thighland

Excellent!!, 17 December 2014

I thought it was awesome. I loved it so much I watched the entire series in one day. I couldn't stop. I've read some messages that it's not historically accurate, but no one can say as far as Marco Polo is concerned. All we really know is that Marco lived at the same time Kublai was the Kahn of Mongolia. There is no historical data that Marco ever even went there except for his memoirs and historians argue whether these were mere fiction derived from stories told by his father. The only thing that was inaccurate was that he lived in Mongolia with his father and uncle for 24 years. Everything else is spot on. Kublai's family tree. The Costumes and style of living. Even the battles that were fought. I recommend this series to anyone who enjoys a good story.

Henry Fitzroy's true age at death., 11 July 2007

It is an historical fact that Lord Henry Fitzroy, Duke of Richmond and Sumerset, son of Lady Blount, was born on June 15, 1519 and died June 18, 1536. He was 15 years old and was married to Lady Mary Howard and had no children at the time of his death. He was definitely NOT only 3 or 4 years old as the movie would have us believe. Although I understand this i not an historical documentary, like what you would see on the history channel, I think they should at least try to stay within historical parameters. There is a big difference between old enough to marry and barely weaned. This aside, I thoroughly enjoy the show and count it as one of my favorites.