Reviews written by
dead_parrot

Page 1 of 6:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [Next]

Best cartoon I've ever seen, 7 January 2004

The Pixar people couldn't make a bad movie if they tried. What's not to love about this movie? It's very entertaining, very creative and most of all...very good. If you don't like this Finding Nemo at least a little bit, I pity you. 10/10.

You couldn't want anything else in this movie, 3 January 2004

Great movie. Beautifully shot, wonderfully told. This was, pretty much, a flawless movie. If you are a fan of foreign films, get up and watch this movie and it's sequel, La Chateau de ma Mere, now. Among the best French films I've ever seen (and I've seen quite a few of them), but this one will always be one of my favorites.

Funny...very enjoyable., 3 January 2004

Now, I have yet to go to college, but this movie certainly made me look forward to it! Very witty movie--more witty in the second half than in the first, I found. The actors were all very funny in their roles, especially Belushi ("I'm a zit") as the troublemaker. Now, for the verdict: Is this the best college movie of all time? I'd say so.

Great fun. Up there with "Animal House", 3 January 2004

This movie is very, very good. What more can I say? I mean, it's terribly funny and creative. It's one of those really enjoyable "feel-good" movies like "Dumb and Dumber" that you can really enjoy and laugh at. Many of the stars of this movie, who were relatively unknown at the time this was made, went on to have excellent careers, and I can see why. I recommend this to everybody, except for those who do not like to laugh.

Titanic (1997)
It was great., 3 January 2004

I absolutely love Titanic. I still pull out my VHS copy every once and again and watch it, and am still continually impressed by it. The acting is good, the music gives you chills, and the special effects are excellent. I must admit, the first time I saw Titanic, I cried for about 4 hours afterward. Nowadays, the movie is deemed "dated." Why? Because so many of the teenage girls who loved DiCaprio when it first came out have moved onto pastures new in the field of men to admire. I think that every teenage girl who went to see Titanic solely because they found DiCaprio morbidly attractive should re-watch this film instead of dismissing it. It is a fine testament to human error and the huge consequences that can result from our mistakes. I say, good job, Cameron, for making such a memorable film.

Lord, what a waste of money, 3 January 2004

I saw this movie at the IMAX theatre in our city for a gym credit. Oh, God, how I want my $5 back. I mean, it's just reruns of the Olympics for crying out loud! I could have just sat at home and watched the Olympics on TV. All in all, this is a waste. 4/10.

Sommersby (1993)
It was all right, I suppose..., 3 January 2004

Well, what can I say? This movie wasn't the best I've seen, but not the worst. It featured some good performances and an interesting storyline, but still, it had a certain weakness to it that I didn't like very much. The film tried to be too much of an epic and got a little bit corny at times. And it featured waaay too many sex scenes that were quite unnecessary. It wasn't bad; but I don't think I'd enjoy giving it a second viewing.

The book was far superior, 3 January 2004

After reading the book and liking it very much, I must say I was quite disappointed by the film adaptation. For one thing, the ending was completely different than the book; and it seemed a bit too prettied-up (I won't spoil it by giving away details). Though there were some excellent performances, that is basically the only thing that saves the film, in my opinion. Overall, the book was a superb experience, whereas this film just seemed mediocre. I'd pick the book over the movie anyday.

Nearly knocked me out of my seat in the theatre, 3 January 2004

On rare occasions, there comes a movie that makes you feel really, really in awe. This is one of those films. After seeing FOTR, I figured I had to see this one too. I've never seen an audience so enthralled as the one in the theatre watching TTT. Wow. This movie has everything, and I mean everything. It's even better than FOTR. Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful. Yours truly absolutely loved it. Take my advice, and watch it.

I hated it...oh how I hated it, 3 January 2004

I went to see this movie with reasonable anticipations. I was a young girl visiting my friend, who was a HUGE Spice Girls fan, and she really wanted to see this, so I said, "Why not?" Oh, Lord, what an awful movie this was. Not original, too short and NOT GOOD at all. Please avoid this film at all costs. I am begging you. I would insert many more bad things about the film, but I must stop now before I regurgitate thinking about it. Thank you very much.

Page 1 of 6:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [Next]