Page 1 of 10:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [Next]

"Wilfred" (2011)
Strangely unique, 2 July 2011

As a fan of Elijah Wood (Green Street Hooligans!), I was patiently awaiting the release of this series. The show found the perfect network, FX, which also brought the weird and raunchy comedy It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia.

Wilfred is a show to enjoy whilst relaxing, having a beer, or other recreational activities. Although the plot is simple, the acting and the execution are highly enjoyable. What this show lacks in cinematic diversity, it more than makes up for it in talent, humor, depth, and creativity.

Don't watch this show if you aren't open to new ideas and strange events. Wilfred is a dark humored show that appeals to those who can enjoy great quality when offered to them. Basically, you need to have an open mind and a passion for dark humor.

"Hung" (2009)
Hung is a show of realism without the bs, 2 July 2011

Thomas Jane, Jane Adams, Anne Heche, Eddie Jemison, and Rebecca Creskoff all perform extremely well on screen. They portray their characters flawlessly and allow you to vicariously enjoy the show that is Hung.

This show is difficult to label, it's more of a raw show without any bs. Many of the events aren't as climatic as one would expect, especially the season finales, but this is what makes the show so beautiful. Hung doesn't rely on overly complex drama that makes absolutely no sense in the real world, it relies on real life complications in humorous, yet dramatic scenarios.

Hung is open to interpretation, at least most of it. If you have the patience for massive character development with a smooth plot and actors who portray their characters effortlessly, then this show is a must.

"Suits" (2011)
Quality you can appreciate, 26 June 2011

Patrick J. Adams & Gabriel Macht both give convincing performances in the pilot, something sure to excel even more throughout the series.

The script, acting, and quality are all flawless, as far as television goes. If you're looking to be highly entertained on Thursday night, then look no further. The subtle humor, creative plot, and enjoyable dialogue entices the viewer more with each passing moment.

If you're into legal shows that include all aspects of human nature, including compassion, then Suits is for you.

Hopefully this show continues to have the opportunity to thrive; it has definitely drawn me in and I won't miss a second of it.

Don't write this show off just yet, 21 June 2011

This show seems to be improving with every episode. The series premiere was great, but episode 2 was better, and episode 3 was even better.

Mark-Paul Gosselaar and Breckin Meyer, alongside the other cast members all perform well.

Franklin and Bash is truly refreshing with creative dialogue, unique (extremely unique) scripts, and quality acting. The show is quality compared to many other legal shows I've seen.

I agree that this show might not be the next Lost, but it definitely succeeds at entertaining and that's all that matters to me. This series is great for what it is and it does what it's suppose to do: entertain.

Give this show a chance, but if you can, let it grow on you since the first three episodes progressively improve.

Hopefully this show lasts as long as possible, granted quality does not falter.

Those who watch it fall in love, always., 21 June 2011

Community is brilliantly scripted: the dialogue is ingenious, the acting is superb, and the creativity is off the charts.

Don't watch this show with high expectations because those expectations will be met, but the show excels if you have an open-mind and as you relax.

The humor is abundant and you will fall in love with at least one of the characters, if not all. I would attempt to list the diverse features of each character, but they really can't be explained. Each character truly cannot be labeled, they are each so unique and realistic that you'd have to watch this show in order to understand.

If you aren't a fan of this show yet, give it a chance and you will be, otherwise you're missing out of cinematic entertainment at its finest. I would classify this show as one of my favorite comedies, ranking alongside Arrested Development and It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. Community is definitely the cleanest of the three so it's a great watch for a good time without being overly offensive.

You can read all of the positive feedback about this show, but the best way to fully understand this show is to immerse yourself in it by watching it.

Strong enough to stand alone, 3 June 2011

The concept of this film might be somewhat mundane to some since we already know what happens in the future, but this shouldn't stop you from experiencing the best X-Men film of the franchise.

James McAvoy, Michael Fassbender, and Kevin Bacon act so well that I'm still astonished as I write this review. The rest of the cast members were solid, but these three stood out far beyond my expectations, which were high to begin with.

Although there might be some mythological errors in terms of the comics being adapted to the big screen, it's definitely something that can easily be over-looked.

The CGI, dialogue, action, acting, and script were in perfect unison.

There really isn't much more you could ask for from this film, except another one just like it to keep the X-Men franchise as strong as it can and should be.

Unexpected cinematic perfection, 30 May 2011

Source Code is the first and only film I've seen on the big screen this year, mainly since I've been waiting until the summer to indulge.

Jake Gyllenhaal and Michelle Monaghan team-up to give a performance you wouldn't believe.

The show is well-written, futuristic, and nearly flawless. If you're a fan of either actors mentioned above, you'll simply love this film, and if you aren't, you soon will be.

Source Code didn't focus on profit, it focused on quality and the audience, something that seems to be uncommon practice even this very day.

Give this film a chance, you'll be beyond thankful you did.

"Castle" (2009)
ABC knows how to market, 30 May 2011

Although this show seems to be ridden with ABC sponsorships and the like, it shouldn't be underestimated.

The acting from the entire cast is balanced and perfected and as much as I'd like to share my personal favorites, I can't seem to list only a few. Honestly, the entire main cast is perfection for a show like this.

Castle is a comedic look at drama, conspiracy, and murder, but it's also serious when it needs to be.

There are merchandise tie-ins such as two (and soon to be a third) novels by the fictional character Castle, as well as a soon to be released hardcover graphic novel of Derek Storm, which allows for us to enjoy Castle on and off the small screen.

Castle is a show you will not likely forget any time soon, so start indulging in some of television's finest quality.

"Jericho" (2006)
The end is near, 30 May 2011

This apocalyptic series is terribly terrific. The acting is intense and the script immaculate, but sadly it was short-lived, although it had plenty of time to thrive, which it did.

The only downside to this show is how raw and intense the drama is, but it's also the only reason this series is on my list of top favorites.

It might be difficult to watch a marathon of this show, seeing as how one episode brings much anticipation, stress, and realism to your small screen.

Jericho is a show you cannot miss, especially since we can all learn something from the show. Human nature is perfectly portrayed through each character and although they are brought to extreme measures due to tragic events, their decisions are all understandable and enticing nonetheless.

This show pairs perfectly with a glass of wine, or two.

Perfection - this series does not fall short, 30 May 2011

Andrew Lincoln & Sarah Wayne Callies provide acting that shouldn't be overlooked, alongside the other cast members who seem to pour it all out on the small screen for us.

The make-up and costumes are flawless, the dialogue is intriguing, and the suspense it remarkable.

This show is the perfect mix of zombies and drama, without leaning more on either side, which brings a refreshing image to the zombie genre.

Although you may dislike zombies, or perhaps you're in love with the idea, this show will appeal to you.

Watch it, the first season is only 6 episodes long and if you aren't left craving more, then you know you can move on without wondering if you should've given it a chance, granted that might be impossible to do.

Season 2, I'm waiting on you.

Page 1 of 10:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [Next]