Change Your Image
Upload An Image
Crop And Save
Nolan's INsanely exCEPTIONal idea
Instead of writing how good the directing, acting, of this film, I decided to interpret it psychologically and philosophically:
1. Cobb awakes on the beach and meets Saito Dream or New world??
2. The first extraction starts. 'What is the most resilient parasite? An idea.' Yes...A single idea from Wright's brother create plane and let human fly, a single idea from Einstein create atomic boom which destroy Hiroshima and Nagasaki. When you can control it, it is a valuable asset or dangerous weapon but if it is lost in controllable, even a moment, it destroys you.
3. After the first extraction fails, Cobb spins the top (totem) to check if he is in dream human the great become so feeble until need to use tool to differentiate reality and dream.
4. Inception starts, dream within dream within dream, layer and layer, it is just like the never ending staircase how complex is human mind? YOUR MIND IS THE SCENE OF THE CRIME! The characters are driven by what: Guilty (Cobb), Property (Saito), Curiosity (Ariadne), Subconscious (Mr Fisher), but they don't know! Just like us, sometimes don't know what we are doing..just do it..without destiny.. 3 safety boxes appear in the dream: Saito's, Mal's and Fisher's. They are the subconscious security..but how secure they are? If you think your mind is safe, someone or something is actually changing them. Human mind is so fragile..don't forget..safety box is still can be opened.
5. Inception accomplished..Cobb dropped into Limbo..awaked on the beach and met Saito --- A full circle with the beginning of film!!?? The inception is a dream? Or the whole movie is a dream? Or..?
6. Cobb reunites with children..the top keep spinning but sound stopping.. the ending is a dream? Or reality? Human always cannot (or don't wish to) differentiate reality and dream, true and false, good or bad.
Are you dreaming?
by Lim; 29/12/10
2001: A Space Odyssey (1968)
2001: A Space Odyssey -- "a never ending journey"
Written by a genius Arthur C. Clarke and directed by a genius Stanley Kubrick, 2001: a space odyssey is absolutely the CLASSIC of sci-fiction movie, one of the GREATEST film ever made!
I am just 21 years old so sure I didn't sit in cinema and watch this movie in 1968. I just watched it few months ago. Impressive! It blows me away! If u think it is nothing as it is an old movie, you are totally WRONG.
Awesome visual effect, amazing classical music are not enough to describe this film. The most successful way of it is its plot. In 1968, during its premier, handsome hunk actor Rock Hudson and few Hollywood colleagues walked out the theater without finishing this film, they said:"Can someone tell me what the hell it is about?"
Until now, a lot of people still don't get it and push this movie aside from their consciousness. The theories of this film are so deep..deep until hard to see, or should say it is abstract. Also, it touch a issue that some god believer don't believe evolution, and this film eventually delivers an idea about "what is god". I am not critiquing anyone I watched it again with one of my friend who is so believe in god and he didn't refuse it.
As a biologist, I believe in evolution as a gradually changing, a sort of cell-by-cell adaptation process across time. This film made some hypothesis in human evolution and starts an amazing and mystery journey in space.
To understand this film, you have to imagine FREELY. A biologist may understand it in certain ways, a philosopher, god believer may understand it in different, different ways
Now, I think I understand it more than 90%, but after some years, I may see it differently