angelgodsheir

Success, 23 October 2012

This movie is one of those you watch just to pass some time but end up having one of the rides of your life, may be the last ride of your life. I picked up this movie saying this will be another of the Tarantino instant classics and even if is not this movie has all the aspects that make a true Tarantino. The acting in this movie is not great but is not intended to be. The dialog even if is so fill with clichés is great and you can feel for the characters cause they seem just like every day people. The script is pretty simple but again is not supposed to blow your mind. Is supposed to be just a popcorn movie and it succeed so well in that that you can say is more than that.

Potentially good, 3 October 2012

This is a movie about zombies so don't't expect to watch heart breaking performance or life changing sorties. That being said this movie is based on the video games saga of the same name and many fans including myself expect to see that and being this the fourth installment we already know that's not what is going to happen. In the games AL was about terror, fear of what may be around the corner and be ruining out of bullets, in the movies (exept the first may be) this is completely lacking, they shoot like they own a bullets factory and is completely more action oriented than fear driving. Elements of the game are thrown in without even bothering to explain why or how. What makes this movie a disaster is also what makes it great, I mean is pure action from beginning to end and despite the fact that the character of Alice never existed in the games she is just adorable played by Milla Jovovich. I think there are a lot of potential in this saga if would change of director's hands but still makes it for a nice way to spent an hour and a half eating popcorn.

Red Lights (2012)
Unexpectedly good, 3 October 2012

This movie is one of those you sit and watch just to spent your time but end up being one you enjoy more than you could have expected. The story of two paranormal activities researchers who meet more than they can handle. The cast was excellent in this movie, De Niro as always is flawless in this interpretation of blind magician. Cillian Murphy proves in this movie that he can best himself time after time and Elizabeth Olsen is just a delight to watch and I really see her going places. The director managed to build the tension just right but the final twist although it was good could have been more worked. This is a movie that certainly not only entertain you but also keep you an the edge of your seat till the very end.

A classic, 25 September 2012

This is one of the greatest movies of this century for a number of reasons, for starting the plot was superb, how pain can lead to vengeance without losing the mind and intelligence and how fear can lead societies to change their freedoms for security witch are topics in every day life day in some countries, are perfectly depicted and the director know what he is talking about and how to talk about it. The acting too was something marvelous, Weaving who never shows his face still managed to transmit real feeling trough his voice and movements. The performance given by Portman I think should have earned her an Oscar nomination and the rest of the cast were good as well. This movie I will see a hundred times more and never get tired of it.

Superb, 24 September 2012

This is definitely one of the best movies I've seen this year so far. This movie is about two special kids that fall in love and decide to run away. When the movie starts we are introduced by the narrator to the place where all this happens and get to know some of the characters. Story wise the writer / director really managed to get everything told from the point of view of a teen, showing us only what they can understand and transmitting us the emotions they can feel. The performance of the two leads are superb and it is even more so because they never acted before! The supporting cast is composed of a number of great starts that have already probed their talent and this is no exception. The music really managed to transport us to a magic place and the visuals make us never want to leave. Besides all that witch was excellent what really shocked me was the camera work, I haven't seen something like it since the days of Kubrik. This is definitely Anderson's best and I hope it will land him some Oscar nominations and who knows even the statue.

Prometheus (2012/I)
A must watch., 23 September 2012

Promethus is one of the most beautifully shot movies I've ever seen. The first minutes at the theater Iwas just in awe at the visuals and then we are introduced to the plot witch really manage to get our attention. The way Scott is able to build up the tension is truly the work of a master of his art. The too is great, Rapace is a great leading actress and Fassbender deserves an Oscar for his interpretation of a robot. The music is great too and the only reason I don't give this a 10 is because there are some plot wholes in the script. I mean there are some seriously wrong things in the story line and in the way the characters react and interact but apart from that this is definitely a must watch.

Perfect!, 18 September 2012

Batman Beggins is one of the best movies of all time by one of the best directors of all time. I don't wanna sound like fan boy here but after watching this movie for the thousand time I still don't find anything wrong with it. The script is just excellent, all the story points are masterfully driven; Cristhian Bale outdone himself, you really can see him suffering and struggling to overcome his fears. Caine lift the emotional side of the story as well as Oldman gives all his talent to make this a really Detective comic (DC). Neeson is really terrifying cause you can see that he will have no hesitations to blow your brains. The camera-work is outstanding and the music of Hans Zimmer is truly worthy of recognition. Finnally I applaud Nolan for making what could have been another cheesy comic book movie a truly master piece that would be admired for ages to come.

I didn't see that coming!, 17 September 2012

This is one of those movies you think you know everything, some times is too predictable and is filled with clichés, but the ending (witch I'm not gonna tell) is completely out of this world. I didn't see it coming and non of the people I was watching it with did. Apart from that this is your typically police story, 2 partners must resolve a case not without chase scenes, shootings and a little thriller. Paccino and DeNiro are one of the greatest actors ever and in this movie we can finally see them together and let me tell you it was great! apart from that the cast was OK. Is a forgettable movie but definitely good to spent a couple of hours watching 2 of the greatest on a walk on the park.

A master piece, 17 September 2012

Once in a while comes along a movie that you can describe in one word: perfect. This movie revolves around a diamond smuggler, a father that has lost his family and a journalist all caught in the middle of a civil war zone. Dicaprio gives once of his best performance in this movie, you can really feel how he despise his tough attitude is a good man inside and Jennifer show us how we can ignore the bad things and how even if we care about them there's really nothing we can do. This movie has a lot of violence but they achieve that without making this a gore films, you can see the desperation in the peoples eyes and the bad guys are really scary, with its more than two hours your fell you don't want it to end. A masterpiece.

Ronin (1998)
Good thriller, 14 September 2012

Ronin is the story of a simple job that got complicated. One the movie starts we are introduced to the character played by De Niro, he is offered a job and it looks like he is the men for it. He know what to do and how to do it at all times. The rest of the cast is great too, what they accomplished here is excellent. There are some pretty good fight and chase scenes that add to the action of the movie but this is more a conspiring thriller, we are continually thinking who is gonna betray who and why and that is what makes this movie worthy of notice. The things I did not like was that the music was awful and it was too long. This is a good movie but not too good, so if you are looking for an action movie but also one something that makes you think why is all happening this is a good choice.