batmancox

poor acting , poor script, poor story, 24 May 2013

I'm sad to say this is a real let down. I watched the first episode and tried to watch the second in case it improved. The acting was not believable, the storyline was bitty and unoriginal. The characters didn't give me any belief in the programme.

The lead character is a female cop, following in daddy's footsteps. The acting is poor but then again her script is so weak. The situation she gets in unbelievable.

eps 1 is set in 1985 but let me assure you it came over as false. I'd guess it's a younger person's view who didn't live through it.

Very stereotypical view of other cops in the series and not sure why the head cop needed to shout all the time at a new female rookie - it just all came across as poor.

Turned off before finishing the second episode.

We are not stupid!, 23 June 2011

My biggest problem with this series was that every little detail of the cases were explained to us as though we were dumb idiots. I watched the entire first season on recommendation and the start of the second but then I gave up.

It wasn't all bad - I enjoyed the young whizzkid's character and most of the time the lead character but I found too many of the other principal characters to be dead fish and completely uninteresting.

The story lines were okay but I didn't need everything explaining, I like to work things out myself.

It's not the worse series in the world and I'm sure it will be very popular, like bones, but in the end I don't want to be led like a dumb animal through a series (again like bones). I can find better things to do with my time.

Could become a classic, 23 June 2011

I was sceptical when I first heard of "LEWIS". Morse had been such an incredible series that I felt sure Lewis would simply cash in on it and be a poor follow on. How wrong I was! Whilst I'm not saying that it has met the incredibly high standard of Morse it is a truly great series in its own right.

Obviously there is no John Thaw (what a great actor) but Lewis has now taken on the "old man" role and been joined by a wonderful "young assistant" character acted in superb fashion.

The story lines have maintained the complexity and interest of Morse. In true English style the clues are there but you will still change your mind on who the culprit is many many times during an episode. The teasing out of characters has been done very well so that even now (after 4 series) we don't know everything.

And then, of course, there is the picturesque scenery and wonderful architecture of Oxford. Sometimes I could just get lost looking at the background. Another great series , well worth anyone's time.

Great new series, 23 June 2011

Another great new British detective mystery series. Isaacs is an excellent lead figure - though it took me awhile to realise that he was Lucius Malfoy.It's not the type of series that explains every detail in case you missed it but lures you into guessing what will happen next.

The story lines so far have been gripping and interestingly human - usually running two or three over the two hour programme. The characters have depth and the interweaving is clever. Maybe the childhood flashback is shown a little too often.

The scenery is stunning.

Hope it continues the way it started.