InTraffic3118

Anime Space Epic, 7 April 2011

What an amazing series. Really, I mean there are things to dislike about it for sure, for instance the score can get a bit repetitive and the battle sequences can last entire episodes (not necessarily a bad thing). After all, the battle sequences are very elaborate and the animation is stellar.

There are elements of different series you may have seen, and liked or not, that you might compare with Heroic Age. Series such as Star Wars, Battlestar Galactica, and all the complexity of a solid anime drama.

Seriously, don't miss out on this series. You won't regret giving your time to watch it. The English Dub is just about the best I've ever heard for anime that isn't a feature film. Usually, when I watch anime I prefer to watch with English subtitles and the original voice cast, but the subtitle text was difficult to make out, with a bright background. The English voice cast is superb on this one. Watch it on Blu-Ray, it will blow your mind.

Don't listen to me, watch and determine for yourself that Heroic Age is anime of a high order. Always venture outside the Star-way.

Refreshing new drama, 3 March 2011

I started watching this show in a hotel room on a business trip to Dallas. I was instantly hooked. This show is about a man, a good man, and a great boxer, trying to keep his family together at all costs. The acting is first rate and the casting was spot on.

This show is also about boxing, as art. Boxing itself is a character in this show and the folks at FX do a great job of really making boxing quite compelling.

I must say that at the ripe old age of 28, Lights Out has me interested in boxing, really interested for the first time. Yes, it's brutal, but the show owns up to that and is unflinching in its portrait of this savage and beautiful sport.

I'm interested to see where the plot goes and how long FX can milk the whole 'comeback' aspect of the storyline. It has the potential to evolve into more than that. FX is making great shows and Lights Out is a testament to their creativity. You won't be disappointed with this one. It's a hit.