sburjak

Railways (2010)
My view, 4 December 2012

This is a film about people and their childhood dreams and making a decision on living them out later in life. What's more important, it is a true story.

It's not a cinematic masterpiece. It gets down to traumas and triumphs of people's lives. It does delve into some detail into Japanese lives, drive and emotions. I find it a compelling story.

It does have elements of pathos. It does have an obvious appeal to people who enjoy trains and railways.

I had seen this as a Japan film festival, but buying an English subtitled version so far eludes me. This is a deal breaker for Western Audiences.

Strangely Interesting, 27 March 2011

An odd, but interesting show. Suspense, reality, wry humor, pathos, people with colorful pasts, most importantly flying and airplanes.

Also what a range of airplanes and locales.

Has it all. A show that doesn't need anything added to quicken the pulse rate.

It's real. It has a number of personalities who have differing MOs for dealing with difficult situations.

What an interesting career path.

Nick Popovich has quite a knack for assembling teams of people who are specialists in their fields.

Go Nick, keep collecting from the deadbeats and dreamers.