kylehaines96

Page 2 of 23:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [Next]

We're Gonna Party 'Till We're Purple!(**** Out Of ****), 23 January 2013

Let me take you back to 2004. I was 6 years old and I loved Spongebob to death and so did every kid around me. When I heard that there was going to be a movie based on the show I was excited I could not wait to see it. However My Mom was extremely reluctant to take me to see this because she downright hated Spongebob but a week after the movie premiered and To this day I remember watching everything unfold on the big screen. Fast forward 9 years later. Today there is as big as a Spongebob Fanbase than you could imagine. Due to this, I wanted to revisit the film and see if it holds up like I remembered. Well, after giving the film another watch, I can say that not only does it hold up, but it's better than I remembered.

Spongebob Squarepants voiced by Tom Kenny is eagerly awaiting a new manager promotion over at the newly built Krusty Krab 2, which is built right next to the original. However Spongebob does not get the job due to him not being mature enough. He then goes to an Ice Cream restaurant along with his buddy Patrick voiced by Bill Fagerbakke and they just get wasted off of Ice cream. The next morning they wake up from an Ice cream hangover and as Spongebob is getting ready to chew out his boss Mr. Krabs, voiced by Clancy Brown, King Neptune voiced by Jeffery Tambor and his daughter Mindy voiced by Scarlett Johanssen come to The Krusty Krab To find Mr. Krabs. Neptune than freezes Krabs after hearing Krabs stole his beloved crown. Meanwhile Plankton voiced by Mr. Lawrence is the real stealer of the crown is no planning to enact his dreaded Plan Z And it's up to Spongebob an Patrick to stop Plankton and get back Neptune's crown.

First off, the animation is exquisite, there is just no other word for it. This is one of last films to be traditionally animated rather than be CGI. The detail on the characters expressions, plus the way the light hits their face is all beautiful. Also the locations look phenomenal, with the way the film transitions from The safe town of Bikini Bottom to the dark, dank and musty look of The trenches of Shell City.

The voice acting is done well for 2 reasons. The first being that the voices match the personalities of these Sea Creatures but also, it is the same voice cast from the show. This film also has smartly written dialouge. This is not only a movie that can appeal to Kids but Adults too. The movie doesn't downplay children like some recent animated films, It has jokes that may fly over children's head like the Ice Cream Hangover scene. Recently, animated films are all CGI, but it's nice to look back at the traditional animation and say that it can still be done.

I would not only recommend this film to children and fans of the show, Although recently the show hasn't been doing so well, but I would recommend this film to adults. Like I stated this film does have jokes that appeal to adults but it is not the raunchy type of humor you would find in shows such as Family Guy or South Park. Plus the film is the perfect escape from reality.

Rted PG For Some Mild Crude Humor.

1hr 27min/87min.

****/****

You Call This Funny? I Call It A Waste Of 88 Minutes(1/2* Out Of ****), 22 January 2013

Jason Friedberg and Aaron Seltzer are the new writing duo on the scene and probably one of the more famous writing teams but for all of the wrong reasons. They are known for writing and directing some of the worst films I have ever seen. Who could forget the soon to be Academy Award Winning classics Epic Movie or Date Movie and of course Meet The Spartans. All of them terribly Unfunny. Then comes Disaster movie, 1 of 3 films written by the duo to come out in the year 2008. The first being the awful Meet The Spartans, the second being Superhero Movie which believe it or not is actually really funny, and the third being this. This makes me ponder the question: Why on earth do people find this funny. It may say from 2 of the 6 writers of Scary Movie but look, there were 6 writers for Scary Movie. How do these two untalented unfunny writers keep getting work? Just because they wrote Scary Movie doesn't mean they can transfer their work into movies like this.

25-year-old Will played by Matt Lanter is getting ready for his Sweet 16 birthday party because he never had one. His girlfriend Amy played by Vanessa Lachey is having a rocky relationship with Will but gives him one more chance. Wills friend Calvin played by Gary Johnson along with his girlfriend Lisa played by Kim Kardashian throw Will a great party filled with a High School Musical song and dance number. However the party is cut short by meteors falling down to earth. Will, Amy, Calvin, Lisa and Juno played by Crista Flannigan Try to find Shelter until the shower is finished. They come across colorful characters along the way like the crew form Sex And The City, Batman and the princess from Enchanted.

Now the movie actually, believe it or not, has a few funny moments in it. The Dr. Phil and Hancock Impersonators are pretty funny and Tony Cox has a really funny cameo as Indiana Jones and has the best written dialouge in the film. Now the rest of the film is not funny at all. What Jason Friedberg and Aaron Seltzer find funny is the useless contrived potty humor and of course the ever funny gay jokes. This movie can't go five minutes without cracking a gay joke. There is a scene in the film where the character of Will is tackled by a naked Beowoulf. Ha-Ha.

There are two songs in the film. The first song which is the High School Musical song. Listen to these soon-to-be-classic lyrics: "We'll All be friends forever, Unless a random Disaster Destroys the city". Ha Ha. Also we have the song I'm F****** Matt Damon, Again HA-HA. Half of the stuff in this film made me say What was the joke? For example, when Hannah Montana Gets crushed by a boulder but she keeps dying and coming back to life. Whats The Joke? Maybe I don't understand it but apparently other people did because this movie made money. Why, I don't know. Now I love stupid humor, one of my favorite films of all time is Napoleon Dynamite but wow this movie is bad. I am going to use a term from the online film critic duo Schmoes Know, This movie Stoinks!

Wow! This is one of the worst films I have ever seen. This movie is not funny. It is poor and unfunny it is tedious to watch. I Hated Hated Hated Hated Hated This Movie. It has insulted the Intelligence of not only me and the intelligence of cinema but it has insulted the intelligence of the American people. Shame on you anybody who payed money to see this movie in theaters.

Rated PG-13 For Crude And Sexual Content Throughout, Language, Drug References And Comic Violence.

Theatrical: 1hr 27min/87min. Unrated: 1hr 28min/88min.

Theatrical: 1 use of the F-word. Unrated: 60 uses of the F-word.

1/2*/****

Kick-Ass (2010)
The Anti Superhero Film(**** Out Of ****), 8 January 2013

Kick-Ass is a unique film. It is a film that definitely falls under the "Take-No-Prisoners" category. The film is brutal and vulgar and it is deliciously demented. Kick-Ass is a brilliant comic book written by Mark Millar, and yes, there are differences between the comic book and film, but I don't go into a movie adapted from source material and nitpick if one character didn't do something he did in the book. However I do pay attention to see if it lives up to the book. Films like "Percy Jackson And The Olympians The Lightning Thief" and "Alex Rider: Operation Stormbreaker" are terrible adaptations of the original source material. Kick-Ass is one of the films that follows the book but makes changes, for a reason. If everything in the novel was in the film, than it would have been rated NC-17, which is the stamp of death for movies.

The films follows Dave Lizewski played by Aaron Johnson is pondering the age-old question: How come nobody wants to be a Superhero? After the crime rate has gone up in his city he decides he wants to dress up like a superhero and take down some thugs. However, his first encounter does not go so well as he is stabbed and hit by a car. Miraculously, he survives and decides to have another go at it. He launches into worldwide fame after a video is posted online of him beating up 3 thugs, goes viral. He goes to do another job but the plan goes awry when the gang member gets the upper hand. He is then helped by Hit-Girl played by Chloe Grace Mortez and her father Big Daddy played by Nicholas Cage. The films villain Frank D'amico played by Mark Strong and his son Chris played by Christopher Mintz-Plasse devise a plan to kidnapped Kick-Ass by having Chris be a new Superhero named Red-Mist. The rest is for you to watch the film and find out for yourself.

The films acting is very strong. Aaron Jonson is very good in his film debut as the title character. Chloe Grace Mortez is very good and vulgar in her debut as well. Christopher Mintz-Plasse is of course good as the sort of awkward kid who wants to make it big. Nicholas Cage is always great and fun to watch. He is especially hilarious as the gun toting nut Big Daddy.

The story is different yet original. This is sort of the Anti Superhero movie. This film brings to light that Superheroes don't always win. I love it. It's a bold approach and it is different to see superheroes placed in more danger than the PG-13 cookie cutter comic book movies. I have nothing wrong with those movies but I would love to see something different.

This film has two types of humor. The genuinely funny humor that happens from dialouge exchanges from characters, and the shocking humor. A perfect example is when Chloe Grace Mortez, who was 11 years old when filming is swearing all over the place with her saying lines like, "Okay you C***s, lets see what you can do." The character development is great and the characters of Big Daddy and Hit Girl have amazing back-stories. Hit Girl's mom died of a prescription drug overdose while her father was in prison. Big Daddy's motivation for going after Frank is that Frank put him in prison and left Hit Girl without a father for a few years. These characters have a motivation for getting their revenge.

Laslty I want to advise a warning. This film is extremely brutal, vulgar and violent. The torture scene in the film is very brutal and hard to watch. I know this sounds crazy but the torture scene in the book is more brutal than the film. Also there is blood galore in this film but has the same amount or less amount of blood than in the book. They wanted to make this movie PG-13 but, honestly, it would not have worked. Also 80% of the violence is enacted by a child who is Chloe Grace Mortez. This may be hard to watch and that is understandable. Lastly there is a brief but painful scene where Hit Girl is getting strangled by Frank. By me awarding this film 4 stars, I am not promoting child violence or violence against children, as a matter of fact it sickens me, But this is a movie based off of a comic book. It is not realistic and It is heavily stylized. I understand if you find this material hard to watch, but lets be honest an 11 year old girl is not going to go on a murderous rampage. Roger Ebert famously gave the film 1 star out of 4 saying "Should I be cool, or have a Heart?" I am not cool by rating the film 4 stars but I am being honest. So was Roger Ebert and I respect him for it.

This film earns my 4 star rating. The acting is strong, the story is brilliant and the film is brutally fun and shockingly funny. Kick-Ass is a movie with brutality but heart. This is a comic book film not to be missed.

Rated R For Strong Brutal Violence Throughout, Pervasive Language, Sexual Content, Nudity And Some Drug Use- Some Involving Children.

1hr 57min/117min.

112 uses of the F-word.

The D Is Silent(****Out Of****)., 5 January 2013

Quentin Tarantino is my all-time favorite director. He makes very unique films like Reservoir Dogs, Pulp Fiction, Jackie Brown, Kill Bill and Inglourious Basterds. He has come out with another film which is now tied with End Of Watch as being the best film of the year. Now I don't have to like everything Quentin Tarantino but every thing I have seen of him but I have seen everything he has done and they are all fantastic including this one.

The film starts in 1858, 2 years before the civil war, with Dr. King Schultz played by Christoph Waltz who comes across a group of slaves and requires the help of one. That happens to be Django played by Jamie Foxx. Shultz is a bounty hunter and needs the help of Django to find The Brittle Brothers who had kidnapped Django's wife and took her away. They soon find and kill The Britlle Brothers(Not a spoiler because this happens 40 minutes into the movie) and find out that Django's Wife Broomhilda played by Kerry Washington has been taken to a plantation known as Candyland run by Calvin Candie played by Leonardo DiCaprio.

Calvin and Shultz negotiate at dinner the selling of a slave fighter but Calvin's assistant Stephen played by Samuel L. Jackson notices that Django and Broomhilda seem to know each other. Calvin then sells Broomhilda to Shultz and Django after threatening to kill Broomhilda. (Spoilers Ahead. Skip to the next paragraph if you have not seen this film which shame on you, you should see it.) Shultz then shoots and kills Candie after Candie's behavior and then a brutal and bloody shootout which results in the death of Schultz. Django Then ,with Broomhilda, go back to the plantation and kill the remaining betrayers and blows Calvins house to smithereens as Django and Broomhilda Ride off into the night.

There is a scene in Django Unchained Where Django executes a bloody shootout and when I say Bloody, I mean so gruesome that I am surprised that this got away with an R Rating but I am glad it did so I could see it. This shooting is not realistic but it is so good and a pivotal scene in the film and it is awesome.

The film has great acting. I hope Jamie Foxx gets nominated for Best Actor and not 1, but 3 people going for Best Supporting Actor, Christoph Waltz, Leonardo DiCaprio and Samuel L. Jackson. Kerry Washington for best Actress. Everybody in this film does a great job and this is some of the best acting I have seen in a film.

The music is fantastic with the original Django theme in the opening credits. While I really do not like, sorry, hate rap, I think the rap music fits very well into the film. The theme of Spaghetti Western music is great.

The story is awesome. I love the time period it is set in and it shows you a movie can be good if it is not set in modern times or in the future. The film also has beautiful set locations and Tarantino did a fantastic job recreating a western location.

A warning to the squeamish, this film has harsh usage of the N word, although it is scary for the time period this film is set in, and has a ton of blood and is very gruesome. If you do not like the sight of that then you might want to sit this film out but do not let that stop you from seeing this film.

I am introducing a new thing called The Drinking Game where you take a drink every time something repetitive happens, although thats not bad for this film.. Take a drink Whenever some uses the N word(121 times).

The final verdict for Django Unchained is 4 Out Of 4 Stars with My Seal Of Approval. Awesome story and acting, great music, nice set locations and stylized glorified violence with great character development. See this film do whatever you can to see this movie. This movie may be 3 hours long but is entertaining every single second. Although do not take a 9 year old to see it. Thats what happened at my theater.

Rated R For Strong Graphic Violence Throughout, A Vicious Fight, Language And Some Nudity.

2hrs 45min/165min.

39 uses of the F-word.

121 uses of the N-word.

****/****

This Is One Of The Reasons Why I Don't Watch Much T.V. Anymore(BOMB/0 Out Of ****), 3 January 2013

Here Comes Honey Boo Boo has accomplished something and that something is to make me absolutely disgusted that something like this can be put on TV on TLC which I find very funny because TLC Stands for The Learning Channel. What am I learning? I am learning that your IQ Can be dropped by watching 1 second of this show.

First off there is no story, I mean what would you expect from a show called Here Comes Honey Boo Boo? Second, the main cast is unbearable to watch and are disgusting. Third, This is a spin-off show of Toddlers And Tiaras and don't even get me started on that abomination.

The final verdict for Here Comes Honey Boo Boo is 0 stars out of 4 which also earns my seal of disapproval. No story, disgusting cast and awful concept Here Comes Honeyy Boo Boo is awful. It is Garbage.

Not Rated.

22min.

BOMB/****

A Botched Attempt At Storytelling(* Out Of ****), 21 December 2012

Would you expect anything else With a film titled "Rock-A-Doodle"? I did. The film is animated by legendary animation legend Don Bluth who did films like The Secret Of Nimh and An American Tale. With a resume like that, where could he possibly go wrong with this? Well this film went everywhere wrong and more.

The film follows the story of a rooster named Chanticleer voiced by Glen Campbell whose crowing makes the sun come up. One day he forgets to crow but the sun still comes up. The other barn animals shun and banish Chanticleer from the farm considering him to be a fraud. We then cut to a boy named Edmond played by Toby Scott Ganger who as been reading the storybook of Chanticleer and is realizing that his farm will be foreclosed. Edmond then meets The Grand Duke Of Owls voiced by Christopher Plummer who transforms Edmond into a cat and Edmond goes on a journey to find Chanticleer.

Well the only good thing about this film is the voice work done by Campbell and Plummer who seem to be the only people involved with this film really invested. The other voice actors are abysmal and very dull. If it were not for those two this Picture would be dead on arrival.

The animation is dull and not very pleasing to look at. It looks like a child's finished coloring book, with colors all over the place and dull mix of colors.

This film also has a confusing and jumbled narrative with the film jumping from Edmond and his family to Chanticleer. This can be done well like in Pulp Fiction how it jumbles all over the place but eventually all of the stories come together. This film not only jumps around without warning but the story of Edmonds farm is never resolved yet it spends more time on Edmond then on Chanticleer. I guess they were waiting for Rock-A-Doodle 2: Rooster, What Rooster?

Lastly the film mixes Live action and Animation together...Poorly, and I am shocked because Who Framed Roger Rabbit came out 3 years before this in 1988 and that was great. This mixes it very poorly and, quite frankly, looks unfinished.

The Final Verdict for the 1991 film Rock-A-Doodle is 1 star out of 4. The film looks unfinished and rushed with poor mixing of live action and animation, dull animation and a confusing narrative. Glen Campbell and Christopher Plummer are the only reason to watch this.

Rated G.

1hr 17min/77min.

Cost: $18,000,000.

Box Office: $11,657,385.

IMDb Rating: 5.6/10.

Rotten Tomatoes Rating: 25% Rotten.

My Rating: */****

I Am Chucky The Killer Doll!(*** Out Of ****)., 14 December 2012

Her is a movie that falls into the category of movies that I like but everyone else hates. I can understand why some people would say that this movie is not that good but, honestly, I don't understand the utter and pure hatred for the film.

The film does start off with an... interesting opening sequence. By interesting I mean that the entire first minute of the movie is a bunch of sperm flying around. Yeah... so anyway, Chucky voiced by Brad Dourif and Tiffany voiced by Jennifer Tilly have a child named Glen voiced by Billy Boyd(Appropriate enough since The Hobbit comes out today). The child does a whole lot of things like wet himself and is hard to determine whether or not he is a...boy...or...girl. Basically he does anything but kill people. Chucky and Tiffany want to take over some souls to be human again. Chucky wants Redman played by Redman and Tiffany, oddly enough, wants Jennifer Tilly played by Jennifer Tilly. They have a problem, Glen/Glenda(Get it?) wants them to stop killing to which Chucky has some problems with.

The first and main problem I have is the character of Glen/Glenda. I like the look and voice of the doll, but they completely screwed this character up. A killer doll child would be better than a doll child that WETS HIMSELF 3 TO 4 TIMES IN THE MOVIE! Sorry for shouting, but man thats really absurd. Also he doesn't do a whole lot in the movie. He is just there.

The last 2 problems I have with the movie. The first, Redman, what are you doing here? You are not even in the movie for more than 6-7 minutes. You are, Dare I Say, useless in this film. The last is how while the movie is funny it goes a little too far into the comedy realm.

The first good thing is of course the voice acting of Brad Dourif, Jennifer Tilly and Billy Boyd. I also like the acting by Redman, who does an o.k job, John Waters and Jennifer Tilly who is HOT! I'm sorry but if you are a male, watch this, and don't find her hot you lose 1000 points in street credibility.

Also I do like how they go after two celebrities instead of two people off of the street. Plus even though it goes a little too much on the comedy it is still a funny movie, however I did not need to see Chucky...pleasuring himself.

The Final Verdict for Seed Of Chucky is 3 Stars Out Of 4. It has good voice acting, amazing effects, and good acting. This movie is not for everybody but I do recommend it. You will have fun with it if you leave your brain at the door.

Did I mention that Jennifer Tilly was hot? Rated R For Strong Horror Violence/Gore, Sexual Content And Language.

Theatrical: 1hr 27min/87min. Unrated: 1hr 28min/88min.

25 uses of the F-word.

Cost: $12,000,000.

Box Office: $24,829,644.

IMDb Rating: 4.9/10.

Rotten Tomatoes Rating: 33% Rotten.

My Rating: ***/****

Who The (Beep) Is Martha Stewart?(**** Out Of ****)., 13 December 2012

Well my opinion has changed for this one because if you remember last time I gave this movie 3 1/2 out of 4, now it is up to the full 4. So just why is this one the one sequel that I like out of all the others? Well a lot of good reasons come into mind.

The film picks up about a month after Child's Play 3, where Chucky's remains are stolen by Tiffany played by Jennifer Tilly and she takes them back to her house and sews them together. When her wannabe goth killer boyfriend comes over, Chucky comes alive and kills the boyfriend in a very bloody death. It is revealed that Tiffany and Chucky were dating before Charles Lee Ray was put inside the doll. They at first are happy but Tiffany locks Chucky in a playpen because Tiffany was under the false impression that Chucky was going to propose to her. Chucky, Now raging mad, Kills Tiffany and puts her inside of a doll body. They take a couple played by Nick Stabile and Katherine Heigel hostage and plan to posses their souls.

The first good thing is the story. I really like how they don't really go after Andy here and instead go after new people. However They at least could have mentioned him more than they did, at least more than a newspaper article. Also I love the idea of giving Chucky a bride so he can have another doll to interact with.

The next is the Bride Of Chucky. Her character is really well done here and I like how Jennifer Tilly does voice Tiffany. The look of the Bride is pretty cool with the doll starting out as a wedding doll and then transformed in this goth/biker chick look. Plus Chucky gets lucky, twice. The first is, obviously when he gets married but the second is when he really gets "Lucky" if you know what I mean.

The next is the special effects which are better than the last two. Chucky is now all scarred up and this look is pretty frightening but to be completely honest I found his appearance in the first film more scary, But I do love the look they go with and this look does continue into Seed Of Chucky.

The last is the acting. Stabile and Heigel do a really good job and are believable as a couple, John Ritter, yes he is in the movie, does a good job as a dirty cop. But I want to talk about the dolls. The voice acting by Brad Dourif and Jennifer Tilly are great. Plus Jennifer Tilly is hot. Both in and outside of the doll.

The Final Verdict for Bride Of Chucky is 4 Out Of 4 Stars. Great acting, amazing special effects, also not to mention the movie is extremely funny. My favorite quote is from Chucky and it was used for the title of the review. Go out and watch this because it deserves to be seen.

Rated R For Strong Horror Violence And Gore, Language, Some Sexual Content And Brief Drug Use.

1hr 29min/89min.

15 uses of the F-word.

Cost: $25,000,000.

Box Office: $50,692,188.

IMDb Rating: 5.2/10.

Rotten Tomatoes Rating: 42% Rotten My Rating: ****/****

Don't (Beep) With The Chuck!(*** Out Of ****)., 12 December 2012

Released just 9 months after it's predecessor, Child's Play 3 opened to very abysmal reviews. Understandable because this is definitely the weakest one in the series, but it is one of those movies that I like but everyone else hates. Does this movie have flaws? Yes, but that doesn't mean that you still can't enjoy it.

The film starts as Chucky voiced by Brad Dourif is rebuilt again(which you think they would've learned after the first two movies) 8 years after the events of Child's Play 2. He is raging mad and wants to find where Andy is. It turns out Andy now played by Justin Whalin has been sent to a military camp to straighten him out after his killer doll story. One night Chucky comes across a young boy named Tyler played by Jeremy Sylvers and Chucky decides that instead of chasing after Andy again, he can transfer his soul into Tyler who is friends with Andy.

The problems with the film. The first being the doll effects which I consider to be the weakest of the franchise and thankfully they were vastly improved in 1998's Bride Of Chucky. The second being the acting which feels very stale with Whalin. He doesn't have the charm that Alex Vincent had in the first two movies. The third and final one being the tone of the film. This film is very dark compared to the first two. Now the second film went about 10% darker than the first but knew it's limits. Here they go full force especially the last 15 minutes which take place in a carnival. This film was the sort of start of making the films more of a horror comedy.

The good of the movie. The first being the voice acting of Brad Dourif which I have praised before and I am going to praise again. he is just that good however he is best in Child's Play and Bride Of Chucky. He is the perfect one for the role and should be nominated for an award for his voice work which I am surprised has not happened... yet.

The next are two things. The first is that the doll effects sometimes can manage to be creepy and scary when a scene calls for it. Next we have the army setting which I find very clever that Chucky is running around an army camp and I really do like that his main focus is not his main priority which is good at least for me because if Andy was portrayed by Alex Vincent again I would be saying the exact opposite.

Lastly we have the climax which is, like the last film is the best part of the film. The climax takes place inside of a carnival, specifically in a haunted house ride which actually takes apart of Chucky's skin and has a very bloody look on his face. Effective, yes. Realistic, no.

The Final Verdict for the film Child's Play 3 is 3 Stars Out Of 4. The film has good effects, great voice work and a cool climax but is held back by stale acting by Whalin, and too much of a dark tone. I suggest watching it because you can have some fun with it.

Rated R For Horror Violence And Language.

1hr 30min/90min.

17 uses of the F-word.

Cost: $13,000,000.

Box Office: $20,560,255.

IMDb Rating: 4.6/10.

Rotten Tomatoes Rating: 23% Rotten.

My Rating: ***/****

Did You Miss Me Andy, I Sure Missed You(***1/2 Out Of ****), 11 December 2012

After the 1st film had hit it big with both the critics and the people, it was time to continue the story of the murderous doll. Don Mancini returns to write and cast members Alex Vincent and Brad Dourif return to reprise their roles from before.

The film starts out with Chucky voiced by Brad Dourif being rebuilt after his crispy end at the end of the first film. He tracks down Andy played by Alex Vincent and finds out that his mother(sadly not seen at all in the movie) was sent to a mental institute after defending her sons story about a killer doll. Andy goes to live with a foster family but after multiple mishaps involving the killer doll and the death of his foster dad(Guess Who?) Andy is sent back to foster care where Chucky takes him and his foster sister Kyle(Hey that's my name!) hostage and takes them to a toy factory for a climax that is now infamous in the horror community.

The problems I have with this film are 2 very minor things. The first is the story. It feels like it is trying to be a copy of the first film just in a different story(I'm looking at you The Hangover Part II). The second is the doll effects. The special effects for the doll still look good but they feel a little lacking in comparison.

Now onto the good stuff. First I like how Andy is now sent into foster care because it gives him new people to interact with. Now even though I complained about the mother not being in the film, I am glad that there are new people because if the mother was in here than this would be a blatant copy of the first film.

Next the acting. Alex Vincent still does a good job but feels a Little stale than the first one. Of course Brad Dourif is fantastic as the voice of Chucky. The foster family does an o.k. job, and thats about the main cast of the film.

Lastly the climax of the film which takes place in a toy factory. My favorite film critic that is not based online, Roger Ebert and his colleague the late Gene Siskel stated that they thought this was a poor film but praised the last 15 minutes. The last 15 minutes are the best because it takes place in a giant toy factory where Chucky could be anywhere.

The final verdict for Child's Play 2 is 3 1/2 stars out of 4, and it does earn my seal of approval which is earned by films that earn 3.5 or 4 stars. The films had good acting, a new setting which does work out and of course the 15 minute climax in the toy factory is the cherry on top of the sundae. Les this film does show Chucky come alive a lot quicker(17 minutes in) but it still is a good movie albeit flaws.

Rated R For Horror Violence/Gore, Including Terror And For Language.

1hr 24min/84min.

9 uses of the F-word.

Cost: $13,000,000.

Box Office: $35,763,605.

IMDb Rating: 5.3/10.

Rotten Tomatoes Rating: 43% Rotten.

My Rating: ***1/2/****