PeterRoeder

Page 1 of 23:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [Next]

Aftermath (2017/IV)
Weird ending, 23 August 2017

Very good movie and performance by Arnold but I do not get the ending. Can somebody help me out here? This is based on a true story. The notion that the son of this pathetic guy who was killed would actually be angry at the Ukranian man who did it just seems silly. As far as I know that did not happen anyway for real. I do not know if the son has ever given any interviews. It just seems to me that no one should grieve about this horrible flight guy who was eliminated and justly so. Surely anyone including his own family must see it was justice being done and that he was better off dealing with his karma. Excellent movie and performance by Arnold but the ending really goes into a twilight zone that reminds me of the Wicker Man remake where they perhaps intentionally tries to ridicule the whole story (as is normal with predictive programming). Surely it is more likely a Russian big spider would crawl on the wall of a building than the son of that guy wanting revenge against a person that everyone in the whole world thinks (including the justice system - he did not spent very long in jail and he was made a hero when he returned) had a clear right and reason to do what he did. To be quite honest that ending is very insulting towards the whole story and legacy of the people involved.

Salinger (2013)
Very phony documentary, 5 April 2017

This documentary is absolute garbage. Salinger wrote against a fake world but this documentary focus on all the fake garbage that he hated. I'm not saying Salinger was the greatest philosopher of all time but he deserves some respect for the ideas that he raises in Catcher. This documentary seems to focus more on a phony world and has little respect for Holdens attempt at combating a fake world. There is really nothing good to say about this garbage other than it shows the meaning of phony ie not seeking truth. Almost reminds me of a horrible Carlsen documentary I saw. It is obvious people who make garbage like that has no real search for truth, reality, existence or deep questions in life. Absolute garbage of a movie and an attack on the intellect of Salinger.

Absolute bullshit, 18 March 2017

Wanted to warn people against this piece of rubbish. There is some good information about gaming but there is just so much crap in this movie. If you want to make a documentary about gaming then do THAT. Don't talk crap. A lot of it is just these so-called experts talking trash that has nothing to do with gaming. What about the history of gaming? Show some more games instead of talking trash. I paid 4 dollars for this on google play and it is really not worth the money. Avoid at all costs. You can find better information online in free videos than in this trash movie. Someone actually paying for this would be interested in gaming not in irrelevant conversation.

Amusement (2008)
What did I just watch?, 2 January 2017

I rented this for 3 dollars on Google Play. Why? Im a big horror fan but this is just idiotic. I would agree with those reviews here that says the script makes no sense. Fx why would the guy with the glasses be some kind of psycho? What is the connection of the two psychos from the first segment to the laughing man? The plot is a boy tortured a rat when a child and he wants revenge on three of his female classmates for making fun of him. So who are those two psychos from the first segment and what are their connection to the laughing man? Besides that everything is just jumping out of air to connect and suddenly she goes from a building to a truck and stabs the laughing man and then gets out of her trap. I agree with those that say the clown is pretty cool. This segment was a bit like A Stranger Calls. Pretty good actually. Anyway I am all for suspension of disbelief but this movie just does not make much sense.

A complete waste of time, 7 March 2016

I would agree with the haters on this movie. I love Rustin Cohle and Matt Damon but this movie is a waste of time. God, I hate it so much. It is stupid and shallow. Rustin Cohle and Jason Bourne in the same movie yet they are given stupid lines to say. What an absolute bad movie. Movies like this are really a horrible warning of the horrible and terrible times we live in where insane nonsense rubbish like that is considered quality. What is wrong with Christopher Nolan? Memento is a great movie. The first Batman pretty cool (best Batman movie) although a bit shallow perhaps (vague existentialism like "my actions define me"). Other Batman movies not very good. Inception interesting but ultimately failing and Interstellar interesting but ultimately failing. What kind of audience seriously want to see shitty like that? Compare with my generation who grew up with intelligent and suave sci-fi like 2001 and Blade Runner. And the anti-natalist Rustin Cohle is virtually ridiculed by now playing a stupid natalist. Interstellar is quite simply rubbish. It is trash. It reeks of stupidity and failure.

Very good movie, 19 September 2015

1. Young Bobby. Pretty good description of chess. He likes chess as a shield towards a dangerous world. Unlikely that he would play 1.d4,c4 etc. It is Fischer!!! Moreover, he puts the king down. Something he would never have done. Why put the king down? 2. Teen Bobby. Pretty cool too. Some weird stuff. He moves h4 and h5 on a chessboard looking into an Informator. Why? 3. Adult Bobby. Excellent acting by Tobey Maguire. Spasskij and Lombardy are awesome as well. 4. Why is Larsen cut out both of the documentary and this movie? No mention of the 6- 0 defeat of Larsen. WHY??? 5. When Fischer takes on h2 it is not actually a big mistake. Computer says small white advantage and his NEXT move h5 is a mistake according to stockfish. There are options of going to the queen side with the king. Fischer was winning stuff like that all the time but Spasskij played it well. Taking on h2 is risky though. It is portrayed like a big Patzer mistake and falsely that he resigned after g3. 6. Nh5 in the benoni game is sort of normal 7. The sixth game of the match is a beautiful game but not that great. Weak play by Spasskij. 8. Fischer never said anything wrong before AFTER he became world champion. They are mixing that up 9. The incident with the hooker is funny but wouldn't Bobby have been scared of stds? 10. He says check when giving a check. Wtf is up with that? 11. Did he actually have a close relationship with his sister Joan? 12. Did he actually have any contact with his mother even in the mid-60s? 13. The role of Donald Byrne is a bit weak but perhaps mainly because the 3 other guys are so awesome. 14. Relation with Lombardy wildly exaggerated 15. Other than that most of the chess was very accurate. The positions on the board are correct and so on. 16. They use old notation which was changed in 1981 so it is not that easy to follow their blindfold games (although it was translated into the new notation). 17. Anyway, awesome movie. 18. The incident with the chair. Spasskij wouldn't have done that in front of the board and everything although that did in fact happen (the thing with the two dead flies). 19. The conversation with the hooker about opening preparation seems a bit more like a candidate master than a strong grandmaster.

Saboteur (1942)
Not bad, 7 December 2014

I have bought a Hitchcock DVD collection at my local video store. This was the first movie in the collection. I must say it is quite good. However, there seems to be a bit too much dialogue as opposed to later when he really learned to tell a story with more precise dialogue. Anyway, it is far ahead of its time for sure. Very interesting movie. It looks normal, however, it has that Hitchcock touch where he creates incredible situations that only he could create. The movie reminded me a bit of "The Fugitive" and has a similar plot in a way. I look forward to watching the other movies in the collection. My favorite Hitchcock movies are Rear Window, Vertigo and Psycho.

Waste of 15 dollars, 3 August 2014

I just saw this crap movie in the cinema tonight. What a joke! I love weird fiction and this one really lets the audience down. There are a few good scenes and dialog, maybe 5 minutes and the rest is just utter crap. Has nothing to do with imaginative fiction just an Exorcist rip-off and utterly stupid references to religion. The use of Doors is interesting although very futile, superficial, shallow and ultimately insulting since it implies that the sublime art of The Doors is somehow Satanic. I didn't care about any of the characters. Unlike Se7en and Silence of the Lambs there are no good villain for example. The police officer who plays the lead role is a shallow boring person with almost no charisma. The reference to a demon in Iraq is also a clear Exorcist rip-off and the whole thing is just so shallow and boring that I couldn't believe the director had even watching this before putting it out. Save your money and avoid this one!!!

300 (2006)
After re-watching this I wanted to write a review, 21 August 2012

I saw this again and it occurred to me what a disaster the whole subplot with the Queen and all that is. That story is not in Miller's original comic book and it really is quite horrible in the movie. It is quite a shame because if that had not been there it would have been an excellent movie. It is a bit like with Watchmen: Some of it is OK, and some of it is a total disaster. I would like to see a cut of 300 where there was only the good things. It is really quite a shame that a pointless subplot that has nothing to do with the battle has been cut into the movie. Anyway, that is what I wanted to say. I think it is a good movie but I would not want to watch it again because it is only like 50% of the scenes that are good.

The Grand (2007)
Pretty funny, 22 May 2012

Although this movie is no "Rounders" it does give a pretty good view of poker. The characters are interesting and the poker is pretty precise. There might have been some more about poker and less silly jokes. A few scenes could have been cut out of the movie. Really, I found the poker very interesting but didn't find the characters that impressive. Anyway, it's nice to see a movie that one can learn something about poker with. I really don't have too much to say about this movie other than that the poker was pretty good in this movie. The movie is from 2006. A lot has happened since then and it sums up poker until 2006 pretty good. I didn't find it funny or anything and I watched it because of the poker, and it really is worth watching if you want to learn about poker. Pretty good movie actually.

Page 1 of 23:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [Next]