kylehaines96

Page 6 of 23: [Prev][1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [Next]

Just Plain Awful., 6 October 2012

Day 6 Of My 31 Days Of Horror 2.

After the awesome Halloween H20 20 Years Later Hollywood decided "hurr lets make another one!" The film is about 6 college students who are signed up for a show called Dangertainment. The kids have heard about Laurie Strode played by Jaimee Lee Curtis being killed by Micheal Myers played by Brad Loree. The show is hosted by Freddie played by Busta Rhymes and his co host played by Tyra Banks. The kids are put into Michael Myers house for overnight as surprise surprise the man himself shows up and starts killing them one by one.

This is what I like to call a Hollywood film. Hollywood films are just basically stupid films just to rake in money. The acting is awful. The movies plot just sickens me and surprisingly this film is very boring. Although I did really like the first 15 minutes, but thats all I can say good about this film.

Rated R For Strong Violence, Language, Some Sexuality And Brief Drug Use.

1hr 29min/89min.

29 uses of the F-word.

*/****

Scooby Dooby Doo, You Need To Improve., 5 October 2012

Day 5 Of My 31 Days Of Horror 2.

After the very mediocre film Scooby Doo The Mystery Begins Cartoon Network decided to release another made for TV Flick titled Scooby Doo Curse Of The Lake Monster. Just another Mediocre film.

The film follows Fred played by Robbie Amell Daphne played by Kate Melton Velma played by Hayley Kiyoko Shaggy played by Nick Palantas and Scooby Doo voiced by Frank Welker As they go on vacation. However their vacation is cut short after a lake monster mysteriously appears.

This film is just like the last one. I love the chemistry between Shaggy and Scooby Doo. But like I said For the last one the performances done by Amell Melton and Kiyoko are not done very well and the story just did not grab and hold my attention through the film. Like the last film I just cannot recommend it.

Rated PG For Some Mild Scary Action.

1hr 19min/79min.

**/****

Scooby Dooby Doo, What Just Happened?, 4 October 2012

Day 4 Of My 31 Days Of Horror 2.

After the financial success of Scooby Doo and Scooby Doo 2 Monsters Unleashed Cartoon Network decided to release a prequel to the 2 films. They said if you loved the first two you will enjoy this. I highly disagree with that statement.

The film follows Fred played by Robbie Amell Daphne played by Kate Melton Velma played by Hayley Kiyoko Shaggy played by Nick Palatas and Scooby Doo voiced by Frank Welker as they meet up with each other for the very first time. Thats about it.

I do not really hate this movie but I was very let down. I love the performance done by Nick Palatas as Shaggy and I love the chemistry that Scooby Doo and Shaggy have in this film. But the performances done by Amell, Melton and Kiyoko are very poor and are seeming like they could just care less. Also the story in this film is very bland and uninteresting. I certainly hope the next one is better, Rated PG For Mild Peril.

1hr 22min/82min.

**/****

Doo The Fright Thing., 3 October 2012

Day 3 Of My 31 Days Of Horror 2.

Raja Gonsell returns to do the sequel to the hit Scooby Doo from 2002. Did he do well on this one? Lets find out.

The film follows Fred played by Freddie Prinze Jr. Daphne played by Sarah Michelle Gellar Velma played by Linda Cardellini Shaggy played by Mathew Lillard and Scooby Doo voiced by Niel Fanning who are being attacked by a group of monsters trying to unmask the gangs secrets.

The film is just as good as the original. The sets are a little better on this one. Matthew Lillard is the standout performer and the story is great including some of the famous monsters from the TV Series. These films get harsh reputations but me personally I find them to be very enjoyable. I was trying to avoid this pun but Doo see it.

Rated PG For Some Scary Action, Rude Humor And Language.

1hr 33min/93min.

Scooby-Doo (2002)
Be Afraid, Be Kind Of Afraid., 2 October 2012

Day 2 Of My 31 Days Of Horror 2.

Scooby Doo is a 2002 adaptation of the popular cartoon gang of Mystery Incorporated. Raja Gonsell is in the directors chair. Lets see if this film is faithful to the cartoon series.

The film follows Fred played by Freddie Prinze Jr Daphne played by Sarah Michelle Gellar Velma played by Linda Cardellini Shaggy played by Mathew Lillard and Scooby Doo voiced by Neil Fanning As they go their separate ways. The gang has just grown tired of doing the same thing over and over. 2 years later Emile Mondavarious played by Rowan Atkinson calls the gang up to come to Spooky Island to help solve a mystery.

This is a film not meant to be taken seriously. The actors give good performances, The sets are creatively constructed and the humor is very kiddie yet very adult at the same time. I would Highly recommend Scooby Doo.

Rated PG For Some Rude Humor, Language And Some Scary Action.

1hr 26min/86min.

Zombieland (2009)
Nut Up Or Shut Up., 1 October 2012

Day 1 Of My 31 Days Of Horror 2.

Halloween is around and it is time for my second 31 days of horror. First up is Rueben Flesier's Zombieland, a dark comedy that takes a look at what happens when the zombie apocalypse comes up.

The film follows Columbus played by Jesse Eisenberg who has been thrust in the middle of a zombie apocalypse. He goes on a journey to meet his parents in Columbus Ohio. He comes across Talahasse played by Woody Harrelson. Talhasse is on a quest to find and eat the last Twinkie ob earth. From there they meet up with Witchita played by Emma Stone and her little sister Little Rock played by Abigail Breslin who are con artists wanting to go to Pacific Playland theme park. The characters do not like each other at first but soon grow on each other.

This is one hell of a fun ride. The performances by the main central cast with the standout performer being Woody Harrelson. The story is written very well with some of the funniest writing I have ever seen in a film. The sets are great, making you think that the world has become a barren wasteland. The action is fantastic. Lets not forget the best scene in the film, The Bill Murray scene which has to be the funniest moment in the entire film. I recommend Zombieland. It is one of the best comedies of the last 5 years.

Rated R For Horror Violence/Gore And Language.

1hr 28min/88min.

32 uses of the F-word.

Scream (1996)
We All Go A Little Mad Sometimes., 31 August 2012

I am deciding to rewrite my reviews on the Scream franchise because I was not very satisfied with my original reviews. I really didn't express how much I loved these films. So I begin with the first film Scream.

In the early to mid 90's, horror films were getting stale and people were not responding well to recent installments to Halloween, Friday The 13th and A Nightmare On Elm Street. In 1995 a young writer by the name of Kevin Williamson wrote a script for a film entitled Scary Movie. This script started a bidding war between different directors until Wes Craven decided to pick it up. The title was changed from Scary Movie to Scream.

Sidney Prescott played by Neve Campbell is an aspiring girl who is just about ready to graduate High school with her friends. Her best friend is Tatum Riley played by Rose McGowan who is willing to take on anything that gets in her way. Then we have Randy Meeks played by Jamie Kennedy who is the big horror movie geek in the school. Stu Macher played by Matthew Lillard who is dating Tatum and is a big party goer. Finally there is Billy Loomis played by Skeet Ulrich Who is dating Sidney.

One night Casey Becker played by Drew Barrymore gets murdered along with her boyfriend by a man wearing a Ghostface mask and the first on the scene is Gale Weathers played by Courtney Cox A reporter who will do anything to get the latest story and police officer Dewey Riley played by David Arquette who is shy and uncomfortable but has a big heart. After classes have been suspended for a few days Everybody heads to Stu's house for a party. One by one people get murdered including Tatum.

Spoilers! After Sidney is attacked she finds out that Billy is the killer and Stu is his accomplice. Billy is driven By Maternal abandonment whereas Stu is driven to peer pressure. Stu dies from being electrocuted and Billy dies from being shot. The characters end there night by walking into the sunrise.

This is a great horror film. The dialouge is well written because it is self aware. It knows it is making a mockery of horror flicks and has fun with it. The characters are nicely developed and the story is very original for a horror film.

Rated R For Strong Graphic Horror Violence And Gore, And For Language.

1hr 51min/111min.

30 uses of the F-word.

Ted (2012)
Flash Gordan, Turkey Burgers And Thunder Buddies, Ted Has A Dirty Sense Of Humor But It's Heart Is Pure(**** Out Of ****)., 29 August 2012

Seth MacFarlane is famous for creating the hit animated television show Family Guy. He has recently just come out with his first feature film. It is a twist on the modern fairy tale about a boy who wishes his teddy bear alive.

The film follows John Bennet played by Mark Whalberg who wished his teddy bear alive when he was 8 years old. Now 27 years later John still hangs out with his Teddy bear named Ted voiced by Seth MacFarlane. John is celebrating his four year anniversary with his girlfriend Lori Collins played by Mila Kunis who tells John that Ted has to move out.

Ted gets his own apartment which John often visits him. John ends up ditching Lori at a party to meet Sam Jones played by Himself of their favorite film Flash Gordan. When Lori finds out she breaks off her relationship with John. Ted feels bad and tries to patch things up.

Their is a subplot involving a man who wants to buy Ted for his son but I will not get into that because it contains spoilers.

This is the best comedy of 2012. The story is fantastic, he dialouge is extremely well written and the joke hit 100% of the time. Seth MacFarlane Captures childhood magic and dirties it up. Ted has a very dirty mind It's heart is in the right place.

Rated R For Crude And Sexual Content, Pervasive Language And Some Drug Use.

1hr 46min/106min.

67 uses of the F-word.

****/****

Overlooked And Underrated, The Negotiator Is A Thrilling, Suspenseful, Edge-Of-Your-Seat Thrill-Ride(**** Out Of ****)., 28 August 2012

The Negotiator is directed by F. Gary Gray who also directed Friday and Set It Off comes The Negotiator. Now unlike Friday and Set It Off which were deemed Box Office Sucsesses earning more than there budget back, The Negotiator was a Box Office Failure failing to bring back 6 million dollars from it's budget. The budget was $50,000,000 and it only brought back $44,000,000, which is a shame because this was a great film.

The film tells the story of Danny Roman played by Samuel L. Jackson whose job is to be a hostage negotiator. One day he is framed by the police for embezzlement and murder. Upset with being wrongly framed Roman takes hostages to get to the bottom of what happened. He meets fellow hostage negotiator Chris Sabian played by Kevin Spacey who walks Danny through everything. Pretty soon the clock starts running out and Danny must choose a fate between Life and Death.

This is a great movie that threw me for a loop even at times I didn't even see it coming. This movie does not use the same old tired formula, It decides to take a very different turn and thats a good thing. The acting is phenomenal, The story is well conceived and there is real chemistry between the two leads who play off each other very well. If you have not seen this I would recommend it for anybody that wants a taste of something different.

Rated R For Violence And Language.

2hrs 20min/140min.

86 uses of the F-word.

Set It Off (1996)
If Darnell Could Take A Bank We Could Take A Bank., 10 July 2012

F. Gary Gray the director of Friday takes a turn from comedy to drama in a film people call a rip off of The Town. I disagree because this came out 14 years earlier. This a very underrated film that sadly a lot of people have dismissed.

The film is about a group of four women played by Vivica A. Fox, Queen Latifa, Jada Pinkett Smith and Kimberly Elise who rob a bank to get money for Kimberly Elise because her child has been taken away by child protective services. After getting the thrill from robbing a bank for the first time and decide to do again this time they get more money. They then want to rob one last bank this time running away to another country with the money.

This is a underrated gem. The film is very well paced and has great suspense. The group of 4 leading ladies have great chemistry together and has a very nice storyline to go along with it. Definnetly check this one out.

Rated R For Strong Graphic Violence, Pervasive Language, Some Sex And Drug Use.

Theatrical Cut: 2hrs 1min/121min. Directors Cut: 2hrs 4min/124min.

126 uses of the F-word.