nateflex11

One of the Funnest Movies I Have Ever Seen, 29 July 2011

Lets get this straight, the title of this movie reveals the entire plot. Its just simply cowboys fighting aliens. If you throw in a couple of Indians then you have Cowboys and Aliens. A lot of people think that this movie looks stupid just because its cowboys vs aliens. But think about it, its like any other alien movie just a different time period. I didn't really have faith in this movie when i first heard about it but then i found out the movie was being directed by the guy who directed Iron Man(Jon Favrea), then i found out it was starring James Bond and Indiana Jones along with Olivia Wilde and Sam Rockwell. Who wouldn't want to see that? Its not supposed to be an Oscar winning movie, its supposed to be a fun summer blockbuster. It was one of the funnest movies I have ever seen. Its the perfect summer blockbuster. The western part of it felt a lot like True Grit and the alien part look like....well like alien movies always do. The movie is just such a blast. The acting was outstanding. Daniel Craig and Harrison Ford both brought their A game and Olivia Wilde was perfect for her role. All in all, Cowboys and Aliens is the perfect summer movie if you are looking for an action packed, funny, bad ass movie, and thats what this movie is. Kudos to you Jon Favreau.

I think we have a new superhero franchise, 10 June 2011

All I can say is that I was extremely impressed with this film. Based on the trailers, I was expecting this film to be mediocre, I was wrong. In my opinion, for a superhero film to work, it all narrows down to special effects and the acting. For this movie, both are great. This movie may not have been as good as X-men: First Class or The Dark Knight, but it is an above average superhero movie. Ryan Reynolds is good as always and Mark Strong delivered a strong performance as well. This movie is heavy on special effects and they are SPECTACULAR. The dialogue is nothing new but don't expect it to be excellent given the fact that its a superhero movie. Overall, this movie was very well done and I liked it a whole lot more than I thought it would. Hopefully this may be the first of many Green Lantern movies because this has the potential to become a great movie franchise.

Super 8 (2011)
Super 8 is this year's Inception, 10 June 2011

Super 8 was an excellent movie. It's not your typical alien movie where some monster runs around blowing crap up, this one actually has a story. I think that J. J. Abrams is getting better and better. His Star Trek reboot was an instant classic and he did a FANTASTIC job with this film. Steven Spielberg was outstanding as usual. This movie doesn't have star power, but part of what made this film work was the chemistry between the cast members (particulary between Joel Courtney and Elle Fanning). The cast members in this film are incredibly talented. So if you add J. J. Abrams plus Steven Spielberg, plus a good plot, script, special effects and cast, what do you get?.......A Truly OUTSTANDING FILM. Did I mention that this film is mysterious, action packed, dramatic, sometimes scary, and funny? All of these components add up to make this worthwhile and very entertaining. This movie is this year's Inception, and that means its AMAZING.

Somewhat Disappointing but Overall Pretty Decent, 9 June 2011

I have been waiting for this movie ever since I heard there was going to be a fourth POTC. I was very excited to see it but when i found out that Gore Verbinski wasn't directing the fourth installment, I knew that On Stranger Tides would be different than the others, and it was. The film was somewhat disappointing. As far as acting goes, Johnny Depp steals the show again and Geoffrey Rush and Ian Mcshane deliver solid performances. The action was superb but I didn't like the fact that more than half of the scenes were shot at night. Unlike the others in the series, this one was forgettable. Don't get me wrong, it was highly entertaining, just forgettable. Even though its a pretty decent film, compared to the previous installments, this one looks like a pile of crap. Another problem with this film is that it is nearly identical to the previous ones, just a different storyline and a few different characters. Don't walk into this movie with high expectations, this is more of a popcorn flick. If they do another pirates, please bring back some of the old cast and please bring back Gore Verbinski to direct.