Criticman12

Page 1 of 12:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [Next]

Not a masterpiece, but it's still a great anime film, 4 March 2012

The story for, "Vampire Hunter D", is about a Vampire hunter named D who travel's to a town where a young girl is bitten by the evil Vampire, Count Magnus Lee. D soon has to protect the young girl from the Count's evil minion's.

The Pro's: The animation in this film was really great because it capture's the scary look of the film. The character design's for the monster's looked cool, The Count kind of remind's me of Dracula and D is a Vampire Hunter that look's like he is going to kill someone when you see his face.

The character's in this anime film were pretty interesting. You have D who hunt's Vampire's and like I said before, A Vampire Hunter that look's like he is going to kill someone when you see his face". The Count was also interesting and at time's he kind of scare's me because of his creepy voice.

The Con's: The film can get really boring at time's. Sometime's I was waiting for another fight scene.

I thought the female protagonist was annoying and I thought she did not do anything but act like an annoying damsel in distress.

Verdict: Overall, "Vampire Hunter D", is still a great anime film but in my opinion, it's not a masterpiece.

Grade: B+

A Sad, Beautiful, and Violent Anime, 22 January 2012

"Elfen Lied", is about a young girl named, Lucy, who escapes a government facility and leaving a bloody mess behind her by using her telekinetic powers (Seriously, she does). But after getting shot in the head by the bullet, she survives but can't remember who she is. She stay's with two teenagers but soon learns that she is not safe.

Animation - The animation was nicely done and beautiful to look at it. Especially the laboratory because it give's it a spooky feel to it.

Character's - I loved every character in this anime because each of them has a dark and sad back story.

Music - The music in this anime will leave you chills down your spine and shows that the anime is pretty scary. It has a spooky and orchestral feel to it and you have the song that appears during the credits which is catchy.

Voice Acting - The voice acting in this anime was really great. Especially the voice for Nyuu A.K.A. Lucy in the English Dub, she not only makes Nyuu look innocent but also a creepy person you do not want to mess around with.

Overall, "Elfen Lied", is a sad, beautiful, and violent anime show worth watching.

Steven Spielberg's first animated film is filled with great fun, 16 January 2012

What do you get when you have Steven Spielberg and Peter Jackson make an animated film based on a comic-book? You get, "The Adventures Of Tintin: Secret Of The Unicorn". An animated film filled with great fun.

The movie is about a young reporter named, Tintin (Played by Jamie Bell), and his dog, Snowy, teaming up with Captain Haddock (Played by Andy Serkis) to find the ancestor of Capt. Haddock's treasure.

Animation - The animation was really impressive because at time's it look's real and better than Robert Zemeckesis' Motion-Capture animated film's. Especially during the action sequences because it blew me away at time's. It also does a great job bringing the cities to life.

Acting and Character's - I thought the acting was great. You have Andy Serkis doing a funny and great job as the drunken sea captain, Capt. Haddock, and Simon Pegg and Nick Frost as the detectives, Inspector Thompson and Thomson. You even have Daniel Craig as the villain, Sakharine, and he really does a great job as the villain because he is so bent on finding the treasure and he even has a scary looking eagle. I would talk more about the villain but that would be a big spoiler. Snowy is also cute and will entertain the kid's.

Story - I thought the story was good because it had a nice old-school treasure hunting story and it kind of reminded me of the, "Indiana Jones", movies.

Music - I really loved the music in this movie. It was done by John Williams who also did the music for Indiana Jones, Jaws and Star Wars. It's also catchy at time's and nicely done for the action sequences in the movie.

Overall, "The Adventures Of Tintin", is a great family for the whole family to enjoy and this show's how Steven Spielberg can do with animated film's. I'm also looking forward to the sequel's coming out in the future.

Apollo 18 (2011)
Not as bad as what everybody is saying, 31 December 2011

The film is simple: Two astronauts land on the moon and realize they are not alone.

Pro's: I did like the way the movie was being filmed because at time's it can give you chills.

The setting for the film was original because most of the time, "found footage", movies are sometimes taken place in cities.

The film also has some pretty good scares.

Con's: The acting was dull.

The film get's really boring and at time's I was hoping a scary scene would pop out.

Overall, if you're a fan of, "found footage", movies you will enjoy it but if you are just a person looking for a good horror movie to watch then skip it.

Fun and action-packed sequel, 28 December 2011

The film is about Sherlock Holmes, Dr. Watson, and a gypsy trying to capture Professor Moriarty.

Pro's: The film has some really great action sequences.

The acting is still great you have the original cast (except for Mark Strong) returning and you have Noomi Rapace as Madam Simza Heron and Jared Harris as the villain and they both did a great job as their characters.

Con's:

The film dose not have that many thrills from the first film and the film feel's pretty rushed especially at the beginning of the movie.

"Sherlock Holmes: A Game Of Shadows", is still a fun movie to watch and it still has some nice thrills.

Hollywood these days..., 21 December 2011

When it comes to Hollywood adapting animated show's/Anime, people always ask, "Why?".

One of Hollywood's worst adaptations of a cartoon show is none other than the CGI-Animated/Live-action movie, "Alvin and the Chipmunks".

The story is about a guy named, Dave(played by Jason Lee), get's help from three chipmunks named, Alvin, Simon, and Theodore, because he's having trouble trying to make a good song.

Good: I thought the acting was pretty good to be honest. Jason Lee does a decent job as Dave and the actor's who did the voices for Alvin, Simon, and Theodore, were pretty good.

The CGI Animation was also good. I also liked how they had some of the song's because I was a fan of the Chipmunks when I was little.

Bad: Everything else was boring. Even though I had a few chuckles here and there, I was bored. Also, why have David Cross as the bad guy? Why?

This film is strictly for kids and not for any fan of, "Alvin and the Chipmunks".

"Hellsing" (2001)
Interesting idea, but it's a disappointing and mediocre series, 9 December 2011

"Hellsing", is about a secret military force located in London known as, The Hellsing Organization. One of the members is a vampire named, Alucard. When Alucard turns police girl, Seras Victoria, into a Vampire they both team up to stop evil Vampires and Zombies.

After reading what the show is about you guy's are thinking: "Wow. Sounds cool". It's cool, but it's pretty disappointing and not that great.

Pro's: *The show does have some nice animation. I liked how they used the colors because it gives the show a dark and grim setting.

*The voice acting was nicely done. Especially having Crispin Freeman (Best known for voicing Itachi from Naruto and Tsume from Wolf's Rain) and I also thought the rest of the cast did a good job doing the accents for the characters.

*The music was catchy and great. It does a nice job fitting the tone of the show.

Con's: *The plot was not that interesting because there are some plot holes that were never answered. For example: The FREAK Chips were not explained a lot or why did the Valentine Brothers attack Hellsing HQ?

*The Character Development was pretty bad because there was not that much development for Seras Victoria, Alexander Anderson, or Walter C. Dornez.

Overall: Hellsing is not a horrible show but it's not a great show. It has a cool premise but bad character development and some plot holes make this show disappointing.

Note: There is a new Hellsing OVA series titled: Hellsing Ultimate. It's a 10-episode OVA series based directly off the manga.

An interesting and impressive animated show about Batman, 6 November 2011

During the 90's, Warner Bros. and DC Entertainment made some classic animated show's such as, "Batman: The Animated Series" and "Superman: The Animated Series". But in 1999, they released, "Batman Beyond".

Set in a futuristic Gotham City, the show is about a a 16-year old trouble maker named, Terry McGinnis. When his father get's killed, he get's help from Bruce Wayne, who use to be Batman, to get revenge. After when Terry get's his revenge, Bruce want's Terry to protect Gotham City from evil criminal's including familiar face's like Mr. Freeze.

I use to watch this show on Cartoon Network when I was little and it did impress me.

Pro's: The character's were interesting. Terry is a rebellious teenager who end's up being a good person in the end. Bruce is old and still has that tough attitude of his. Also, the villain's were pretty interesting including the teenager who has telekinetic power's (Forgot what his name is). The animation was amazing because it has a nice, "Blade Runner", feel to it and it stay's true to how dark the setting is.

Overall, "Batman Beyond", is a great animated show for any Batman fan or anyone looking for a good animated show to watch.

A shining green disappointment, 16 October 2011

After when, "The Dark Knight", was released in 2008, Hollywood has been adapting a lot of comic-book's even if there unknown comic-book's. Warner Bros. Decided to adapt the DC comic-book character, Green Lantern.

The story is about a test pilot named, Hal Jordan, who find's a dying alien and Hal is given a green ring. Once he put's the green ring on, he is given the power to imagine anything and it can come to life. He also end's up being a, Green Lantern.

Pro's: The special effects were really amazing and the action scene's were nicely done.

Ryan Reynolds and Mark Strong do good job's as there character's, Hal Jordan and Sinestro.

Con's: The character development was really weak because most of the character's have no important role and people who played them were pretty bad. For example, we only see Sinestro in about 3 to 5 scene's in the movie. Really, Warner Bros? Really?

The character's were also weak. For example, Hector Hammond is just a whiny character who does nothing but scream most of the time. Not to mention Hal Jordan's love interest, Carol Ferris, she was really boring.

The movie was also slow and really boring.

Overall, "Green Lantern", is really disappointing and it's not up there with the other comic-book movies of 2011.

It's Sherlock Holmes. With Animal's, 10 September 2011

During the 80's, Disney was having a lot of trouble trying to make a good Disney film.

Before, "The Little Mermaid", was released, Disney released an animated movie called, "The Great Mouse Detective". It became a critical and financial success.

The movie is about a Toy Inventor who get's kidnapped, and the daughter of the Toy Inventor assist's help from Basil and his sidekick, David.

Pro's: The film has some great animation and the story is original because it's just like, Sherlock Holmes, except with Mice. Also, the voice acting was great and it even has veteran actor, Vincent Price, as the villain, Dr. Ratigan.

Overall, "The Great Mouse Detective", is a fun, animated movie and one of Disney's underrated movie's.

Page 1 of 12:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [Next]