Reviews written by
turtleggs

Page 1 of 7:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [Next]

I'm in, you're out, 15 August 2013

Walt faces Gus about money her gets. He sees Gus's plan, he understands how Gus's trying to make Walt and Jesse enemies, and get Walt back into business. But Gus has another plan for Walt. He takes him to his undercover meth lab, which amazes Walt. Then he talks Walt about family with an excellent quote: "A man provides for his family." I think that sentence put Walt back into game. For days Walt feels like he messed up his family because of his drug business. However, Gus thinks that a man must continue provide for his family, even when they don't accepted, when they refused. So Walt realizes that he must earn money for his children until he dies.

Jesse on the other hand is very angry. He thinks Walt staged this coup, and he wants Walt's share. He doesn't know about Walt and Gus's talk, so he plays the "man", in front of Walt. He taunts him until he learns Walt's acceptance of Gus's plan. Walt strikes him with this quote: "I'm in, you're out." Well, this was the incident of the night. It seems Walt wants to work with the "someone" that helped preparing Gus's meth lab, not Jesse. But Walt and Jesse are like father and son. I don't think they will stay separated for long. I think they shouldn't.

Hank follows his leads. He's angry and worry, because he knows that nothing may come up from this case. And he may refused promotion for nothing. His anger increases when he learns his partner takes the promotion. But eventually he finds the right track and he closes his distance with Jesse. Now he knows that RV is a mobile meth lab, and it has relation with Jesse. I'm wondering, Walt abandoned Jesse, and Hank is obviously gonna go for Jesse, if Jesse gonna get busted? I don't think writers will kill of Jesse, but it will increase the heat for sure.

And also Skyler, I don't want to say anything about her. She thinks herself as a bi.ch, and I think that word suits for her. She continues sleeping with Ted, and at the end she starts feeling remorse. She even thought about spending Walt's drug money, what can you say to that woman? But if I'm hating from Skyler so much, that's because Anna Gunn's perfect acting. I'm very happy that she got this job at the first place. I hope she continue this brilliant acting.

Slow episode, but I think after Hank's discovery, next episode will be more "lively".

My vote is 8/10

Go Signal, 15 August 2013

Walt rages after learning his wife's affair with Ted. He storms to office and tries to talk to Ted and he fails. This, I was waiting for this scene. However, I was also waiting for Walt to beat the hell out of Ted. Well, I guess we can't see this happening for now. Because afterward Walt just continues his life like nothing happened. Instead he tried seducing assistant principal, but it didn't work. Oh, Walt.

We have a solid, brave Jesse now. The way he acts in gas station, he doesn't care police while he was selling his product to cashier. We also realized that Jesse cooks his own batch, and it looks as blue as Walt's meth. He faces Walt with it, and it makes Walt crazy. People may think that Walt's jealous. But I side with Walt, because I understand him. He has a reputation on the street as "blue stuff of Heisenberg", and he doesn't want to spoil that rep. What if Jesse's batch is faulty? People will buy it as Heisenberg's meth, but when they see the quality drop, their thoughts about Heisenberg may change.

Gus is also aware of this it seems, so he makes a plan to bring them together. He gives half money to Jesse's product, and other half to Walt. Walt will realize that Gus still wants him to put the "chef" hat. And at the end, that green light really gave the "go signal" for Walt.

On the Hank's side, he is left with two choices: he either takes the "el paso" ticket, or continue investigating Heisenberg case. His choice didn't surprised me. I was waiting for this, because Hank should cross his path Walt or Jesse. And now, he doesn't know but he's tailing Jesse. He's really man of his work, and I believe he will close his distance with Jesse. What will happen then? Anyways, it was again a slow episode. But we saw very good acting from Walt and Jesse. Especially their fight, how it began nice and end up worse, really shines tonight.

My vote is 8/10.

Encounters, 15 August 2013

Walt settles back to his old house. Skyler threatens him by calling police, but Walt doesn't care. Then, she tries to get revenge from Walt by sleeping with Ted. Writers need to get Walt back to business, and I think this is the solution. Now that Walt feels betrayed, I think he will go back cooking, not for Skyler, but for Holly and Jr. And also we'll see if Walt's gonna settle the score with Ted.

Jesse feels depressed and he doesn't know what to do. Saul contacts with him several times. He wants Jesse to call Walt, so that Walt can go back cooking. But in the end we see that Jesse is cooking on his own. Now his batch will go to Gus, and we don't know if Jesse can cook meth as good as Walt. We also don't know what will happen if Gus likes Jesse's meth and works with him. Then, what Walt gonna do? Is there gonna be rivalry between two?

Speaking of Gus, he meets with cartel. Hector and cousins want Walt dead. Gus says he will use Walt for some time, and then he can be killed. This is another danger for Walt. It means that Walt isn't safe. In my last reviews, I told that Gus saved Walt's ass, but it seems this is just temporary.

Hank on the other hand, gets his promotion back. But after a bar brawl, it looks that he isn't ready for promotion. After Hank's showdown with Tuco, he seemed terrible. He couldn't take it out of his mind. Then, add Tortuga incident to that. Hank's real mess now. And what will happen on the border, nobody knows. He also investigates Heisenberg. Everybody on DEA dropped the case, but he's still on the hunt. This case file may cross his ways with Gus, or cartel, or cousins, who knows?

Another brilliant acting by Bryan Cranston.But it's Anna Gunn's night I think. It was a slow episode, but it was good for character developments and story progress.

My vote is 8/10

Pollos, 15 August 2013

Despite Saul's wishes, Walt is determined not to return producing meth. He thinks this job ruined his life. But meanwhile he's having hard time adjusting to his new, alone life. His efforts of reuniting always refused by Skyler.

Jesse takes his share, and makes a plan with Saul about buying his aunt's house.

Cousins finds Tuco's "tio", and he gives them a name they want: Walter White. They are ready to kill Walt, but Gus stands in their way.

This was a really breathtaking episode. I mean the last minutes. The cousins are ready to kill Walt, they are waiting for him to come out from shower, waiting with an axe. Suddenly a message pops up, only one word: pollos. This is a mark. This shows that Walt has to go back drug business.

Pollos means that, Gus has ties in cartel, he can even dictate over cousins. Pollos means that Walt is now working for Gus. Gus saved Walt's ass, and I think it won't come free. Walt and Jesse will start production soon it seems. But my only worry is that, will cousins cause trouble in the future?

Strong acting, and very good scenario. I watched last minutes holding my breath. Also Mr. Cranston showed us why he won 2 consecutive Emmy awards.

My vote is 9/10

Half million dollar in a bag, 15 August 2013

Skyler insists on divorcing Walt. She meets with him to tell it, but instead she learns Walt's real job. Walt turns down an offer made by Gus, in which he chooses his family instead of money. Jesse's rehab process is complete and he is ready to pick up his share. And two dangerous man crosses the U.S borders, their target is Walter White.

It was a good episode. First of all, in my last review I told that I'm anxious to see if Walt's gonna tell Skyler about his job. I was waiting to see this in mid episodes of season 3, but hell he told truth in episode 1. This is gonna change things for sure. We'll see if Skyler gonna accept Walt, or tell the truth to Hank. From my view, I think Skyler will accept Walt, because she'll understand Walt did everything for the family.

Walt turned down a perfect offer made by Gus. We all expected a raged, crazy Gus, because our last example is Tuco. Tuco may have kidnapped Walt again if he refused him. But Gus just thanked him. It looks suspicious, however we all know Walt. He can't keep himself out of drug business. He tasted the power in season 2(stay out of territory), and he never wanted to go back and become a high school teacher anymore. And his dialog with Hank(half million dollar in a bag), proves me that he wants to be Heisenberg from now on.

Jesse completed his rehabilitation process, and surprisingly he accepted that he is a bad guy, and he won't deny that he caused the deaths of Jane and all those passengers. This misunderstanding, wrong thinking may change Jesse forever. He may become rock solid about his feelings. We'll see if he is going to learn the truth behind Jane's death. Well, not until Walt confess it to him.

And a closing paragraph for two guys. I think they are Tuco's long awaited cousins and they are coming to kill Walt. It seems Walt should accept Gus's offer, because he is the one that can save Walt from those cousins.

Good acting,good beard by Walt and a solid-hearted Jesse.

My vote is 8/10.

Butterfly Effect, 14 August 2013

Jesse wakes up and discovers the death of Jane. Saul's PI Mike comes and cleans the place. But it doesn't clean the heart of Jesse. As a result Jesse loses himself in addiction, and Walt saves him from being a pathetic drug addict. He goes to rehab center.

Walt is ready for surgery. Right before he passes out, he reveals his second cell phone secret to Skyler, accidentally. This makes her suspicious and Sky delves deeper into web of lies created by Walt. She reveals Walt's lies one by one.

Jane's father, Donald is desperate after his daughter's death. He returns to his job, air controller, but his still alive grief causes a horrible accident.

This episode is the good example for butterfly effect. Small changes, has big, much bigger effects. In previous episode, Walt let Jane die. As I wrote it, I said he sacrificed her to save Jesse. But he also sacrificed many people, indirectly. The death of Jane killed his father, at heart. His grief effected his job, and a careless air controller created a chaos. We'll see if Walt's gonna realize he caused this accident.

Also, there is another story arc waiting for us next season. Skyler learned everything about Walt, except his job as a drug dealer. She knows Walt paid for his treatment, hundred thousand dollars came from him. She now suspects Walt is doing illegal business. Next season will show us whether "Walt" or "Heisenberg" face Skyler with his real job. This revelation will change the story for sure.

Also one last note for Jesse. He's really broken after Jane's death. Now that he's in rehab, he really needs to shake and clean himself from drugs. I'm waiting for him to join Walt in season 3, but can he keep him away from drugs, while working in drugs.. I don't know. But for now he needs to forget Jane.

If this season finale made me wrote so much about these characters, then Vince Gilligan and his friends are on the right track.

My vote is 10/10. Excellent season finale. Must see TV!

Sacrifice, 14 August 2013

Walt takes 1.2 million in exchange for his meth sellout. But he witnessed Jesse and Jane's heroin addiction. Jesse asks for his cut, but Walter is determined not to give his share, until Jesse cleans himself from heroin. Jane hears this incident and she has another plans to get Jesse's share.

As for Walt's cut, Walt can't decide how to introduce his money to his family. A little contribution from Walt Jr. turns into a brilliant idea, with the help of Saul.

In this episode we witnessed a sacrifice. Walt sacrificed Jane, in exchange for Jesse's life. Remember Jane said to Jesse that they can clean themselves from heroin, use the money to live the life they want. Also she said that they can abandon heroin, starting from that night. But we saw that they can't stand behind their words. They shot heroin the night they plan about leaving it.

Walt didn't give Jesse his cut, and says that he can't know whether Jesse may die in a week or not, if he gives himself his cut. Walter sees the weakness in Jesse, and he predicts that if he gives Jesse 480 thousand, he and Jane may spend all their money on heroin, and get themselves killed on overdose.

So at the end, Walt accidentally caused Jane move and start vomiting. He didn't help because of all these predictions. A sacrifice may bring Jesse to life. He might stop using drugs permanently. I think these are thoughts on Walter's mind, when he is on dilemma whether he should save Jane or not. Oh, and there is a blackmail incident with her. I think this thing, pretty much seals the deal in Walt's mind and he left her to die.

A stunning, yet planned decision by Walt. He doesn't intend to kill her, but also, he doesn't intend to save her. Let's see what will happen after this decision.

Stunning acting by Walt and Jesse. My vote is 10/10. Excellent.

Million Dollar Baby, 14 August 2013

When one of their dealer dies, Walt understands that his empire is shattering, street is not for him. Rival gangs move up on their territories and Walt seeks help from lawyer Saul. Saul advises them to stay out of street business and sell their product in bulk. He has a perfect buyer for that job, however there are trust issues between them.

After his friend's death, a melancholic Jesse reveals his business to Jane. The chain of unfortunate decisions follows one another, and they finally find themselves in bed with "heroin." Walter however, is determined to sell his product to the buyer. His stubborn character, his good will is finally accepted by the buyer, who identifies himself as "Gus". Afterwards, Walt is given an hour to deliver all his product to him in a meeting point. But there are problems. Jesse is high on heroin, and Skyler is going into labor.

This was a very thrilling and exciting episode. It is an action packed episode and we see that Walt is on a dilemma: his baby or money? Obviously it seems money, after he packed the meth and run away, but my question is for the future.

It seems that this "Gus" character will give jobs to Walt and Jesse in the future. But it also seems that this jobs will leave Walt in a pretty nasty choices. He has to choose between his family and money. He is either going to spend his last times with his family, but make low cash, or he is going to choose to make serious cash, but will spend less time with his family, just like missing his newborn's birth.

For now, it seems Walt's empire is no more, and he is going to move under a new, but honest and decent "Tuco". We'll see what time brings, and what choices Walt is going to make.

My vote is 10/10. Excellent

The Dark Side, 14 August 2013

Walt and Jesse's empire is on a steady growth now. They earn their cash, living their own lives without problems. Jesse and Jane start a new relationship, but Jane couldn't tell it to her father, which saddens Jesse.

Meanwhile Walt start to taste his power. His power is slowly poisoning him. In a party organized for him, he let his son drink tequila, much to Hank's dismay. The two comes to a verge of fight when Walter Jr. drinks heavily because of Walt. Now that there is no problem, no adrenaline type situation for Walt, he feels stressed and he starts fixing the house. In his one visit to store, he changes his life forever.

This is Walt centered episode. Now he is living on the edge of the world. Remember season 1, he can't get himself to kill Krazy-8, he writes down good and bad things to convince himself. That afraid,shy,high school chemistry teacher now turned into a drug kingpin goes by the name "Heisenberg." It's like, Heisenberg is the alter ego of Walt. It is the personality Walt always dreamed. At the start of the episode with Hank, we saw the little bits of that change. Afterwards we also saw his change back to Walt, and his conscience about how he treat Hank and Jr.

But at the end, it is clear that Walt doesn't want to be "Walt" anymore. He wants pass to the dark side, be "Heisenberg." He has witnessing a power poisoning now, and I hope it doesn't bring bad luck to him or his family. We'll see.

Great acting by Bryan Cranston. He is born to be "badass".

My vote is 9/10

A Hope in the Desert, 13 August 2013

Walt creates himself 4 days of freedom to cook, with lies. He convinces Jesse to be his partner for 4 days, with lies. They cook an excellent batch, but there is a problem with car. Now it is up to Walt's brilliant ideas to solve the problem.

There is a really nice thing about this episode. There is a double layered fear, and a double layered hope tonight. Walt and Jesse stranded in the desert. They are worrying of dying out there. And also, Walt's scan results are unclear, Walt doesn't know if he is going to die in few weeks or not.

Then there are positive things. They successfully ignite the engine, and hope fills them, they are now positive that they are going to score big time with meth production. And scan results are also positive for Walt. He is going to live another day, with a shrunk tumor.

They found hope in the desert, they earned the hope in this desert. Let's see how it's gonna effect their lives. Will they be rich with that batch? Can they hold their money? Is Mr. White going to live to see birth of his child? Can he leave his family the "seven thirty-seven"? We'll going to see. But for now, everything seems to be on the track. And also, great acting Walt. Damn great acting Walt and Jesse.

My point is 10/10. Perfect.

Page 1 of 7:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [Next]