2 ReviewsOrdered By: Date
The Office: The List (2011)
Season 8, Episode 1
Transformation Complete
24 September 2011
As a fan of this show from Season 1, I approached this premiere with cautioned optimism. I was excited for the addition of James Spader.

Unfortunately, I have to say I was disappointed with this premiere. The main appeal of this show to me was the mockumentary aspect and that has been replaced with typical sitcom gags. This metamorphosis was inevitable. It is really hard to write a mockumentary for over seven seasons.

I hope this new season uses Spader as much as Steve Carell. His character has the potential to approach Michael Scott in terms of comedic relief.

I do not like Andy as manager. His character does not have the depth of Michael Scott or Robert California.

Funny moments include Dwight policing the office planking and Toby excusing himself from lunch.

I hope Ryan and Robert California interact soon.
12 out of 14 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
The Office: The Secret (2006)
Season 2, Episode 13
"Jim and I are great friends"
28 July 2010
At the end of the booze cruise episode, Jim, in a moment of alcohol induced weakness, confesses to Michael the nature of the Jim and Pam relationship, that Jim is in love with her. This episode addresses that situation. The entire premise is Jim going to any length to make sure his secret is kept a secret. This includes numerous interaction with Michael including a very funny lunch trip to Hooters. The subplot of this story deals with an employee calling in sick and Michael designating Dwight as the detective to figure out whether or not the employee truly is sick. This leads to one of the more revealing character development arcs to date in the series.

This episode contains many funny Michael and Dwight moments. It also gives new dynamic to the Jim-Pam relationship as Pam is told that Jim "used" to have feelings for her. I highly recommend this episode.
12 out of 12 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this