Fmobley2746

Drive (2011/I)
You may call it art, I call it a waste of time, 10 April 2013

Drive starts out with an incredible scene that tricks you into thinking it's going to be an awesome movie. After that first scene Drive starts going downhill fast. Everything gets uninteresting and boring and it is a real pain trying to sit through the entire thing.

I hear people talk about Drive having hidden meanings and is heavily metaphoric. That's fine, but don't make the movie all about metaphors. I can't enjoy a movie if it isn't fleshed out or entertaining. Drive feels like someone else's dream that only has meaning to him who is dreaming it. Anyone who steps foot into this dream is lost and confused.

Drive isn't terrible, but it's certainly not my cup of tea. It's not like nothing went into making this film. Obviously this movie means a whole lot to somebody. It's a very artsy film and if you are into that kind of thing that's cool. Go ahead and break down all of those hidden meanings and metaphors. Drive also has a really awesome soundtrack and it has a very interesting look and style to it. Overall Drive just isn't for everyone and it looks like I'm one of those it's not for.

Yes this "Howard the Duck" is a bad movie in all honesty, but it is far better than what I had heard before seeing it., 24 November 2010

I purchased "Howard the Duck" on DVD the other day for $5.00. I wasn't sure what to expect but I figured that I would enjoy it more than the critics did. After watching the film I was in total shock. I did not know how to go about writing a review. You see, this film has heart, good special effects, and is enjoyable, but it also suffers from some bad acting, some bad screenplay, and just a strange atmosphere. Also, Howard wasn't mean like I had heard he was in most of the comics. He also had a different voice in the film than I had imagined him to have. When I first heard about the film I expected Howard to be wild and crazy like a mix between the Mask and the original Daffy Duck. I also expected him to get an attitude like Donald Duck. I thought very wrong because he was not wild or wacky and he did not have much of an attitude.

Because I am such a huge fan of movies, especially the weird ones like this one, I was able to look past most of the flaws and admire it for what it was trying to be. It was entertaining and a nice way to spend a Sunday afternoon or something.

Last thing is that this film is a bit underrated. It is hated by many probably because of Howard's costume and the wacky plot and screenplay. I guess the people just don't understand that even George Lucas used costumes similar to Howard's for the star wars series.

I think this should have been an animated film but it is what it is. It is not a GREAT movie by any means but it does have a lot of heart and I was impressed with how real the emotions on Howard's face were. The crew worked really hard on this film and it is enjoyable.

Somehow I can relate to this Forrest so well. Plus it has an excellent mix of comedy, sadness, happiness, and simple entertainment., 24 November 2010

Forrest Gump is perhaps one of the greatest films of all time if not the very best. I feel like Forrest Gump almost all of the time.

Forrest Gump is a film that everyone must see before they die. It is so touching. It just has an excellent mix of sadness, happiness, comedy, and just about everything I could ask for in a film. Some people do not even realize how great this film is. It is generally liked by the people and critics but it still does not have the credit that it deserves.

Tom Hanks played the role of Forrest Gump perfectly. I could not see anyone else in the role. Speaking of acting, every actor and actress delivered amazing performances. All of the acting was great.

"Forrest Gump" will always be a favorite of mine and I recommend it to anyone who has not seen it.

"Riddle me this, Riddle me that, whose afraid of the big black bat?!", 24 November 2010

Joel Schumacher may have destroyed the Batman movie franchise with "Batman and Robin" but before that awful film was this really cool film.

Yeah this film has plenty of flaws but I enjoyed it so much. I grew up watching this wacky Batman film. Jim Carrey provides an awesome performance as my favorite Batman villain, The Riddler. It is Jim Carrey that keeps me interested in this film today. Jim Carrey was channeling the late Frank Gorshin here and it worked.

Along with Jim Carrey the other cast was also good, but none were used to their full potential. Tommy Lee Jones fit the image of Two-Face great, but having Two-Face crack jokes and go crazy made him feel more like Cesar Romero's Joker rather than Two-Face. Tommy Lee Jones and Two-Face were completely wasted here. Val Kilmer was a good Bruce Wayne/Batman. Kilmer did well with what he was given. Chris O' Donnell as Robin wasn't too bad. Nicole Kidman is great but her talent was wasted here as Dr. Chase Miridian. Seeing her make a move on Batman throughout the film was just disgusting. Instead of rubbing Bat nipples she should have been used to play a more likable and more fleshed out Dr. Chase Miridian. She could have been great!

Batman Forever had amazing cinematography and the music score was awesome. It's art style and colors and it's larger than life sets were so great! If for nothing else you could watch this movie for the eye candy and fantastic special effects. Batman Forever also has my favorite Batman costume. The costume is very cool looking and it appears to be easier to work in than the ones in Batman and Batman Returns. I also love the fight choreography in Batman Forever. The fights here are a huge improvement over the fights in the first two.

The plot for Batman Forever was nothing special. I used to think it was the best thing ever but now I look back on it and it really isn't. There are a few ideas in this movie that are never expanded upon such as Bruce Wayne's psyche and Dr. Chase Miridian's character. We get hints of what's going on in Bruce Wayne's head and how his parents death effected him, but it really didn't lead to anything big. Dr. Chase Miridian could have been an interesting character but instead ends up being nothing much more than a bad romantic interest and damsel in distress. I also think The Riddler and Two-Face could have had some more fleshing out, but at least The Riddler had a bit of character development.

Looking back at Batman Forever it's got problems and it's even boring at times. It's just not as awesome as it was when I was a kid. The thing is though Batman Forever is good fun. People complain that it is too campy and that it got away from the dark tone of the first two movies, but personally I like what the writers and Joel Schumacher was going for here. They were obviously going for a more 50's/60's style Batman where anything can happen and everything is colorful and fun. Batman Forever is just one of those movies that is far from great but is still a good piece of entertainment. I still love Batman Forever and I always will.

This film is by far the worst film I have ever seen in a theater, 21 November 2010

I still remember sitting in the theater trying so hard not to fall asleep while watching this garbage. It isn't the worst film that has been made or could be made but it certainly isn't good. It was just a sloppy thrown together mess that lacks the heart, emotion, or fun plot of the first film. The first Transformers movie was a perfect example of an excellent film while "Revenge of the Fallen" is a perfect example of a bad film.

My two major complaints are this: 1) The Transformers were very undeveloped. It was just a bunch of huge machines thrown together smashing each other's block off. The action was just sloppy. Things were being thrown around and there were huge explosions for absolutely no reason. It was almost impossible to even see what is going on during all of the explosions and action. Since the characters were not developed I did not feel any connections with them besides the main characters(Shia Labouf, Megan Fox, Optimus Prime, and Bumblebee). So my point is that it was just a bunch of giant metal men that we did not care about beating the crap out of each other for what seemed like hours.

2) The film did not have the heart that the first one had. The first film had everything from action, a good plot, mystery, sci-fi elements, romance, car/race/chase scenes, adventure, great acting, and a feeling of dedication and heart that radiated from the film. This film had hardly any plot at all and definitely no heart. Nothing in this film worked.

So in conclusion this film felt sloppy and an excuse to make a lot of money and have big explosions. Stay as far away from it as possible.

Potter still has the heart and soul, and not to mention the special effects, that makes the series so great., 20 November 2010

"Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows part 1" was a tremendous film that was packed with emotion and heart. This movie really took the new elements that was introduced in the last film to the next level. By that I mean it was even darker than before, it had much more blood, and much more cursing. The cast members and characters have grown up with me. I still remember when Daniel Radcliffe and Harry Potter were still very young. Time flys doesn't it?

Of course this film had flaws, but what kept it so entertaining was the heart and feeling that radiates from it. I like the new music composer but i wish some of the old music could be used as well. I did not get too much action out of this film, for it felt like a mystery adventure that was merely and introduction to part 2 and not a full movie. Anyway, it was still great. I cannot wait until part 2.

Scooby-Doo (2002)
Not a whole lot like the cartoon, but very enjoyable, 7 November 2010

First off, Scooby-Doo was the first movie I saw in theaters. Yes, even though I am 17 years old I did not go to the movie theater until I was nine years old. Now that I have that out of the way let me review this scooby-tastic film! This film is definitely not like the original cartoon as you will notice about 10 minutes into the film. For this movie to even have a great plot the character's personality had to have been expanded, which is what the film makers did. Some of the things they added I liked, some I did not. I did not care for Daphne's stuck up attitude and I really thought it was strange for her to be a kung-fu master. The scene where she fought that Spanish wrestler was just over-the-top nonsense. Fred, Velma, Scooby, and Shaggy were cool. So really Daphne was the only one they actually kinda screwed up on. I thought the Shaggy/Scooby fart and belch scene was extremely awkward and now that I am older I find it extremely unnecessary. I believe they really did a great job at making Scrappy both hatable and a little sorry for at the same time.

THE GOOD: 1) The fact that a Scooby-Doo movie was actually brought to the big screen and it wasn't bad.

2) The character development (besides maybe Daphne)

3) the choice of having Matthew Lillard play Shaggy.

4) Scooby-Doo as a character was nicely developed.

5) The costume design was excellent.

6) The soundtrack and score was terrific.

7) It had a surprisingly nice plot, certainly not the best, but it was alright.

THE BAD: 1) perhaps the choice of Sarah Michelle Gellar for the role of Daphne was not the best choice.

2) Freddie Prince Jr. was great, but again, perhaps their was a better choice.

3) The Scooby/Shaggy belch and fart scene.

4) Daphne was annoying and the kung-fu was extremely painful to watch.

5) It could have been better

ENDING STATEMENTS: There are probably some other things I could mention or add if I re-watched the film. As of now this is all I have to work with.

The movie was good. I enjoyed it and I do believe that is underrated.

Saw (2004)
Saw is filled with non-realistic actions and bad acting on the part of a few actors, but overall it is an excellent joy ride, 7 November 2010

So I watched "Saw" after seeing the second, third, and fourth one. Anyway, I really enjoyed Saw but like some people have pointed out there are a few unrealistic parts. Thankfully though, the movie is so intense and emotional that most people will not catch on to the unrealistic parts.

UNREALISTIC STUFF: 1) How the crap did Jigsaw pretend he was dead for HOURS!? He pretended to be a dead corpse lying in the middle of the room that the main protagonists were trapped in. Did Jigsaw not breathe at all? Did he not move ONE muscle? Yeah, I would say that that is pretty unrealistic.

2) Jigsaw was in the hospital pretending to be in critical condition. How can he PRETEND to be in critical condition in a hospital and the doctors not even notice? Again, unrealistic.

3) There are also some other things that I must question but I would have to re-watch the movie to be precise about what I say. And by the way, how was that doctor so calm when he first discovered that he was trapped in that room? And why did he not pass out from the pain when sawing off his foot? BAD ACTING: 1) The two men that were trapped in the room were not very good actors. They got the job done but their acting was crappy, especially the actor who played the doctor.

PLOT HOLES?: 1) I saw the following in another person's review and I did not realize it when I watched the film. What it was that the person pointed out was the fact that if Jigsaw injected a man with poison then that should be considered murder. If the man would have not found the antidote (which he did not) he would surely die.

THE GOOD: Like I have already said, the film is so emotional and dramatic that it kept me from seeing most of the crap until I thought about it afterwards and had read other people's reviews. I think the basic idea of the film was great and I honestly enjoyed the movie. I rated this film a seven right after watching it, and even though now it may deserve lower I must leave it at what it is.

UHF (1989)
A fun film and Weird Al's only one, 6 November 2010

I just finished watching the film today for my first time and i have to say it was an enjoyable film. I have been a fan of Weird Al since I was 11 or 12 years old and I consider him one of my favorite actors and singers. I was very excited to finally see Al's only film and I wish he could have done more. Of course he could still do movies today but if "UHF" had become popular Weird Al could have been in many more films afterwards. Anyway, let me get to the review.

So this film is basically a comedy film that tries to parody popular movies throughout the film. It is kind of like a classic Epic Movie or Scary Movie but much, much better. I didn't find everything funny, in fact some of the "comedy" was just stupid. Thankfully, there were funny moments that I will never forget. The oriental karate guy was hilarious and the spatula city and the buzzsaw scene were pretty funny. The first Uncle Nutzie scene made me laugh because Weird Al and the clown made me have a genuine feeling of sorrow for them because of how bad they failed. Of course, that scene was hilarious as well. There were of course absurd scenes that absolutely was unneeded and there was some below average acting but overrall this was a good movie that i will probably be watching again and again. If Weird Al was not in this film it would have been complete garbage, just saying.

WCW/NWO Revenge (1998) (VG)
For it's time it was an extremely well made wrestling game, 18 July 2010

Wow, this is one of the games that introduced me to professional wrestling.

When I was a little younger I really enjoyed this game. Now that all the new games look so realistic, this game looks like crap. Even though it may look like crap now, back when the N64 was popular this was a fun game and looked really cool. Therefore my review is based solely on the first few years it was around.

SO yes this was an all around fun game and very fun to play with friends. It had a Huge roster which was and still is unlike any roster on a wrestling game. You could also edit each character's costume and look which was always fun.

Since I don't really have much to say (except that it was great) I will end it here. Oh, and by the way now when I look back on this game I see wrestlers on he roster that I watch currently in wrestling such as Chris Jericho, Rey Mysterio, Finlay, and Booker T.