cosmo_tiger

Page 1 of 126:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [Next]

A really fun movie to watch and a good way to spend an hour and a half without having to think too hard., 18 May 2015

"What your talking about is a one way street. Once you start there is no going back." Charlie Wolfe (Pegg) is a professional hit man that has just been given a job to kill the wife of a client. What he thinks will be an easy job soon becomes harder when he realizes he isn't the only one trying to kill her. This movie had flashes, and reminded me a little of Pulp Fiction. The way the movie skipped around and you got more backstory with each successive scene, while the movie is moving forward at the same time. This is not the typical Simon Pegg role, but he was a good choice for this. The movie took a generic hit-man idea and really did something with it to make it feel new and exciting. This is nothing all that amazing, but it is a really fun movie to watch and a good way to spend an hour and a half without having to think too hard. Overall, exciting and entertaining. A fun rental that is worth seeing. I give this a B.

Better than expected and get better the farther into the movie it got., 18 May 2015

"The wounds of honor are self inflicted." Raiden (Owen) is loyal to his master Bartok (Freeman). Together the men rule fairly and justly. After a sadistic ruler takes over and dishonors Bartok the land is changed. Now, looking to avenge his master Raiden begins a quest of honor. I have never been a huge fan of medieval movies. They are OK, but nothing all that exciting for me. The fact that this one had Morgan Freeman and Clive Owen in it had me interested. I have to tell you that Morgan Freeman is in this for about 10 minutes so that was disappointing. As for the rest of the movie it really got better the more it went on. This is nothing amazing but for someone who isn't a big fan of this genre I thought this was OK. If you are a fan of these types of movies you will really enjoy this. Overall, better than expected and get better the farther into the movie it got. I give this a B-.

The Forger (2014)
Not as good as I hoped. The Best Offer was a way better movie., 18 May 2015

"If you had one wish, what would you wish for?" Raymond (Travolta) is tired of being in prison and will do anything to get out. He finally finds a way, by making a deal with a criminal. If they let him out he must pull of an impossible heist in return. Backed into a corner Raymond, his father (Plummer) and his son must do the impossible or face dire consequences. This is a movie I was looking forward to. It sounded interesting and I love heist movies. I am not a huge fan of Travolta but I was still excited about this. I was disappointed. This was really just a paint by numbers movie with nothing all that new or original. You can see the end coming a mile away and that takes all the fun out of the movie. Some people may like this but I was pretty disappointed. Overall, not as good as I hoped. The Best Offer was a way better movie. I give this a C+.

A very good movie that is worth the accolades it received. I did think Enemy at the Gates was a better sniper movie though., 17 May 2015

"You can only circle the flames so long." Chris Kyle (Cooper) is an elite sniper. The deadliest sniper in American history. His feats have made him a legend. When he returns home from battle it is harder to adjust than he expected. This is a movie that is pretty much review proof. Millions have seen it, everyone else has heard about it. I was late in seeing this so I had all the hype behind it in my mind before I even started this. I will start by saying I am not a huge Bradly Cooper fan, but this is by far his best role. This is the first movie I have seen him in where I thought he was a very good actor. The one downside of this movie is that I wish there was more sniping scenes. There is a lot of war scenes but the actual sniping isn't really a focus. All that said this is a very good movie that I enjoyed, even with all the hype behind it. I didn't think it was as good as I have heard, but my son also said this is the best movie ever...that may have had something to do with it. I do recommend this though. Overall, a very good movie that is worth the accolades it received. I did think Enemy at the Gates was a better sniper movie though. I give this an A-.

A funny and dark movie that I enjoyed but it defiantly not a main stream movie and will not be for everyone., 15 May 2015

"As a new member of the rich and famous I simply don't have time for the pain." Alice (Wiig) is a socially awkward woman who sees a shrink and takes pills and watches Oprah in order to make it through the day. When she wins the lottery her life changes and she does the one thing she has always wanted to do, host a talk show. The show is all about her and she starts to air her dirty laundry to the world. When she goes too far things change for her again, but this time for the worse. Kristen Wiig has really started to find her own voice in movies. Moving away from the generic SNL skits she has chosen more intelligent comedies. Some of them have been hit or miss. This one, while a comedy still has the somewhat depressing ideas that she has become known for. All that said I will admit that I did like this and in terms of acting this is Wiig's best role to date. I think it is only a matter of time before she finds a part that will get her an Oscar nomination. As far as the movie goes I liked it, but it's not for everyone. Overall, a funny and dark movie that I enjoyed but it defiantly not a main stream movie and will not be for everyone. I give it a B.

The Gunman (2015)
This isn't the worst assassin movie I've seen, but it's certainly not the best. Not terrible, but I lost interest pretty quickly., 15 May 2015

"I didn't want to do this anymore." Terrier (Penn) is a very successful assassin. After taking out the minister of mines of the Congo he goes into hiding and tries to start a new life. Years later he returns to the Congo with another organization and finds out that some people haven't forgotten what he did. Terrier must now return to his old ways in order to save his own life. I love assassin movies. They are usually exciting, tense and full of action. There have been a few exceptions, but for the most part I have liked them all. This is one of the exceptions. I think Sean Penn is a great actor and does amazing work, I think personally though he is boring and takes himself a little too serious. That comes across in this movie. He seems to not be having fun and enjoying himself in this movie and it really comes across on screen. I'm sure many people will enjoy this one but to me the fact that he seemed that way was distracting to me and took me out of the movie. The added point of him having a debilitating brain condition was also distracting and really was unnecessary. All that said this isn't the worst assassin movie I have seen, but it's certainly not the best. Overall, nothing terrible, but I lost interest pretty quickly in this. I give it a C+.

An OK movie that really lost steam the longer it went on. This is worth seeing, but really not more than once., 15 May 2015

"This isn't a lab experiment. This is a person. You're talking about bringing a person back from the dead." Zoe (Wilde) and Frank (Duplass) are scientists working on a secret experiment that has a surprising effect. When they bring a dog back to life they are told to stop all testing. They don't listen and when an accident leaves Zoe dead Frank only has one thing in mind. But when Zoe comes back things are different. This is a movie that has a really neat idea and started off really interesting and I was into it. Little be little the movie started to drag and get repetitive. The end got a little cheesy and generic. All this said though it wasn't that bad and is worth watching, but do not expect anything too amazing and scary. Overall, an OK movie that really lost steam the longer it went on. This is worth seeing, but really not more than once. I give this a B-.

Lovesick (2014/I)
A movie I did like and was a little more than your typical run of the mill rom-com., 15 May 2015

"We all go a little crazy when we fall in love." Charlie Darby (LeBlanc) is a well liked principal but has troubles when it comes to falling in love. The minute he thinks he is in love he becomes instantly jealous and his mind messes with him. Any little thought makes him nervous and sets him off. He decides to never fall in love again, but when he meets Molly (Larter) his plans change. This isn't a terrible movie and I did like it. Like most romantic comedies it follows the cookie cutter formula but this one actually has a little something different to make it seem fresh. It takes aspects of many well known rom-coms and adds a little twist to them making it funny, heartfelt and stressful. Overall, a movie I did like and was a little more than your typical run of the mill rom-com. A good date movie. I give this a B.

Fans of the series will love this. I liked this more than I expected and I thought it was the 2nd best in the series., 15 May 2015

"This time it ain't just about being fast." Brian (Walker) has moved on from his fast lifestyle and is settling into fatherhood. When the brother of an old enemy shows up for revenge Brian, Dom (Diesel) and the rest of the gang are thrown back into the furious world they have come to know. This is a movie that is pretty much review proof. Being the 7th movie in a series it already has a built in audience, as well as those that want to see this because it's Paul Walker's last movie. I have to start off by saying that I have never been a fan of these movies. They are just too over the top and cheesy for me to fully get into. All that said I do have to admit that this is the 2nd best in the series I think (after Fast 5). The stunts are very over the top, but not as bad as the last one. The real downfall of this movie is Vin Diesels dialog…it's so bad. The one liners made me laugh rather than having the dramatic effect he was going for. Again though this is review proof and you will either see it because you have seen the rest, or you won't for the same reason. I will say that the ending was very nice and really closed the movie (and series) up nicely…but they are making another one, because god forbid they end this. Overall, fans of the series will love this. I liked this more than I expected and I thought it was the 2nd best in the series. I give it a B.

This a a movie where words can't do it justice, just watch this and take in the performance of Julianne Moore., 11 May 2015

"I wish I had cancer." Alice (Moore) is a professor at a prestigious university. When she is blindsided with a diagnosis of early onset Alzheimer's Disease her life and the life of her family is rocked. Alice tries to keep her life and memory together while slowly fading away. I was looking forward to this movie. Julianne Moore is a great actress and the subject of this movie seemed very important. I have to say that although this is a very, very good movie with great acting it is also one of the most depressing movies I have seen in a while. This is defiantly one to not miss, but it is a film you can really only watch once. The performance is heartbreaking and really shows why Moore is one of the top actresses today. This a a movie where words can't do it justice, just watch this and take in the performance of Julianne Moore. Overall, a great performance in a very good movie. I recommend this for the performance alone. I did however think the movie Barney's Version was better. I give this an A-.

Page 1 of 126:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [Next]