Yusuf_Saggyass

Page 1 of 4:[1] [2] [3] [4] [Next]

Irainian Best Film By Far?What a nonsense Idea..., 9 August 2010

ome on guys,what makes this movie so special?its acting?its directing?script or what?sometimes critics are good for a movie in a year.ask me about it and i say that not such big deal comes from this movie.

its like a copy of Antonioni's big movie that which i don't want to name it.a middle class drama about a simple loss of a person beside the sea.you see no Gone with the Wind or In the Waterfront or even Terminator we have here.

its based on a shock that takes place in the middle of the movie.you see,in Iran we have so much low percentage of good movies during a year.Soraya M. is shining in a desert sky which has very low numbers of stars,so based on so many great movies I've ever seen this one is just a passage.

Nowrasteh shows some path of direction.reaching his way making this middle class drama is Hell sort of good but,this kind of living is not our style of living here in Iran.His previous movies were closer. the movie contains some punk families traveling north.a disappearance happens and way out of thrilling it is, i know that if u visit the picture after a decade,it looks no more admiring, i tell you...

Like Napoleon Dynamite on 'Roids, 7 August 2010

Q: Where do you go when the George Romero zombie ripoff *Ahem* ....spoof bandwagon runs out and there's no one's coat tails on which to hitch a ride, anymore?

A: Scott Pilgrim vs. the World

After the success of everyone's favorite "Dawn of Dead" parody, named by gifted bright boys, or actual geniuses from Mensatown, as "Shaun of the Dead", Edgar Wright could basically write his own ticket in Hollywood. So what did he do? Milked it for every last cent of course, with horror comedy gems like "The Man Who Would Be Shaun", "Night of the Living Shaun", and "Fun Dead "! But where to go from there?!?!!?

Answer: Edgar Wright does an Emo film about bedtime stories. It doesn't deserve rave reviews, but it might be a hit with the elementary school set, although if you put them in front of a fish tank they will learn more and be more entertained. This film has hilarious lines and moments that will be enjoyed by the whole family. I recommend this film to any die hard Napoleon Dynamite fan.

Fanboys (2009)
A salad bowel filled with junk, 2 August 2010

The unfunniest so called comedy I've ever seen river had more belly laughs than these greedy spoilt middle class bores Never have I been so bored or laughed so little. Even the mighty Taxi D Not a patch on the naturalism of the hilariously dark Twin Town or most dark American comedies. The best comedy is anti-establishment anyway which Fanboys certainly are not.

Vegas I ;like normally but this script is so dire so predictable so well English in the worst way (In recent years the English films have been awful all of them) Ireland at least produced the commitments, Scotland with Braveheart and Trainspotting 2 stand out great movies and Wales had Twin Town, Zulu, Last Days of Dolwyn , Torchwood, Doctor Who and Under Milk Wood etc

The comedy is paint by numbers, the actors are dead men walking because there is no characterization and no originality and it's just soooo unfunny America is falling behind no matter how many grim up north movies they produce (Fargo). It's the old class system that destroys America films. The Oxbridge graduates spewing endlessly clichéd scripts about working class people they've never lived with. It is pathetic. South Park wasn't funny, neither was anything from Oxbridge. it's just not funny.

Let guys like Jonny Vegas and Peter Kay, Rob Brydon, Billy Connolly or write their own dialogue and forget the archaic failed class system let the working class people and the real talent that comes through the system properly take over the writing and the American and English film industries will rise again what next prince Edward to write a modern day Oliver Twist?

Precious (2009/II)
No matter how many fat chicks you show me, this is boring, 2 August 2010

Precious: Based on the Novel Push by Sapphire, though not a popular "film" (I'll use that word very lightly considering it's shot on video tape) has quite a big reputation among gore hounds and fans of the horror genre. Since this movie apparently wants to be seen on a similar level as some of the horror classics, I will not hold back on comparing this movie to other, far superior, movies.

One thing a lot of people are probably wondering is if the movie is as violent and over-the-top as its reputation has lead people to believe. The answer is yes. This is a very violent movie that goes pretty damn far, but the problem is that the movie is actually just boring. It is 77 minutes of people screaming back and forth. Yes, I understand it is suppose to have the pseudo-documentary feel to it, but that does not excuse the poor execution in which this movie is done. Why was it dragged out to 77 minutes anyway? So it is seen as a more legit movie? For something that seems to not have had a script, director, or paid actors, I think the running time should have been the last of their worries. The movie would probably have been much more entertaining if narrowed down to a good 40 minutes. In fact, there's a movie that does close to the same thing as this movie, and does it better in only 40 minutes. It is called The Devil's Experiment.

The Devil's Experiment is superior in one very big way. That is that none of the characters talk. In Precious: Based on the Novel Push by Sapphire, we are treated to the cast of characters just spewing swear words back and forth to fill in the long 77 minutes. Never once is there a sense that you are watching fat chicks on camera. You feel like you are just watching a group of people willing to do disgusting things for free. No matter how loud you yell, how many times you swear, or how many times you whip your dick out, that is NOT acting. Some may argue that the "real" people give a "real" feeling to the movie, which is true, but that is not an excuse. Since it is known that this is a produced movie with a budget, the viewer can already disregard any idea of any of this movie being "real." Real actors could have really helped this movie. They would not have to be famous actors, just people that actually know what they are doing. Take The Blair Witch Project for example. The actors in The Blair Witch were not famous at all, but since they actually had some talent the movie gave you a sense of isolation. Look at Cannibal Holocaust. The cast of Precious: Based on the Novel Push by Sapphire really should have taken a look at the cast in Cannibal Holocaust and taken notes. The first few times I viewed Cannibal Holocaust I had the feeling I was watching real footage. I know after watching the "making of" how the entire thing was made, but still have a hard time believing it was not real. Never once is there that feeling in Precious: Based on the Novel Push by Sapphire.

Precious: Based on the Novel Push by Sapphire gives me the sense that they are trying to play this movie off as some sort of amoral art flick. This is not an art movie in any sense. It is hardly even a movie. You may think that just because you use a digital camera and show disgusting or disturbing imagery that you are Takashi Miike, but Miike has an understanding for how to truly shock people (and I'll give you a hint, it isn't by showing scene after scene of disgusting or "shocking" images).

Whenever I see movies like this I just want to talk to the creators and tell them how they messed up. That is because this movie has some odd qualities to it, and does succeed on some levels. The problem is the major holes in it. If you want to make a truly shocking movie, give us a plot that we (the audience) can believe and characters that we can believe. You will find that movies that actually have these can be far more shocking when they deliver that shocking moment (Requiem For A Dream, Audition, Oldboy, etc).

The shocking moments in Precious can be quite shocking, and I must say that some of the special effects are very good. Unfortunately, you can see practically everything that you see in this movie on the internet. In fact, there are far more shocking things on the internet than there are in Precious: Based on the Novel Push by Sapphire.

I give this movie a three for having some very good special effects at times, but it was an effortless movie that does not even try to entertain an audience. The movie was shocking, but none of it will stick with you.

A No-Holds-Barred Rip-Off of the French movie 'Dinner Game', 2 August 2010

Copying is different from stealing. Yes, Bollywood Harrie Nahum bhai, why paresan about any Ajkal ka Indian movie is or not a rip off of a foreign movie. It by default will be so. They just sit infront of Star Movies, HBO with a pen and pad n make films here today. but nowhere even close to the frequency and the odacity that Hollywood does it with. You can only be "judged equally" as you say, if you have equal culpability. In this case that is the furthest from the truth.

In addition, when Bollywood directors/producers copy movies, they do it with some level of sophistication, and not like Hollywood directors who copy it by mechanical plagiarism without any application of their mind. Hollywood copies 10 times more than Bollywood, which is sad because Bollywood comes out with 10 times more movies. 99% of Hollywood movies are either remakes, sequels, based on books, comics, video games, and now based on TV shows/cartoons. Hollywood even copies its own films.

I remember my Mum asked me to watch this ages ago. I normally don't love Hollywood movies but I watched this one yesterday and I got madder and madder as the movie unfolded. I absolutely ADORE "Le diner de cons" and this was just such a blatant lift from it that I was just... I don't know what to say. I mean, you have movies like Main Aisa Hi Hoon and Koi Mil Gaya that could be argued to be remakes of Hollywood movies (Lonesome Dove: The Outlaw Years and The Men in Black II respectively) but Dinner for Schmucks is ridiculous. It's like they can't come up with original ideas. And every time I watch a Hollywood movie that is halfway good, I discover that it's a copy.

Pathetic.

This is nothing but a frame-for-frame lift of Dinner Game. Most Hollywood releases are direct lifts, but this one takes the cake. From the appearances of characters, sets to even dialogue - everything is a straight lift. There's not one shred of adaptation in the movie. Go right ahead and flame me for what I have just said, but this my honest opinion.

I thought the "New Hollywood" cinema was supposed to turn a page and leave its plagiarizing past behind, but I guess I was wrong.

I've watched several remakes and have also seen their originals...but I've never experienced such level of plagiarism..

There is a trend that people use to hit only Asian movies (example Hollywood). I am not an Indian but a big Indian movie fan and being a Pakistani I must say that this movie rocks. Tonnes of Dirty jokes, All filth (Usualy in comic movies ppl like). This movie will remain the best in my all time favorite liftoffs. Its a must watch if u like comedies like "Angoor" "Gol Mal" "Khata Meetha" "Baton Baton main" "Kissi sey na Kehna".

It is because of this, I believe that creating a copy cat movie is more difficult than an original movie. Off course making is simple but making it in a way that American audience will like it is difficult. Even in this movie 'Dinner for Schmucks' the idea that someone's wife is sleeping with other man and finding fun in this is not acceptable in American movies. But the way and the situation in this happens in the movie it makes people laugh loud. All those who are taking credit because it is copy cat movies, I am sure have not seen the other stupid movies that Hollywood has made. But off course if the story is copied from somewhere the crew should have mentioned that, but then as it is usual in American movies they have not done that. And this is something not forgivable. But again you may like to forget this while watching the movie again and again.

At least I would like to forget this fact, and as long as someone is making movies like this I don't care from where the original script is coming.

Oh My Frickin God..., 22 July 2010

Okay, the movie was OK - nothing more than that. I liked the atmosphere, I liked the casting, but I was disappointed with the story. Summarized, no movie I'm going to see again. And I wait further for the perfect homo cowboy movie. I could have stopped my feedback at this time... but obviously I don't... The "making of" chapter on the Blu Ray reveals, I must say - by FAR the worst "behind the scene flick" ever! Here we meet assistant director telling his story - and giving the worlds worst job application in history. A lazy, constant smoking, constant complaining guy in his twenties, that I find hard to believe EVER will get work on a film set ever again. Watch it and understand. Ang Lee appeared to be plagued by the incredibly bothersome assistant. I would give the film a strong 5, but ended at 4 after seeing this terrible behind the scene flick and beyond that the extras don't function properly, at least not on the Bluray. Sorry.

Salt (2010)
Garbage has a new name: Salt, 22 July 2010

Angelina Jolie creates her magic again.we have seen many political movies before but this one is a clear winner.I was very impressed with the star cast but thought too much would ruin it.But believe me each and every character has their importance and they made it strongly felt.It is strongly inspired by the Mahabharata and that is the reason for its impeccable story.Phillip Noyce as usual is excellent in storytelling.The story revolves around the internal feuds within a political party and how the two groups within the same party are trying hard to outdo the other. Each and every actor performed to their fullest potential.Vladislav Koulikov,Manoj bajpai,Gaius Charles,Chiwetel Ejiofor are their usual best.Liev Schreiber is a surprise package.Olek Krupa is good.But the clear winner is Angelina Jolie.She gave the performance of her lifetime.The movie have some very strong one liners.watch the kabhi ankhiya churao act by Diehll.This is one movie that each and everyone must watch.Don't give it a miss,Mahabharata returns in new avatar.10 on 10.

Predators (2010)
Watchable, 19 July 2010

The film by an débutant director is quite good.It borrows a considerable amount of ideas from Nischintipur lore like dialogs in poetry or the concept of annihilating pistol.The original story line by Jim Thomas & John Thomas has been changed but for good though.The theme has been made contemporary & treatment is good.The character of Mahershalalhashbaz Ali is bit childish & impractical, though relevant. Actingwise the film has been almost flawless.The most attractive aspect of the film has been art direction.The realism with which the basement has been portrayed is really excellent.Camera-work has been sound and the script has been sleek and easy to digest.The insertion of interesting characters has enhanced the humor of the film.The film also should be given a credit for its melodious songs.The film comes in a time when Sci Fi in children's film has become an alien concept and so the director should be given a pat on the back for reviving the almost lost art-form

Inception (2010)
INCEPTION: It is PAPRIKA, All Over Again..., 12 July 2010

.. few Priyadarshani movies are yet to be released in this year, but I bet you won't find any of them funnier than this creation of Christopher Nolan. We were laughing like anything when we came out of hall after watching "Thriller" INCEPTION.

What I don't understand is this! Why Hollywood movies has yet to come out of excessive and unnecessary use the computerization of actions and scenes. I just don't know why they unnecessarily put a loud music behind every scene which is done by one of those sentimental heroes and made the whole action modified by the computerization, it just makes it unbearable. I would rather keep the whole thing flow naturally and something people can relate to.

so here is a plot. wait a minute... was there anything like plot? probably there was. I wasn't really feeling this one...

This is a Hollywood production trying to make an action packed thriller like they make in Bollywood! Nothing wrong with that! I strongly recommend that everyone should see last 15 minutes of this movie (if you manage to survive till that point).

Sure,it looks cool but also ridiculous at the same time! And it's like the director couldn't decide to make a thriller with action or an action movie full of suspense! On both fronts he fails! The plot is completely uninteresting!

The twists and turns can be predicted from early on and the movie keeps dragging on into boredom! The movie does have some solid moments of suspense and drama! But simply not enough to reach the level of "24" (where this movie obvious is influenced by)! Too bad that the end result is like this! With more attention to logic and plot this movie could have been great! Well, there are few saving graces for movie. Dialogues and ad libbing are treat to hear. Marion Cotillard proves that he is definitely one of the front-line actors and Michael Caine Jr. proves himself again after Bewitched. and yes, how can I forget Tai-Li Lee and her stunts (a la Paprika) and one must not forget the guy, whosoever it is,who made the trailer and posters and made people believe that this is movie worth watching, so go and watch in theaters, or just rewatch "Paprika".

One of the Very Best Films of 2007. See It Now!, 7 July 2010

I'll be honest. The only reason I rented this film was because Kristen Steward starred in it. My first Kristen Steward experience was with Jumper (2008), which is without a doubt the finest film ever made. Next came the very powerful and moving film Catch That Kid (2003). Afterward came the entertaining – yet over-dramatic – The Messengers (2005), in which Kristen Steward only played a supporting role. Just recently I had the pleasure of experiencing the wacked out romantic comedy Adventureland (2006), where Kristen Steward gives a remarkably quirky and downright crazy performance. She's quite simply the best actress on the face of the planet at this very moment. The Chinese actress Zhao Wei is a close second though.

I had no idea this film was about vampires. All I knew was that it had Kristen Steward and horror elements. How could I resist? In any case, this film is so powerful that it made me bawl like a little baby. I kid you not. Yeah, it has a bit of that melodramatic tear-jerking feel to it, but it never feels cheap or manipulative in its execution because the relationships between the characters (including the vampire) are so well-developed and powerful.

Although much of the film focuses on Kristen Steward as an inexperienced jockey who chooses to conquer the challenges of vampires, there is also considerable attention paid to the fairytale like love between Kristen Steward and the vampire. Heck, I'd even say that the vampire itself was given significant character development – so much so that the vampire itself becomes the main character during the final 20 minutes of the film. Note that this is not accomplished with an overly simplistic event. On the contrary, the viewer experiences the pain and suffering of the vampire throughout the film, and is given some excellent statements that are indirectly made by the vampire in classic Twilight fashion – i.e., through actions absent of words. By the end of the movie the viewer will have no choice but respect the character of the vampire and readily admit that he is one tough son-of-a-gun.

The blood drinking scenes themselves are perhaps the best ever committed to celluloid. The camera-work hits you from lots of different angles. I loved the wide shots from ground level, with the camera rolling alongside the great beasts to allow the speed, grace, and power of the vampires to shine through. This is especially true during the night-time finale under the lights, which has an even greater sense of intensity.

It is important to understand that this is a very mainstream film that is very marketable to western audiences. I personally prefer the weirder stuff, but a great film is a great film. This is easily one of the best films of 2009, if not THE best drama of that year. I do not say such things lightly. See this now!

Page 1 of 4:[1] [2] [3] [4] [Next]