barron54

Can It Get Any Worse??, 31 January 2004

I belive I have seen this movies before... wait, I have. In "Drumline", "Bring It On", and others. Except, those were classics. This is movie is terrible. The plot can't get much more simplier. Two friends have a dance crew where they compete to win cash. They've won every competition, but then some white boys come up and take their title. So, they have to do to a type of "Bring It On" competion for a 50,000 dollar prize. In the middle of this they producers thought they had to throw in some BS that had to make us try and feel sorry for the characters. And some how, don't ask me how, all their problems dissapear and... well you know how it goes. The acting is terrible. It seems to me, even the title needs some work. And the dialouge is real deep to like, "You suckas got seved", and "We gotta win, I'm tellin you man, we gotta for my mama". And that's about as deep as it gets. Don't waste your money on this, please I am begging you. Rent "Drumline", because it is a hell of a lot better. Sorry guys, but hott dancing can't even save this film.

Jaws (1975)
Defines Horror Genre, 20 October 2003

This movie was made many years ago, yet still so many people are frightened to go in the water. This movie is directed so greatly that I don't think anyone could have done a better job. The plot is that a killer shark has been feeding on local islanders on Amity Island. So, the Chief of Police, a scientist, and a fisherman set out to kill it. The suspense that the movie builds up is incredible. This movie doesn't compare to anything from the past decade. You don't see movies like JAWS made today. The acting is done greatly. Richard Dryfuss definatly stands out in this movie. This was the highlight of Steven Spielburg's career also. This is a 10/10 movie. I will be seeing JAWS 2 in the next week or so, followed by JAWS 3, and JAWS 4, but I don't think any of them will compare even close to JAWS.

** A MUST SEE

Last 20 minutes of movie were obviously the scariest and the best!, 11 May 2003

I saw this movie last night with my aunt. The whole beggining of the movie was good, but wasn't scary by any means, and wasn't as good as other thrillers (the ring, 6th sense, the others etc.). That was however until the last 20 or 30 minutes of the movie. i was soo scared and the twist really suprised me. i'm not going to tell you how it ends because i want you to be as scared and surprised as i was. In the end I turned off the tv happy that i saw the movie. it wasn't the best movie i've seen, because there were somestupid parts, but the ending definatly makes up for them. In the end, "What Lies Beneath" was a great thriller, with many twist, that will scare the sh** out of YOU!!

recommendation: don't see this alone

The Ring (2002)
This is honestly one of the best mystery/horror movies I've ever seen!!, 9 May 2003

the ring... where do i begin. well its about a journalist who's niece died mysteriously. she hears about this urban legend that theres this tape and it is someones nightmare on it. but after you see it, you die exactly 7 days later. so rachel (the journalist) tracks down the tape and watches it. the legend is becoming a reality and she now only has 7 days to unravel the mystery of the ring. #1 the script alone is brilliant. it makes you think and you really dont understand the movie completely until you've seen it 2 or 3 times, which i loved. it keeps you on the edge of your seat, and it isn't gruesomly gory or scary, which i also loved about it. the suspense is what really scares you, and this one ending scene really creeps you out. #2 the acting is great and the understand the meaning of there characters greatly. i jus totaly loved the entire piece and i praise the writer of the ring who origanally started it all because he is a brilliant man. i definatly recommend this thriller to anyone who likes these kinds of movies. let me tell you... its full of twists and will keep you guessing and trembling long after you see it!! 9/10