kylehaines96

Page 8 of 23: [Prev][3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [18] [Next]

Suit Up, This Is The Best Superhero Movie Ever Made., 5 May 2012

My friend took me to see the most hyped movie of the year and I have to say as a fan of superhero movies this is the best one by far.

The film is about Nick Fury played by Samuel L Jackson who wants to assemble an army of "Avengers" Consisting of Iron Man played by Robert Downy Jr, The Hulk played by Mark Ruffalo, Black Widow played by Scarlett Johansson, Captain America played by Chris Evans, Thor played by Chris Hemsworth and Hawkeye played by Jeremy Renner who have to take out Loki Thor's Brother played by Tom Hiddleston from destroying the world with a device known as The Tesseract.

This was such a great movie. The action was fantastic, has great special effects, Really funny moments like the guy playing Galaga on the job(if you have seen the movie then you know what I'm talking about), a fantastic Third act which some of the movie was shot in my hometown of Cleveland, Ohio, There is a Cameo by Stan Lee at the end of the movie. and the only superhero movie I know that has a reference to Marijuana in it. The only complaint was that it felt like a 3 1/2 hour movie, but since the movie was that good I can let it slip. If you do not see this in Theaters than you have no personality.

Rated PG-13 For Intense Sequences Of Sci-Fi Violence And Action Throughout, And A Mild Drug Reference.

2hrs 22min/142min.

How Can You Take A Movie Called White Chicks Seriously?, 3 May 2012

Back when comedies didn't have to be the raunchiest things on earth there was a comedy that was popular when it came out and then got left in the shadows. That movie is White Chicks.

The movie is about Marcus and Kevin played by Marlin and Shawn Wayans who have failed to capture their latest Bad guy. The chief puts them on a highly important mission that if they screw up they get fired. They have to pick up to rich Women and take them to the Hampton's. But when they get cuts on their faces They two guys have to pose as the two girls.

This is a movie where if you take it too seriously than you can't enjoy a lot of comedies. Filled with over the top humor, racial stereotypes and Fun acting than White Chicks is for you(That did not sound right).

Rated PG-13 For Crude And Sexual Humor, Language And Some Drug Content.

Theatrical: 1hr 49min/109min. Unrated: 1hr 55min/115min.

One Of My Top 5 Favorite Animated Films., 3 May 2012

So I never Thought that a movie done by Nickelodeon could be great.

In the late 90's to the early 2000's there were animated shorts about a boy genius whose inventions never quite work. Nickelodeon wanted to make these hit shorts into a TV Movie for the start of a television series. Paramount liked the concept so much that they decided to say, "Screw That! Put it in theaters!" OK that's not exactly what they said but it was released in theaters and got critical acclaim upon release.

The film is about our title Character Jimmy Neutron voiced by Debi Derryberry who wants to go see the opening of the new theme park entitled "Retroland." His parents will not let him go and in the middle of the night all of the parents get kidnapped.

This is a great film with funny comedy, likable characters and terrific animation this is a must for all animation lovers.

Rated G.

1hr 22min/82min.

A Movie About A Duck Filled With Duck Puns., 27 April 2012

Dedicated to Mr. Odon.

The film is about Howard voiced by Chip Zien is suck down from his duck planet to my home town, Cleveland Ohio. there he meets Beverly played by Lea Thompson and Phil played by Tim Robbins who's new machine Brought Howard down Earth. Meanwhile another scientist played by Jeffery Jones gets Possessed by an alien creature and Howard has to stop it.

This falls into the "So Bad It's Good" category. It is a movie about a talking duck what more do you want? The acting is great, the humor is fantastic and the effects are really good. If you have a chance I say sit down and check it out. P.S. Sorry this one is short.

Rated PG.

1hr 51min/111min.

1 use of the F-word(It's Bleeped).

The Crow (1994)
Is That Gasoline I Smell?, 26 April 2012

"People once believed that when someone dies, a crow carries their soul to the land of the dead. But sometimes, something so bad happens that a terrible sadness is carried with it and the soul can't rest. Then sometimes, just sometimes, the crow can bring that soul back to put the wrong things right." That was my original title for this review but it was declared too long.

On March 31st, 1993, Brandon Lee died of a gunshot wound to the abdomen. The film required a scene with a 44. Magnum. 2 crew members who were inexperienced and pressed for time decided to buy live ammunition and empty the gunpowder themselves. While test firing the gun they had heard a loud popping noise. The noise was the metal tip of a bullet getting lodged in the barrel of the gun and was left there for 2 weeks. When it came time to shoot the scene, actor Micheal Masse was given the weapon and accidentally shot Brandon Lee where he was taken to the hospital and died 12-13 hours later.

The film is about rock musician Eric Draven played by the late great Brandon Lee is brutally murdered and a year later is brought back from the dead to avenge his and his fiancée Shelly Webster played by Sofia Shinas. His Targets are T-Bird played by David Patrick Kelly, Funboy played by Micheal Masse, Tin-Tin played by Lawrence Mason, the name that rhymes with Hank but starts with "Sk" played by Angel David, Top Dollar played by Micheal Wincott and Top Dollar's Sister Myca played by Bai Ling. Eric has support from Sergant Albrect played by Winston From Ghostbusters, Ernie Hudson and the 14 year old girl named Sarah played by Rochelle Davis.

This is by far the best comic book movie ever made. The Gothic style and aspect are great, The acting is phenomenal, The violence is glorified and of course a great last performance from Brandon Lee. Lee haunts every frame of the movie that he is in. For some reason his death always stuck to me. Maybe it was that tragic and I could not forget it. But he will forever live on as a legend like his father Bruce Lee. A perfect last film for a great actor(Brandon Lee).

Dedicatd To Brandon Lee 1965-1993.

Rated R For A Great Amount Of Strong Violence And Language, And For Drug Use And Some Sexuality.

1hr 37min/97min.

48 uses of the F-word.

Hey Mr. Wilson, It's Getting Stale!, 14 April 2012

After I fell in love with the first Dennis The Menace movie I decided to check out the sequel, and needless to say I was very disappointed.

The film is about Dennis played by Justin Cooper who irritates Mr. Wilson played by Don Rickles who is being conned by Brian Doyle Murphy and Carrot Top into becoming young again.

This film was just O.K. The Performance from Justin Cooper Is about the same as Kevin Costner ordering oatmeal on wheat toast with a side of Styrofoam it is that boring. Don Rickles is over the top and this movie just was not as much fun as the first. But it is an O.K movie and has some good parts. I recommend it because it is not that bad.

Rated G.

1hr 15min/75min.

**1/2/****

The Best Thriller I Have Ever Seen., 10 April 2012

This film was a recommendation by a person who actually has taste for films. This is my 2nd favorite Jeff Bridges film with the 1st being The Big Lebowski.

The film is about Micheal Farraday played by Jeff Bridges who teaches courses on Terrorism. One day Micheal stumbles upon a kid played by Dennis The Menace himself, Mason Gamble, Walking down the street with a burnt and bloody hand which was caused by a fireworks incident and meets the boys parents(The Kids name is Brady). Micheal Meets Oliver played by Tim Robbins and Cheryl Long played by Joan Cusack who are the boys parents. They have a dark, twisted and secret past and will go to any measures to keep people from finding out.

This film is thrilling to the last minute. The performances are top notch, The story is played out great and I liked the twist ending which, I will admit got me a little teary eyed.

Rated R For Violence Ad Some Language.

1hr 57min/117min.

5 uses of the F-word.

JCVD (2008)
Highly Overlooked., 10 April 2012

Whenever you talk about Jean Claude-Van Damme, People usually badmouth him and say he is not that good of an actor. Recently I came across this film and to say the least, I was impressed.

The film is about Jean Claude-Van Damme who has just lost a custody battle, and to make matters even worst he happens to stumble upon a violent robbery/hostage negotiation and Van Damme is considered to be the prime suspect.

This film was very good. The film is mostly in Belgian which means you have to read a lengthy amount of subtitles but the acting is great, the story plays out very well and has a very powerful emotional impact. I would definitely say JCVD Is a huge winner.

Rated R For Language And Some Violence.

1hr 37min/97min.

14 uses of the F-word.

****/****.

Hey Mr. Wilson!, 9 April 2012

Lets face it, Kids movies nowadays are pretty stupid. When you look back on kid movies from the 90's they are classics compared to today. One of them is Dennis The Menace.

The film is about Dennis Mitchell played by Mason Gamble who causes trouble for his Neighbor Mr. Wilson played by Walter Matthau who is not very happy with his antics. Meanwhile A man named Switchblade Sam played by Christopher Lloyd who likes to stare at children.

This is a very gentle film. The child actors are cute, Walter Matthaus performance is very good and the film is often very funny. However Christopher Lloyds performance is not the best and am I the only one that thinks Lloyd's character is creepy spying on children. Still I recommend it.

Rated PG For Comedic Mischief.

1hr 36min/96min.

Happy Hunger Games, And May The Odds Be In Your Favor!, 23 March 2012

Sorry that I have not written a review in a long time but I am back full force. My school just got back today from viewing The Hunger Games and all I can say is wow.

Based on the best selling novels written by Suzanne Collins, The film is about The 74th Annual Hunger Games, a sadistic game where 24 kids from 12 districts, 2 from every one, to fight to the death and the one who survives gets fame and fortune. Katniss Everdeen played by Jennifer Lawrence sees that her little sister Primrose played by Willow Shields has been called up as a tribute. Katniss interjects and volunteers to go instead of her sister. She also meets Peeta Mellark played by Josh Hutcherson who stick together to fight the good fight for District 12.

This is by far the best book to movie film I have seen so far. The Effects are awesome, The performances by Jennifer Lawrence and Josh Hutcherson are fantastic, Woody Harelson Is Pretty Funny and the film is very violent and intense sticking closely to the book. It is thrilling all the way through with the best scene being the final fight with Cato and the sad moments are very emotional. Definitely check this one out.

Dedicated to my Reading Teacher Mrs. Tenerowicz for going out of her way to do this.

GO DISTRICT 12!

Rated PG-13 For Intense Violent Thematic Material And Disturbing Images All Involving Teens.

2hrs 22min/142min.