nick-48-843063

KickOff (2011)
Enjoyed the cartoon nature of most of the characters, 8 May 2011

I thoroughly enjoyed this movie, mainly because of the cartoon nature of most of the characters. The story, although it centres around a 5-a-side football game, is mainly around the characters playing - all of them caricatures, outrageously camp / butch / etc. That's why I found the film so funny.

If, however, you are expecting it to be a film about football then you'll be disappointed. Indeed the game starts and stops so many times that anyone trying to follow the match itself will be frustrated. Think of this football match as some sort of common thread which joins up each of the characters.

Ricky Beadle-Blair himself is a riot and I agree with another reviewer that he should have been a central character in the film. He must do a film in which he stars and is in nearly every scene. He's as good on-screen as he is producing / writing. etc. Let's have an "All about RBB" movie!!

I bought the DVD and, having watched it once, I will definitely be watching it again from time to time (unlike most of my other bought DVDs).