gflorea

Bridesmaids (2011/I)
Eeeeehhhhhhhhhhhhh........, 26 May 2011

Kristen Wiig does a good job, but tires on you eventually. If you like some of her SNL work with insecure characters overwhelmed with anxiety that climax in awkward moments and dialog- this movie is full of them. However, as they say, too much of a good thing starts to become not so good. although I liked the character, it just was too much too often. The movie also has some parts that start off funny, but wear on you because of how long the scenes are stretched out (i.e.. the speech at the first party). Too repetitive a shtick in too lengthy of intervals. Also, Maya Rudolph is under utilized considering her comedic presence.

As far as the overall comedy in the movie, it's a real stretch. I like funny gross stuff just as much as anyone else, but when you crutch the majority of the movie just on that element of humor it loses its appeal. It seemed like every other scene had a gross sexual overtone. Using some real comedy (situational, wit, dialog...etc) as opposed to relying on puke and crap would have helped balance the movie better.