Reviews written by
rusted_halo_x

Grease 2 (1982)
Plain horrible., 28 June 2003

This is a great example of classics being shamed by horrible sequels!

Stephanie (Michelle Pfeiffer) is an a "girl's gang" of the 60's, and a non-gang member who is in love with her (Maxwell Caulfield) tries to prove that he loves her and the rule of the girl's gang only dating "Greasers" shouldn't come between love.

I really, really believe that the first Grease, with John Travolta and Olivia Newton-John was much better. The elements in Grease 2 are.. well, there's pretty much NO elements whatsoever.

The characters do not have chemistry, the acting is lousy, and the plot is plain boring.

The classics should stay classics..

Boring and annoying., 28 June 2003

Well. I had no intention to see this in theaters, but I had to watch it on video while babysitting.

The movie follows Ash, a pokemon trainer and his friends, trying to stop Mewtwo, who has turned out to be a dangerous and deadly scientific experiment.

I don't know about this movie. It could have been good, if I was about six or seven years younger and into the Anime genres, but I really thought it was stupid and boring. One does have to remember, though, that this was made during the Pokemon rush, when everything was Pokemon-oriented, so maybe this is why the quality is so horrible.

Overall rating - D-

Kazaam (1996)
Horrible.., 28 June 2003

Once again - musicians and sports stars should stay in their own field. "Shaq" cannot act. At all. His horrible portrayal of a genie in this poorly-written film is pathetic. My grandmother could act better than him, and she's half deaf and 80 years old.

Where has the quality of movies gone?

The Crow (1994)
Fantastic movie., 25 June 2003

I love this movie. I first saw it a few months ago, and was quickly absorbed in everything Crow-related.

Brandon Lee was fantastic. It's tragic that his life ended so quickly (he passed away after being shot accidentally by a prop gun on the set), but the outcome was a brilliant movie.

For the time, the whole "gothic" theme wasn't as.. accepted as it is today. Today, it's a cult classic, and the comic books which the movie derived from are just as classic.

Classic, 25 June 2003

This is a modern t.v. classic in all perspectives! This show was hilarious all 8 years it was on the air. The characters were enjoyable and the episodes dealed with growing up, wisdom, and family love.

The Cosby Show was well-fronted by Bill Cosby, and, indeed, is a classic.

Not perfect - but still wonderful., 25 June 2003

I saw this the day it came out. I was a bit dissappointed with the differences from the book to movie - (ie, Winnie's age, and other minor details..), but it was truly a great movie.

The content was worked well with, and the cast did a great job. Sure, this movie was aimed towards kids, but I think everyone could enjoy it. The joy of first love is a feeling that was captured well, by the author of the novel and the cast of the movie.

This movie deserves MUCH more credit than it gets.

"Scrubs" (2001)
Great show., 25 June 2003

At first, I thought this show looked stupid. Then, after "Friends", I was going to turn off the t.v. and this show was starting. I sat down and watched it, and it's been a favorite of mine ever since.

There's something about it that makes it funny no matter what. NBC has scored yet another hit with Scrubs, and I hope it continues to bring laughter to homes across the nation.

Hysterically funny!, 25 June 2003

Bruce Almighty was a HYSTERICAL movie. I know some critics have been bashing Carrey, saying this movie was going to add to his list of flops, but I think it's one of the best he's done in years.

It kept me laughing throughout the whole film, as well as the whole audience. Sure, some if it was crass, but it was a very enjoyable movie, and the cast was great.

Why on earth was this movie created?, 25 June 2003

I had to see this because my mom is a huge fan of American Idol. Let me tell you, this was the WORST movie I have ever seen in my LIFE. I'm not sure if Kelly Clarkson and Justin Guarini actually believe they can act.. but if they do, they really need some medical help.

The acting was horrible by all cast members. They must have thrown this movie -- if you can call it that -- together in a few minutes. The dialogue was unoriginal, and the cast were like robots being fed lines or something.

A word of advice to everyone: skip this movie.

Great film of '01., 22 June 2003

This one of the best films of 2001, and undoubtedly the best of the holiday movie season.

The visuals were stunning, and the cast is wonderful. I found LOTR: FOTR, was very true to the book. There were hardly any things pulled from air to make the movie longer. Though some battle sequences got pretty annoying and tedious, the other parts of this film were great.

Kudos to Peter Jackson and the entire cast.