langsts21

Great movie, 7 April 2013

I may not have many fans of this opinion, but I find this better than the original Wizard of Oz. I know that it is a classic, but it is a massive bore fest to me. The Wizard of Oz drags on, but the classic well remembered parts of the movie bugs me. I remember watching it for the first time as a kid and hating that everything was a dream and that water defeated the wicked witch.

The great 3D, the likable characters, no water defeating the witch, and not being a dream are big pluses for this movie. Best of all, the witch was not defeated by being killed. Even if the original was by water.

I would recommend seeing this movie in 3D.

Good fun, 28 February 2011

This is not like a blockbuster movie and it is not meant to be. I wonder how many that rate and review these type of movies were thinking the movies would be like. I love low budget creatures. Even though there are horrible special effects, this movie is very good at what it is aiming to be...just a fun mindless movie. Forget about realism for a while and watch a giant shark fight against a giant crocodile. The effects for the creatures are noticeably off. The crocodile and shark change size a lot. That is my only problem with this movie and it is a minor problem. This is fun mindless entertainment with giant animals fighting each other. The Asylum even made a Doritos Super Bowl commercial to promote this movie which can be viewed on Youtube.

A good movie, 28 February 2011

Just Go With It reminds me of The Wedding Singer (which I don't like) and 50 First Dates (which I like). This movie and the other two are romantic comedies with Adam Sandler. Adam Sandler is rarely in romantic comedies, but he usually does well when he is. I normally hate romantic comedies, but I like Adam Sandler so I gave it a try. There were funny moments, but none of them were laugh out loud funny (the people in front of me at the movie theater apparently disagree). The love triangle was actually pretty interesting. Adam Sandler's character is attracted to a 20 something year old and to cover up his previous lies, he pretends that he has a wife (his secretary) and that they are breaking up. He also has trouble deciding who he loves more – his same age secretary or the 20 something year old. Some of the jokes are mean spirited such as the one with the lady that has an eyebrow that is up way higher than the other eyebrow and Adam Sandler's character throwing his secretary's daughter in the mud. I would be lying if I said that I didn't find the eyebrow jokes funny. The joke with the sheep dying was hilarious, but not laugh out loud hilarious. Sure, Adam Sandler's character did a horrible thing by lying and forming a fake family in order to get together with a 20 something year old, but he did right in the end. How did he do right? Find out when you watch this movie.

Pig Hunt (2008)
Good low budget creature feature, 26 February 2011

I love low budget horror flicks because I don't go into them thinking it will be similar to blockbuster quality. This was a pretty good movie. The movie pulls out all of the stops with stereotyped hillbillies, killer giant pig worshiping hippies, and a giant killing pig. This movie will only appeal to people who well...want to see a 3,000 pound giant pig killing people. In a lot of horror flicks like this, I don't see any human characters that deserve death. In this movie there is between a guy that is about to kill someone just because the other guy tries to stop him from taking marijuana and the pig worshipers that treat the giant pig like a god to the point that they sacrifice people to him.

Cujo (1983)
Scariest movie that I've ever seen, 8 January 2011

I think that this is the scariest movie that I've ever seen because there is more at stake. The climax of the movie is a mother and her son in a car with a rabid dog trying to get inside to kill them. I was horrified the most when the son could barely breathe so his mother tried everything that she could to save him (he lived). This isn't some immortal killer like Jason, someone who kills people in their dreams like Freddy, or some ghostly presence that kills people like The Messengers. This is a just about a sweet Saint Bernard that becomes ferocious after getting bit by a bat with rabies. Cujo was the antagonist of the movie, but you can feel bad about his death because he would have been a lovable pooch if he wasn't bitten.

The best movie about alien transvestites ever!, 4 January 2011

The Rocky Horror Picture Show was first released in 1975. The movie is based on a United Kingdom play from 1974. The movie has a cult following and still airs in theaters in certain cities. The movie is known for doing something new and the songs. The songs include "Time Warp", "Sweet Transvestite", and others. This movie has a bunch of transvestite characters which makes people assume that it's not for heterosexuals. That is obviously not true. If it was true, there wouldn't be such a huge cult following and the movie wouldn't still be airing in theaters after 35 years. The plot is about a couple that wants to visit a doctor that they know. Their car breaks down so they walk to the nearest house which just so happens to be the transvestite Dr. Frank-N-Furter's house. They are first introduced to the butler Riff-Raff who guides them into a room in the house. The room is full of people doing a performance of the well known song "Time Warp". After that song, Dr. Frank-N-Furter appears and sings "Sweet Transvestite". The end of the movie parodies science fiction movies. This movie started the beginning of Tim Curry's acting career.

As you can tell by the description, the movie is not meant for kids. This is a movie where you especially have to pay attention to the R rating. Kids may want to see it because it is a cult classic and they may have read great reviews about it, but they shouldn't watch it. This movie is good for older teens and above. Despite the three family friendly songs in the beginning, the rest has sexual undertones.

I wasn't sure if this movie would be good because of the plot, but I was surprised. There is two versions of this movie. The original United Kingdom version and the edited United States version. The only difference between the two is that the United States version removed one of the songs to make the movie end at a lighter note. The DVD release has both versions.

The DVD that I have only says rated R and not what it is rated R for. I think that it is rated R for sexual undertones and violence.

"Yu-Gi-Oh!" (2000/I)
Boring long running anime, 1 January 2011

I gave this anime 2 stars because I use to like it a little bit. Now, I don't like it at all. There is one thing that's worse than a slow movie and that thing is a slow series. Each season is very slow. The reason why I think that it moves so slow is that Yu makes moves very slowly in the card game. I don't get how this holds so many peoples' interests especially little kids. My reasoning is that it takes episode after episode to finish a card game. Yu thinks for the longest time about each possible move. Whenever I watch it, I think make a move already. I don't want to sit through an episode when the main character makes three or less moves an episode and the bulk of each episode is him debating which card to throw down to attack his opponent's monster.

I miss the show, 31 December 2010

Johnny Bravo is one of my favorite shows, but Cartoon Network canceled the show despite how many fans there are. Cartoon Network only airs one episode now and that is the Christmas episode. In the Christmas episode, Johnny tries to deliver his letter and his mom's letter to Santa Claus. That is a good episode, but it sucks that it is the only episode that airs now, just around Christmas. I think that Cartoon Network should make new episodes or at least air the re-runs. The show is the best that Cartoon Network has ever aired. Ah, the old days of Cartoon Network mainly this show is what I miss. Johnny Bravo is funny, original, and has great animation.

Another great One Piece adventure, 31 December 2010

Shiki, the only pirate to escape from the underwater prison Impel Down is the main antagonist of the movie. What does Shiki do when Nami warns him of a dangerous storm that his advanced navigation equipment can't sense? The jerk makes the Straw Hats' ship fly into the sky, kidnaps Nami to keep as a navigator, and drops the Straw Hat Pirates and their ship from the air onto an island inhabited by violent rampaging mutated animals! Big mistake. In order to save Nami, they have to defeat Shiki, his crew, and hundreds of pirates that are also under his command, and save the entire East Blue from being destroyed. Viewers can expect great action and comedy like the television series. The mutated animals are very creative and his two major crew members are creative as well. One of the crew members is a scientist that resembles a clown and an actual gorilla that wears clothes.

"Pokémon" (1997)
Repetitive annoying anime, 31 December 2010

I gave this 3 stars because of the first season. After the first season, I was bored with this show. The show is very repetitive. The basic plot of most episodes in this long running series is Ash and friends travel to a new place, meet a new person or people and their Pokémon, have a battle (the Pokémon are idiots for participating in battles just so they can get hurt and help their owner's dream which hasn't happened even for Ash Ketchum yet), Team Rocket comes and gets defeated, and then they say bye to whoever they met. The main thing that changes are the people that travel with Ash each season. I bet it's very annoying for people who haven't watched Pokémon for a while to turn the channel to it or watch one of the movies and be like who the heck is this?. Pokémon in its 13 year long running history offers nothing new besides main character changes.