kylehaines96

Page 4 of 23: [Prev][1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [Next]

Zombie Comedy At It's Finest(**** Out Of ****), 30 October 2012

Belated Day 24 Of My 31 Days Of Horror 2.

Shaun played by Simon Pegg lives a normal everyday life. He drives to work, he likes a cup of coffee and has a nice girlfriend. But one day The living dead rise up to terrorize Shaun and his friend Ed played by Nick Frost as they fight off a horde of Zombies.

This is one of the funniest films you could watch during Halloween. The main central cast including Simon Pegg and Nick Frost are great. Simon Pegg and Nick Frost are the Abbot and Costello of today.

Rated R For Zombie Violence/Gore And Language.

1hr 40min/100min.

79 uses of the F-word.

Nothing Special(**1/2 Out Of ****), 30 October 2012

Belated Day 23 Of My 31 Days Of Horror 2.

I think that this film does not deserve the cult following it has. While the film is entertaining It is not all that great.

The film follows the main character from the first film but this time the villain is a vampire woman who was a sister from the main vampire from the first film. Thats about it.

The film is very entertaining and a good popcorn flick. But the film drags and the main character is basically not as fun as the first. This film has a cult following because it is hard to find on VHS and DVD. So if you find it hold on to it.

Rated R For Nudity, Violence And Language.

1hr 44min/104min.

1 use of the F-word.

**1/2/****

Sloppy Film(*1/2 Out Of ****), 30 October 2012

Belated Day 22 Of My 31 Days Of Horror 2.

After The decent but mediocre film Halloween 4 The Return Of Michael Myers the studio's quickly shot and filmed and a year later in 1989 Halloween 5 The Revenge Of Michael Myers was released and fans, including me, were not very happy with it.

The film follows Jamie Lloyd played by Danielle Harris who is now under the care of Tina played by Wendy Foxworth after Rachel played by Ellie Cornell is murdered by Michael Myers, all the while a mysterious man in black follows Michael around.

This is a sloppy film. Jaime has become mute so she does not speak much throughout the film. We have annoying characters and inappropriate music in a horror film. Skip this one at all costs. The only reason to watch is for the last 20 minutes.

Rated R For Strong Horror Violence/Terror Occasionally Involving Children, Language, Sexuality, And Teen Drug And Alcohol Use.

1hr 36min/96min.

2 uses of the F-word.

*1/2/****

Inventive Vampire Flick With Great Special Effects(***1/2 Out Of ****), 27 October 2012

Belated Day 21 Of My 31 Days Of Horror 2.

The Lost Boys is one of those movies that changed me after I saw it. It was a revolution that started the vampire craze in the 80's and 90's with this and Fright Night. Does it still hold up today.

The film follows a young Micheal played by Jason Patric who gets bitten by a bat and starts to turn into a vampire and gets chased and hunted down by a group of vampires.

This film has a good 80's feel and terrific special effects. But the only problem is that it shifts from a quiet calm film to an out of control gore fest with vampire guts everywhere. Just how I like it.

Rated R For Bloody Horror Violence Including Disturbing Images, Language And Some Sexuality.

1hr 37min/97min.

1 uses of the F-word.

***1/2/****

Micheal Myers Returns But Was It Worth It?(**1/2 Out Of ****), 27 October 2012

Belated Day 20 Of My 31 Days Of Horror 2.

This year I want to review the Halloween Sequels I did not get to last year. I reviewed Halloween Resurrection a couple of weeks ago and hated it. But after watching Halloween 4 I was looking forward to the rest.

The film follows Jaime Lloyd played by Danielle Harris who is the young Niece of Micheal Myers who has now come back after 10 years to wreak havoc on Haddenfield and find Jaime and her sister Rachel played by Ellie Cornell.

This is a decent yet mediocre film in the series. While it is a step up from Halloween 3 It still could be better. But it is entertaining and Danielle Harris is fantastic as the terrified little Jaime Lloyd.

Rated R For Horror Violence/Terror, Language, And A Scene Of Sexuality.

1hr 28min/88min.

1 use of the F-word.

**1/2/****

Inventive Horror Flick Hits Mostly All Of The Right Notes(*** Out Of ****), 27 October 2012

Belated Day 19 Of My 31 Days Of Horror 2.

You might remember Tom Holland. I reviewed the 1988 horror flick Child's Play last year. I returned to his work and after watching the 2011 remake of this film I would say that the newer version is just slightly better.

This film follows Charlie played by William Ragsdale who is a huge horror movie buff. He suspects that his new next door neighbor Jerry played by Chris Sarandon is a vampire. He enlists the help of a horror movie T.V. host named Peter Vincent played by Roddy Mcdowell to help eliminate his next door neighbor.

This film I was disappointed I wanted more. But The acting is good, The special effects are amazing and the ending is great. But I think that the remake had a little more flare and a bigger spark to it.

Rated R For Horror Violence And Language.

1hr 46min/106min.

4 uses of the F-word.

***/****

Scream 2 (1997)
The Body Counts Always Bigger., 19 October 2012

After re-writing my review for Scream I decided to do the rest with 2,3 and 4. Like I said for Scream that I think these films are fun but need to be talked about in better detail.

The film Follows Sidney Prescott played by Neve Campbell who her , Randy played by Jamie Kennedy, Her boyfriend Derek played by Jerry O'Connell, Gale played by Courtney Co and Dewey played by David Arquette are once again being terrorized by the Ghostface killer. Suspicions arise and Sidney is put more in danger than she was a year before.

Spoilers! We find out that the killers are Mickey played by Timothy Olyphant and Mrs. Loomis Billy's Mother played by Laurie Metcalf. Like the last film Sidney kills them and moves on to a better life.

This film is slightly better than the first with a better story, acting and a better climax than the first.

Rated R For Language And Strong Bloody Violence.

2hrs/120min.

33 uses of the F-word.

Throwback To The Monster Movies Of The 50's., 19 October 2012

Belated Day 18 Of My 31 Days Of Horror.

Dreamworks animation like Pixar animation has been going through the slumps. I will have to admit that one of the smartest and funniest animated films I have seen Is Monsters Vs Aliens which I think is a throwback to the old monster movies of the 1950's.

The film is about Susan voiced by Reese Witherspoon whose wedding day has been ruined due to a freak accident where she grows 100 feet tall and is deemed Ginormica. She meets up with B.O.B. voiced by Seth Rogen Dr. Cockroach Phd voiced by Hugh Laurie and The Missing Link voiced by Will Arnett to help destroy alien robots that have invaded Earth.

This like I said is smart funny and inventive that reminds you of the classic monster movies of the 1950's. Check this film out I think you will be surprised.

Rated PG For Sci-Fi Action, Some Crude Humor And Mild Language.

1hr 34min/94min.

***1/2/****

You And Me Me And You Both Of Us Together., 19 October 2012

Belated Day 17 Of My 31 Days Of Horror.

Pixaar has been kind of in the slumps recently. Cars 2 and Brave have been getting mixed reviews. While I think they are decent movies I do agree that they could have been better. However my favorite pixar film is not Toy Story Or Finding Nemo it is Monsters Inc.

The film follows Sulley voiced by John Goodman and Mike voiced by Billy Crystal as they work a 9 to 5 job scaring children. One day a child they name Boo voiced by Mary Gibbs escapes to the monster world which could not only cost Sulley and Mike their jobs but could be deadly to the Monster world.

This is an imaginative and fun film with gorgeous animation and very funny and talented writing. The perfect film to show your kids.

Rated G.

1hr 33min/93min.

Ugh..., 18 October 2012

Belated Day 16 Of My 31 Days Of Horror.

This film is about a group of people played by Owen Wilson Catherine Zeta Jones and Liam Neeson spending the night in a house that contains sprirts.

That is the story and this is a poor film. Jan De Bont slipped through the cracks after Speed. This film has poor special effects lousy acting and a terrible interpretation of the original classic. I don't even want to spend a lot of time on a film that does not deserve my own time.

Rated PG-13 For Intense Horror Sequences.

1hr 53min/113mins.