My college students' generation at work in learning life., 14 September 2014

This pilot is so very subtle in its use of humour, very European/British/French. I hope the audience grows for this one to at least let the project grow. I am waiting with anticipation. This is classic sophisticated humor at its best. This play digs deeply into the mindsets and the source of those mindsets for this generation of young people. Ex-patriots from America's small minded social atmosphere of what I would, as a professor of English Literature, call society undermining the learning process and forcing good minds to evacuate a failed American Education, thinking that Paris, and seeing themselves as Parisians, will recreate their true selves. Ah, the errors of youth.

wonderful British understatement in "slapdashery", 25 February 2014

I don't care about comparing or contrasting this series with literary masterpieces. I care about how enjoyable it is to watch character actors do their thing. And these actors do not disappoint. Their presentations are so well done and so well matched it gives me great pleasure to watch nostalgically the antics of the British upper crust makes a consistent dash toward lunacy in logic as they refuse to face reality during the great Victorian Age which in truth mimics some of the sexual innuendo to be found here. I hope the series gets the chance to find its feet. This show is an intellectual delight, especially if one enjoys the poetics of words, the sounds they make, and the sub-textual meanings behind them in a given context. The writers must have enjoyed themselves immensely while struggling to put the strings of expressions together to help develop the characters and their relationships to one another. "Lmao", in a dignified manner, of course.

"Faith" (2012)
The search for the truth is not for the faint hearted. Vincent D'Onofrio, 11 December 2013

I have come to appreciate the emotions good Korean actors can emit in a scene. This series is so very well done, I'm hoping it continues. I found it on Netflix {I'm not trying to sell Netflix), and was thinking it probably is an adolescent series. It isn't that simple. The subtitles are obviously done by an inexperienced translator, which sometimes is irritating, but also can be very interesting for a native English-speaker. The language the translator uses is very contemporary, using terms like "punk" etc., but I imagined from the get-go that there was a meeting of the staff to decide if using contemporary language would add or detract from the series. I believe they made the right decision in one sense because viewers (and most likely they are as adolescent viewers as me, it's true} can get caught up in the exchanges between actors, Min-ho Lee {Choi Young, the general, and Hee-seon Kim {Yoo Eun-Soo, the good doctor} as the love tension between them evolves, and there are some hilarious moments with these two as they struggle to hide their growing love from both themselves and one another. But I'm so curious about the archaic language that I might be missing because that language has always reflected the complex and brutal formality of the ancient cultures of the Asian societies. It's so very Shakespearean in his characters' consistent struggle to find one another in a feudal age where honor is everything to a male. But even with their use of contemporary Korean, I realize at this very instant, the power lies in a mixture of archaic expression with the contemporary "kids", "punks", etc., showing the exquisite complexity that one simple word can carry in the politics of the mind in a chess game or Go. As the first reviewer has said, it is very obvious the director tightens the series very sublimely as it progresses, moving nicely to much deeper themes than simply a love story or drama. I've been privileged to have seen some of the top actors of the series in other major films, and the impetus created by the story-lines and stylistic methodology compels the viewer to keep watching for the next episodes.

I'm amazed by the Korean theatre. It is very well established, and this series makes that obvious. The result makes for scholarly study of such a phenomenon as well as an enjoyable and even emotional/spiritual experience even if it is adolescent at its core. Perhaps I'm simply a 65 year old baby looking at my past remembering in my own melancholy some of the finer things in my life. As a former film maker though, I cannot help but want this show to continue to evolve. So does it matter that perhaps it is a little adolescent while covering a sublime set of universal themes? there's so much more I would like to say here, but I guess I will have to write an essay about it. No room here.