HLshop

Well Worth Seeing., 26 November 2011

Others have described the story, so i wont. I feel that both the critics and users were unfairly harsh. I almost missed this as a result, despite having enjoyed the book. Perhaps it was the low expectations. However, I think it's better than many more popular female bonding movies and did not find too sentimental. I don't get why films like Bridesmaided or the Ya Ya sisterhood are well liked. Sure they are OK,, but cover nothing new.

Both the book and the movie are trying to tug the heart strings. That accepted (and i like dark stories) they do it well and I cared about both sets of women and what happened to these women. The stories are interesting and the filming beautiful. I won't give any spoilers, but the ending was a bit too neatly tied up, especially in the modern story. I read the book and was skeptical about adding a parallel tail, but found it worked well, though not sure it was necessary. The ending was a bit too pat, especially in the modern day part. There are many worse ways to spend an evening. Give it a chance.