kimmoth

Gravity (2013)
It's a shame the words 'epic' and 'awesome' no longer mean anything, 6 October 2013

This isn't a SF movie, but hard SF fans will be in raptures.

It's more of an alternate history, but whatever. Who cares.

What matters is the fact that when you go and see this on the big screen in 3D you will be absolutely transported and mesmerised, and on the edge of your seat for something like 88 of its 90 minutes.

I'm sure it'd be quite compelling on the small screen too, but if you don't catch this while it's screening, you'll be missing out big time.

I was initially going to rate it 9/10, merely because a 10/10 is less credible and there's a chance I failed to notice something that'd bring it down, but no - I can't do it. It has to get a 10/10, because I can't imagine it being one iota better.

This film is as good as Moon (2009). Perfect.

"Rake" (2010)
One of Australia's best shows, 10 September 2012

I was overjoyed to hear this show is back, and stunned to realise I'd forgotten about it (although it's been a year without a season).

Being reminded of its existence, let alone the prospect of another season, was enough to cause uncontrollable grinning.

I love everything about it. The production values, the writing, the casting, the acting, it's all superb. But what I love most about it is the show's timbre; its aim and stance; its beautifully human angle. Many bonus points also for the regular moments of absolute hilarity.

After watching the first episode of the second season, I can't wait for next week... this will get the long months waiting for the final instalment of Breaking Bad off to a good start.