dalydj-918-255175

Page 1 of 74:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [Next]

Louis C.K. Oh My God, 14 April 2013

Louis C.K. in my mind can do no wrong between his yearly standup specials and his FX comedy show that everyone including me has fallen in love with. This special was on HBO and it is another example of how great he can be and this special gives him the chance to be even more funnier with some great jokes that are offensive and great. Some highlights in the special included his jokes about women and children because they were quite funny. My only complaint is it was too short only because I could listen to him doing standup all day long but still I was glad about the special and love that HBO let him do his thing the way FX does not stopping him from being free to say what he wants to.

EPISODE GRADE: A-

Saturday Night Live Host: Vince Vaughn, 14 April 2013

Vince Vanghn has not hosted SNL since 1998 so he makes his return and being world known for comedy I was excited to see what he would do with the writing. I must admit that I did like his opening monologue with him going into the audience and talking some nonsense but Vince was able to make it funny. The sketch's were nice throughout and I did like the tribute the show did to Margaret Thatcher with it being about a punk singer who loved the women the surprise of it was great. The best sketch for me of the show was the Margaret Thatcher one while on the other side the worst of the episode was the one based at the high school dance because it was awkwardly funny and non of the perverted jokes worked for me. A nice sketch to make a return was the flirting in the bar and it have Kate some funny stuff and I like it because she is my favourite cast member on the show. Miguel was the musical guest singing both "Adorn" and "How Many Drinks?" and I thought he did a great job on both of them. Overall an average episode.

EPISODE GRADE: C+ (MVP: Bill Hader)

Smash The Invited Dress, 14 April 2013

The best part of the show since the beginning has been the way they handle the creation of a Broadway show and this episode had a lot of that which did make the show more watchable even though their were some over the top moments. The two shows going through so much changes in one episode was nice to see with that including Marilyn nude and Karen getting more of her songs taken away by the Diva character. The Bombshell part of the episode was more funny with all the mistakes during the show and it actually was more interesting then anything they have been doing for previous weeks. The Hit List part of the episode was boring but still it did have a nice moment with Derek finally letting go of Karen and focusing more on the show making a great opening to the show. Overall the episode was better then previous ones because the structure of a show was more focused on instead of the stupid drama it has done.

EPISODE GRADE: C+ (MVP: Debra Messing)

Happy Endings The Storm Before the Calm, 13 April 2013

Penny has now separated from Pete and this episode was about her accepting she cannot be responsible even though she had to write the horribly funny musical/play about her being the black plague and killing Clete the show's version of Pete. Alex and Max helping to set trends with Jane was also some funny material but the craziness of the show and how it ended was nice for the episode since Penny has now finally let go of Pete knowing she will survive. Brad and Dave where used good as well as straight men who really do love the theatre. Ensemble work was great again in both of the episodes this week making it such an improvement over last week's two episodes which were of average quality.

EPISODE GRADE: B+ (MVP: Casey Wilson)

Happy Endings She Got Game Night, 13 April 2013

The Pete and Penny romance/engagement finally comes to an end and it involves Penny come to the realisation while playing game night with some couples who are obviously more tight. The episode had such funny moments especially Jane while playing the game night because the game night portions of the episode where the better ones while Dave/Alex on their adventure with Psychics in town was not really funny and memorable compared to other moments. The Penny/Pete relationship was bound to fail and I appreciate the show did not wait until the wedding day to repeat what happened at the start of the series where Alex left Dave at the alter. Brad and Jane are the funniest couple on the show as they make me laugh so much throughout especially this week. Max and his stalker just to mention had some funny lines but were not an important part to the episode being how it was.

EPISODE GRADE: B+ (MVP: Eliza Coupe)

Hannibal Amuse-Bouche, 12 April 2013

This show still being an NBC network drama still confuses me because it feels so like a cable drama especially it's presentation of mental illness, murder and character relationships. Will Graham becomes so involved in these cases that it cannot be good for his health and this week is an example as he sleeps seeing so many horrifying images that do help with his job and I do fine Hugh Dancy giving such a dramatic performance I believe he has never been better in anything. The visual style stayed consistent from the pilot which I liked and once again the show feels claustrophobic even though it takes place in outside areas which is something that I like on the show especially since Dancy is the main part of the show. Mads portrayal of Lector interests me because of how quiet his performance is as I feel it is building to something. The story of the week continued the story of the show and Will killing another person adds to who he is which is something else about the character I do like. Overall not as strong as the pilot but only by the smallest nitpicking.

EPISODE GRADE: B+ (MVP: Hugh Dancy)

Archer Sea-Tunt: Part II, 12 April 2013

Season Four of Archer comes to an end with the second part of the two parter Sea-Tunt. The episode had everything I would have wanted in an episode of the show. They have been building up to Lana announcing to everyone he is pregnant for some time and the payoff from that announcement was beautiful especially from Archer nearly dying and Lana really showing she truly cares for at the same time as Cyril being jealous of her being pregnant not by him. The episode took place mostly under the sea but the short scenes back on the boat were good and the other women on the show (Malory, Cheryl and Pam) are always used for good one liner s not taking away but adding to the overall quality of the episode. The show may have returned Ray to his wheelchair but Lana being pregnant now will be interesting for next season to see if she takes a break or if Pam replaces her since she was good for comedy on the mission in Italy. Overall this season started off with the Bob's Burgers scenes up until this finale making it a great season for the show.

EPISODE GRADE: A- (MVP: Aisha Tyler)

Community Intro to Felt Surrogacy, 12 April 2013

Community has been quite mixed this season and while for most of the season so far I have been negative but last week's episode I found myself liking a lot and for the second straight week in a four I liked an episode of the show. The puppet piece was a great thing for the show and they were used so great especially when the show handled musical numbers once again and it's always great to hear the cast members of the show actually having good singing voices. The episode was comedic and I must say Sara Bareilles was a random person to be interacting with the puppets since she is one of those singers who I recognize for some strange reason. The writing was strong and all the characters were used well especially with Kevin not being used except for one line as I really have a problem with that character. The episode was all about puppet fun especially when they went on their adventure.

EPISODE GRADE: B (MVP: Yvette Nicole Brown)

Parks and Recreation Animal Control, 12 April 2013

Parks and Recreation this week was back to its normal great comedy which includes some different ways to use Ron as well as some great material for Audrey Plaza who always is able to make me laugh. Ron being sick was funny and Nick Offereman got to shine in his small scenes stealing the episode from the more political part of the episode. The other side of the episode was dealing with Pawnee's animal treatment and getting April to show her intelligence by getting animal department to be part of the Parks department. The C story of the episode involving Ben trying to get a client for Sweetums was also some funny moments to the episode with the crazy person and the guys saying things that made him lose it. Everything in the episode worked well making it a great Parks episode.

EPISODE GRADE: B+ (MVP: Nick Offerman)

Glee Shooting Star, 12 April 2013

Just when I thought the show could not get anymore offensive leave it to the creators of the show to make the serious topic lately that is school shootings by not giving an worthy payoff to the horrible experience the actors had to act in. The episode title includes Shooting in it and the episode started off as a normal episode for the show but there was a moment when the shoots were fired it was all about confessions, crying and separation until we found out about the culprit. The responsible one was Sue Slyvester and while I did not appreciate the episode overall I thought the performance given by Lynch to be her best in many seasons as she has not been used well for some time now. I did not like when the truth of Becky was revealed because while it did make Sue a nicer character I would have rather had it be the accident it was to be. Lynch being gone from the show will not make a difference for me because she barely appears on the show anymore. The episode took the serious matter that is gun violence and made it bad because of how they handled. The show trying to bring in Catfishing had no payoff and was never interesting to begin with.

EPISODE GRADE: F (MVP: N/A)

Page 1 of 74:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [Next]