saadgkhan

Page 1 of 50:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [Next]

Forbidden Love killed a woman and injured the rest ... (Heart-Break Like No-Other), 23 January 2013

I've seen thousands of movies and shows but have never seen heartbreak like Ask-i-Memnu. In recent times I have not seen a love story like Aski- Memnu, which have left me dazed and devastated for months. I'm writing the whole story and my point of view on Aski- Memnu, which I have not stopped watching since I became aware of it. And YES I've watched every Behlül & Bihter's scenes more than anyone can imagine.

Aski Memnu is a tragic love story of a young woman "Bihter", who marries an older man "Adnan", whom her mother is eying as her second husband to take revenge on her mother who is responsible for her father's death. Adnan is a widower & Turkey's richest business man who lives with his teenage daughter and son. Behlül is Adnan's distanced cousin's son whom he provides home after his parents are passed away. Behlül is Casanova who use to date Bihter's elder sister and because of his reputation Bihter dislike Behlül and never talked to him. After Bihter's marriage to Adnan, Behlül and Bihter dislike each other as Behlül thinks she married his uncle for money and Bihter thinks Behlül is a heartless prick. The things change when certain set of events develop feeling in Behlül's heart towards Bihter. Bihter unaware of Behlül's feeling towards her also starts feeling inclined to him. This leads to a beginning of a forbidden heart breaking romance between Behlül and Bihter. This Forbidden romance kills a woman and injured the rest.

This bleak story I mentioned above doesn't do justice to painful suffering of Bihter "A Woman in Love with a Coward Man". I might have seen several movies and shows but have not seen a woman so much in pain as her. From beginning she is grieving for her father's sudden death which leads to her marriage to an old man and then a Forbidden Love affair with coward man who not for once stood up with her. Every time I was the ending, or Behul's cruel behavior towards Bihter I wish it didn't happened or there must be a way to change it, even if it's just a TV show its more real than anything I have ever seen. I have seen Behlül and Bihter's scenes several times again and again. And I'm still unable to understand how could a man who loved a man so much leaves her in so much pain and devastation.

Beren Saat's performance as Bihter has outdone all performances ever done by any actress in TV or cellulite history. As Bihter, her expressions changes every other minutes and sometimes in seconds. She is happy on front and in extreme pain inside which is visible in her eyes the entire time. Even when she tries to fight her mother to marry an old man or when unwontedly she falls for her husband's nephew. I've never seen a woman more in pain then her, she fall for a coward man who disappointed her on every occasion. She tries to break free of his charisma but falls right underneath it again and again. Just thinking about Bihter's heart break brings tears in my eyes. Conventionally we may are suppose to hate a woman who cheats on her husband with his Son like nephew but we can't. We see her struggling on every step and she tries to fight all odds against her. Even knowing that the man she loves isn't going to stand behind her. There are thousand times I think that she should not have committed suicide for this coward man but honestly there was no other way for her. She was in pain, a pain which was eating her soul and heart and the only way to put him through that pain was to make him finally realize that he even can't live without her.

It won't be wrong to say that Kivanc Tatlitug is one of the world's most beautiful men alive and his casting as Casanova lover Behlül is perfect. His performance is nothing but spectacular, first as Casanova lover, then as man on fire falling for his young aunt, then turning into this obsessive lover to eventually selfish lover and in the end to heartbroken for life lover is exceptional. We can't ignore his charisma, expressions and superb performance.

The chemistry between Beren Saat and Kivanc Tatlitug is magical, at least I have never seen chemistry like that ever and especially in TV shows it's not possible. Every day the moment they see each other there is this fire and unspeakable magic between them. Even when we see Bihter and Behlül hating each other in the start or when they feel attracted to each other and when they fall in love with each other and in the end when they fight. There are a still magical expressions, eyes and body languages which is rare and uncommon between two people. To understand how powerful their chemistry and performance is you have to watch their every scene multiple times. I swear Bihter and Behlül's every second's expression is a million dollar; even they are not in a scene together and hear each other's voice on phone or someone else even say their name. Their facial expression and eyes are not worthy. No wonder this show looks more than real than any reality show or documentary.

I've become obsessed with the show and its amazing cast, direction, writing, background music and production value. I think everyone should take time out to watch this incredible series as just like me you would have not seen woman like "Bihter" whose heart have been broken thousand times in to pieces and she still tries to fight again and again all alone for the coward lover who never can stand up to the world. Long after the series will be over this will haunt you as you've never seen a woman as broken as Bihter.

Total Recall (2012/I)
Total Recall a time-pass action bonanza, 26 December 2012

Total Recall - CATCH IT (B)

Total Recall is a remake of popular Arnold's movie which to be honest I didn't get it when they use to show it on Star movies. So finally we get the remake where Colin Farrell is fighting for poor in this post apocalyptic world.

Total Recall has tones of action, sci-fi CGI effect and fast paced story but the thing it lacked the most was Characterization. I didn't feel any sort of remorse that this guy doesn't know who he is or that these two young girls are fighting etc. Colin Farrel, Jessica Beil, Kate Beckinsale did a good job as they are good in action and it wasn't something they haven't done before.

In the end, it's enjoyable till the 3rd act, after that it's tedious but overall good time passes.

The Day (2011/I)
post-apocalyptic future with Cannibalists, strictly time pass, 26 December 2012

The day - CATCH IT (C+)

Canadian movie "The Day" is about a group of five survivors, armed with shotguns, axes and machetes, wander the back roads of a ravaged landscape looking for refuge in The Day, a terrifying look into a post-apocalyptic future. As war ravages humanity, destroying civilization and most of life on earth, the survivors realize they must do whatever it takes to stay alive. Lost, starving, and exhausted, they seek shelter in a seemingly safe abandoned farmhouse. However, while searching for food and resources, they unwittingly set off .

Sometimes the thing you hate the most, you end up watching. In this post-Apocalyptic world the villain is Cannibalists. From promos it looked like The Walking Dead's B Class version but instead of Zombies the Cannibalists are tearing people apart.

Ashley Bell, Shannyn Sossamon, Shawn Ashmore & Dominic Monaghanare alright. In the end, there is nothing exciting about it so simply time pass.

Could have been better, if it seemed realistic enough, 26 December 2012

The Campaign - Catch It (B-)

The Campaign is a new r-rated comedy starring Will Farrell and Zach Galifianakis. Let's be honest the movie is enjoyable and some crazy things goes down between these two but it losses sense most of the times. When things get completely out of control like getting bitten by snake and then running like crazy in jungle, eating raccoons etc.

Plus the ending was predictable from scene one, you just knew how it's going to end and it ends exactly like that. If only it had lowered the craziness and maintained realism of political campaign it would have been lot better. Will Farrell and Zach Galifianakis are great in their parts.

Overall, strictly time pass.

Predictable ..., 26 December 2012

Step Up: Revolution - CATCH IT (B-) Step Up Revolution is the next installment in the worldwide smash Step Up franchise, which sets the dancing against the vibrant backdrop of Miami. Emily (Kathryn McCormick) arrives in Miami with aspirations of becoming a professional dancer and soon falls in love with Sean (Ryan Guzman), a young man who leads a dance crew in elaborate, cutting-edge flash mobs, called "The Mob." When a wealthy business man threatens to develop The Mob's historic neighborhood and displace thousands of people, Emily must band together with Sean and The Mob to turn their performance art into protest art, and risk losing their dreams to fight for a greater cause.

Step up revolution lives up to its expectations as just like previous movies it had great dancing sequences and weak actors. This time around the Kathryn McCormick was simply terrible actress but incredible dancer. Ryan Guzman was like Sex on screen but after the 3rd part of the movie even he starts to bore you.

Overall, the only reason we watch Step up franchise for dances so they were well choreographed. So, watch it for dances and ignore all other things as we have been doing from Step Up days.

Talaash (2012)
A Thriller becomes Horror, acceptable for some and rejected by others, 26 December 2012

Talaash - CATCH IT (A-) Talaash is one of the most anticipated movies of 2012 and just like any Amir Khan's movie it created lots of buzz before its release. Even Talaash releasing date was almost a year delayed. The story is about a police officer who recently lost his young boy trying to maintain his family and figuring out the reason behind mysterious accident of a huge superstar.

Talaash is very intense movie from the start. The characters played by Amir Khan & Rani Mukerji are extremely intense. Kareena Kapoor's entry softens the tension, which is a good part. Amir Khan is as usual at his best, and its pleasing to see that he never compromise and does his part with perfection. Rani Mukerji is excellent as its good to see her doing a good movie after a long time. Kareena Kapoor looked stunningly beautiful and her presence is very strong. She owns her own in front of everyone.

In the end, Talaash is an intense thriller which may have been compared to Vidya Balan's Kahaani but the only similarity can be the suspense element of investigation. Ending is indeed shocking, which is mostly good and bad for few. Highly recommended.

Killer Joe (2011)
Mr.McConaughey will & ending will shock you, 26 December 2012

Killer Joe - CATCH IT (A-) Leave all your ideas, notions about Killer Joe outside the door because once you enter in Killer Joe's world its nothing like you had expected it to be. Killer Joe is a story about Emile Hirsch who hires a killer Joe (Matthew McConaughey) to kill his mother so he can get the insurance money and pay off his debt. He involves his dad, step-mom and teenage sister who is suppose to inherit the insurance. Now the problem is they don't have money to pay ahead of time to Killer Joe, Killer Joe refuses to negotiate but once he sees His young sister he tells them to offer her to him till the payment is paid. The immoral brother & father agree and that's when the Crazy, maniac Pedophile twisted mind of Killer Joe starts. The movie is quite enjoyable as we haven't seen such immoral characters in a long time and the ending which may leaves major loopholes is shocking, regardless of that. Matthew McConaughey is superb as maniac pedophile serial killer/Cop. Emile Hirsch is superb and apparently he is made for Indi movies. Juno Temple is great, this girl is been around from a long time but haven't got her recognition. Thomas Hayden Church is really good along with Gina Gershon.

In the end, Killer Joe is twisted, immoral and shockingly dark and hilarious at the same time.

Looper (2012)
Looper is a surprise scifi winner, not ambiguous like Prometheous, 11 December 2012

Looper - CATCH IT (A-)

Looper turns out to be the most surprising and suspenseful sci-fi of the year. The shock value definitely relies in strong screenplay and performances by all actors. The director who brought the best out of Joseph Gordon-Levitt in Brick almost a decade ago has done it again.

Joseph Gordon-Levitt is getting better and better which each release. Emily Blunt is an unusual casting for playing southern mother trying to protect her child but I think it's really refreshing to see her doing something contemporary and not indie. Bruce Willis is great this time around. In supporting cast Piper Perabo, Paul Dano, Jeff Daniels, Noah Segan and young kid Peirce Gagnon did a fine job.

In the End, Looper is an interesting concept and much much easier to understand. With some really interesting twists and turns it's quite entertaining.

Not as bad as critics say it is..., 10 December 2012

The Odd Life of Timothy Green – CATCH IT (B) The Odd Life of Timothy Green is about parents who were unable to have a child and decided to write everything they want in their child on paper and buried in their garden. That night in a mysterious storm a child emerges from the ground where they buried the wooden box enter into their life as their son. This child has everything they wanted in their kid and also leaves on his feet.

First of all The Odd Life of Timothy Green is not as bad as critics say that is. It may be at times gets very melodramatic at times or super cheerful but it works as a good time pass clean family movie. Jennifer Garner is always so nice to watch, she never disappoints. Joel Edgerton has been good support in it and both of them looked believable even in this magical sort of movie. CJ Adams as Timothy Green is a charmer and it won't be wrong to say that his innocence and purity is the best part of the movie.

In the end, Timothy Green is a good time pass family movie and its little sad in the end as everyone must of have known and seen the Two Kids crying Out loud for Timothy on You Tube video.

Brave (2012)
Red Haired Princess wins hearts, 10 December 2012

Brave – CATCH IT (B+) For the first time Pixar decided to make their main protagonist to be a female character. Brave is not like a typical Pixar movie it's more like Disney' princess story though their princess is not naive as usually Disney's princess are. She is Brave & willing to fight for what she wants.

The other thing which makes Brave unusual is that it's about a mother, daughter relationship rather than a love story and this is a rare thing for a princess's movie. As usual the animation and especially the red curly hairs are amazing. Brave maybe little weak in story but is sure entertaining.

Overall, I would say Brave is stunningly gorgeous and a must seen.

Page 1 of 50:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [Next]