Change Your Image
Upload An Image
Crop And Save
Dragon Age: Inquisition (2014)
Amazing game, but could have done some things better
So, this is no doubt an awesome game. The vast areas to explore, the amount of content, the characters, even the story. Yet I can't help but feel what could have been done better. And there are quite a few things.
1) Atmosphere. I wish Bioware had kept that dark fantasy setting for Dragon Age II and Inquisition. It worked so well for Origins. That was one of the main things that made Origins so memorable to me.
2) More cutscenes. The shortage of cutscenes, even in just regular conversations, was disappointing.
3) Pointless/uninteresting filler quests. Those quests that have you gather resources or kill a few soldiers. And there were so many of them. I can't help but feel they should have had less of that and invested more time and effort in letting us actually explore some of the war table quests that we only got to read about and not do ourselves. Going to Denerim, for example. Or investigating the tunnels in the Frostback Mountains. Anything with even a hint of real story to it.
4) Lack of revisiting old locations from Origins. I get they wanted to give us new areas to explore, but many fans (myself included) wanted to see another place or two from Origins and see what it's like now. That nostalgia factor. I'm glad we got Redcliffe, but they could have made it look at least a LITTLE more like it did in Origins, so it's actually recognizable. And they could've added more things to do in Redcliffe. Maybe even allow us to visit the castle outside of that one quest.
5) More things to do in a couple of areas. The Fallow Mire has it worst, I think. There's one main quest, one or two smaller quests and nothing else, outside of rifts, pretty much. They could have done so much more with, what I think is, one of the more interesting areas in the game. The Storm Coast and Forbidden Oasis are the other two I felt seriously lacked in things to do.
6) Perhaps a little more depth in the class specializations. Mages, especially. Compared to the depth of the mage class in Origins, this one is severely disappointing.
Again, awesome game, and these things I listed would've all made the game perfect. But not every game can be perfect, so I am happy with what we did get. Already look forward to the next game!