Change Your Image
Upload An Image
Crop And Save
Please, stop. This film was hilarious!
OK, first of all people should stop expecting this to be a religious movie or even with any kind of connection. Second, don't hype it because of the director, because this movie is crap. I love all his other movies but this one... Before I explain why its so bad, let me just tell you that this movie tries to make you care but everything just makes you laugh. For me that is the definition of a bad movie.
Lets start with the good things first:
- Visuals They are amazing. Both graphically and artistically you have really good shots. Some of them are completely weird but weird is fun! Without spoilers there is an amazing "stop-motion" sequence that even if you don't want to waste money or time watching this movie, you should see it. Go to youtube!
- The ambient OK, some people may disagree but I believe they were able to deliver the ambient they wanted. Some may like it, some may hate it. I liked it.
Now... Bad things!
- The writing Ouch, ouch, ouch. It was so bad! In almost 2 hours of movie there was like 3 dialogs that were actually okay! Poorly written, very poorly written. But the plus was that it made me laugh a lot! (I was alone in the theater with my sister so I didn't disturb anyone). I can't give examples without spoiling, sorry.
- The acting The actors are all great but I believe this was a director choice... He decided that all actors should over dramatize all their expressions, all of them! You are happy? Over do it! Sad? Over do it! Pain? Over do it!
- The characters This movie was completely plot driven and then in the final part they try to make us actually care about the characters. You can't do that, its one of the basic rules of cinema. They were all poorly developed and the bad writing didn't help any of them.
- The realistic side of things Okay, this movie is not suppose to be realistic but at least get the proportions right! The arc had 2 floors outside and inside it had 10 floors. The elephants were almost as tall as 1/3 of the arc. It doesn't make sense (along side many other things that I can't spoil...)
In the final, I would not recommend anyone to pay to watch this, unless you want to have a good laugh. If you are not paying, give it a go, you may love it for some reason.
A nice film, definitely not a GREAT film
Siblings try to find a way out of the circumstances imposed on them by their parents. Their lives are turned upside down when their parents divorce and custody arrangements split them up. Twelve-year-old Koichi ends up with his mother Nozomi, and they move in with her parents in a small village where she gets a job at a supermarket. Koichi's younger brother Ryunosuke, meanwhile, moves in with his dad Kenji, a struggling musician who can't hold on to a day job. The brothers miss each other and want to bring their parents back together, and when they hear of an urban legend that if two people make the same wish at the same time while watching two bullet trains pass one another, the wish will immediately come true, they decide this is the way to reunite the family.
It has its funny moments and it reminds you of your childhood (if you are more that 25 years old haha). The concept idea is a good one and the performance its quite good too. I was expecting way more to say the true, but everyone has its own tastes. Worth watching? 1 time, yes.
The Lord of the Rings (1978)
Movie super underrated.
This is truly one great masterpiece. Its a shame its so underrated.
And its a shame too it doesn't have a sequel :\
It will fell strange for those who watched the movies of Peter Jackson, as the characters are way different and even the places seem to be completely other things.
And you will laugh like hell when you see saruman.
The art is great and it surely deserved recognition.
And now i'm going watch it again :D
O yea, 10/10 for the movie, it deserves it. It may not be the LOTR of peter Jackson, but it is surely great.
The Prince of Egypt (1998)
One of the greatest animation films ever
"I'm an atheist myself, but as a fan of animation and the art of storytelling, this movie has to be one of the most brilliantly animated, moving and disgustingly underrated animated movies of all time.
There was an obvious level of love and commitment poured into this film that we seldom see in movies in general, let alone animation.
A masterpiece, that sadly will be wrongfully shunned for it's religious influence. It's a pity and so very discriminate."
This is from a youtube comment, and i could't agree more. This movie is a masterpiece, and it deserves a 10/10