mcfcderry

If you are wise you will listen to me, 2 June 2003

Quite simply the greatest film ever. What it may lack in technical expertise (don't forget, it was made in 1971) it makes up for with a wonderful story, superb script and bedazzling performances from all.

Ignore any negative comments on here about this film so far. It is a moral tale showing what happens if you do not pay attention, eat too much, pick up bad habits, are spoilt or watch too much TV (too much tv apparently gives you a pain in the neck and an IQ of 3!). It champions innocence, honesty and childhood dreams. As Wonka says "I couldn't leave it to an adult, they would change things". The factory is a place where anything can (and does) happen.

If you've become hardened and desensitised to today's fodder, transport yourself back to your childhood via this film and recapture your glorious youth.

Infinitely watchable, wonderful characters - four absolutely beastly children, one underdog; one manic chocolate maker and a host of Oompah Loompahs which were rescued from snozzwangers and vermicious kernids! What more could anyone want.

Never forget that "We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams."