is about -A. 3.It has Mysteries, funny moments, great acting, interesting story lines, and it's never boring. 4.It is relaitable, Parent's divorcing, Struggling with sexuality, most importantly love and friendship.
It honors friendship, not like some others in which friends do things to you that not even your enemy would do!
If you haven't give it a shot yet, Just watch the first episode. It's so addicting, and every episode has a mystery and a surprise. You'll find yourself loving everyone in the series (except for Mona:P)but just give it a shot, You won't be disappointed.