Raghavibaggy-Drawers

Page 1 of 9:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [Next]

Just a hollow empty shell, 15 December 2014

These series of Exodus: Gods and Kings are just so funny. Believe me, have a drink, get in the mood and just laugh your socks off at the over-the-top macho bull s***. It's so funny. They must have employed the worst script-writers of the Rambo movies. They've combined them with the best, most outlandish bits of "THERMAE ROMAE" and "THERMAE ROMAE II" (they've even stolen lines from these I'm sure)but the result is just awesome entertainment and humor. HA HA HA! Characters are all one-sided, the plots are so thin you can see what's coming an hour away but...that just makes it better. It's so cra..y but good at the same time.

If you want real Rome and Roman society, see THERMAE ROMAE II which was infinitely more complex. But I suppose they had to dumb it down for the plebs and American teenagers to understand. Well they have, and they've done a good job of it if entertainment is all you are after. I'm enjoying being an adolescent again. Enjoy.

Plagiarism..Plagiarism... Everywhere, 15 December 2014

Literally, each and every character, most of the action scenes, and dialogs in the film are inspired, or say blatantly copied from the Japanese Battle Royale II film.. You name a character, you got him in this film. Even the background score is lifted from BR and BR2. And the worst part is that this plagiarism didn't pay off in the end. The screenplay was very poor. Action sequences looked too much fabricated, super slow, and lacked depth. It's a congery of B-grade visual effects, melodrama, and toothless humor.

Final word: If you're are an eleven year old with no Hollywood experience, it's a treat for you. Or else, don't bother watching it.

A competent, but unexceptional old-school masala movie., 27 October 2014

I had heard good things about Colour It Yellow, but what I got was a big disappointment. The story is hardly coherent, and it actually seems like at least two different movies were conflated into one. The young woman from England who comes to India to make a documentary about her grandfather's diary which was written in the 1920s about the Indian Independence with five young men had absolutely nothing to do with the rest of the story.

The first hour and seven or eight minutes were very, very dull, and made all the worse by a really terrible botched editing job. There were a couple of decent fights (mostly involving the girl), but nothing to get worked up about. Then, suddenly, in the last 20 minutes, we get a lot of great dance numbers and sequences. The final dance number is passable, but not great. The end is too abrupt.

I rate most of the movie a "3" out of 10, but because of the last 20 minutes, I'll generously award it an overall rating of 5.

After watching one of the greatest drama movies ever, Bhaag Milkha Bhaag, it was very anti-climactic to see the same director, Rakesh Omprakash Mehra, make such a royal mess out of Colour It Yellow. I wouldn't be at all surprised to learn that most of the movie was done by some hack, and only a few scenes were actually Rakesh Omprakash Mehra's work.

Epic is the word, 7 August 2014

First and foremost this movie is not for everyone. It was evident when by one hour 25% of the theater became empty. But what they missed!!! Its a 3 hours movie (not very uncommon in bollywood) and every minute was different from the other. It was like watching a very Indian classical concert where they start off slow and then keep building the flow and then break the walls of the music theater with their crescendo at the end. Its not a movie with linear plot, a very complex story spanning between centuries and places and if someone asks me what the story was, honestly I wont be able to narrate (they can read the book though which is a masterpiece). The visualizations were amazing be it in the ship or Neo Seoul, the sound effects completely shook hand with the visualization. The acting was great, costumes were great (seemed a little fake at times). The fight sequences, romance (both varieties), music all were well so well mixed in the film that it was like a nice giant cocktail. If you are a fan of movies where you can not decide which genre it belongs to then you should just not miss it.

"Aliens vs. Ninjas" gets an uncredited Remake, 7 August 2014

If you enjoyed "Aliens vs. Ninjas" (2010),then you'll enjoy "Cowboys & Aliens" (2011) also. True enough,the movie doesn't have state of the art special effects ,as does the original, and the English translations may be off, but the movie makes up for that with good action and fight sequences that make you almost wish you were a cowboy. Plays out like a goofy live action anime with the extra hilarity that naturally comes with it.

But definitely not a serious movie if you are looking for something with substance. 3 stars for effects, fight scenes, humor, and funny characters.

Beautifully misunderstood..., 31 July 2014

Bong really showed some 'cojones' when he had this movie made. He went to America working under a contract from the most lavish studio (MGM) and he made the most damning portrait of American society i've ever seen.

The subsequent burial by the studio is understandable, after such a whopping investment and dismal return. It is sad that people don't get to see this film any more as i believe Bong has been proved right. Here he predicts the end of the Neocon rights movement in the politics of America. Everyone is much more interested in what goes into their pockets and the relentless expansion of living space into the inhospitable (yet beautiful) ice fields and beyond. How i would love to see interest in this film re-kindled and a lavish uncensored DVD release.

I beseech people to watch Snowpiercer with an open mind and an open heart. We have a genuinely unique film commenting on a turning point in the history our ravaged planet, and we have forgotten about it.

An unexpected gem.

Unnecessary BATTLE ROYALE Remake, 25 July 2014

Even though i went in to the movie pretending i was watching an entirely original movie, this remake was awful. The plot was ALMOST the same as Battle Royale, but they changed things that shouldn't have changed but kept small things exactly the same. The ending was a "Twilight" type ending to please the investors. Sutherland i usually love his acting but in this movie he was almost like a cartoon character villain. Ross also underemphasizes the blood and gore. The fight scenes almost look all way too choreographed. Overall the plot changed made the movie less believable for me and ending definitely was a way of "satisfying" the producer, as it is revealed you need to pay for three or four more movies if you want to see what they do with Battle Royale 2's plot line, but dammit, i wanted my money's worth.

The 2nd BATTLE ROYALE Knockoff: Far Superior to the First!, 17 December 2013

I can't believe they got the rights to crucify BATTLE ROYALE 2 with this rubbish!!! I mean why bother... They have totally destroyed a cult movie of very high standard. The acting in this"effort" is shabby, the cinematography is amateur, the dialogue had me in stitches from start to finish. I found myself in tears of laughter at how bad this really was in every way possible.

I think the most tickling moment is when they tried to re enact the "battle dome" fight scene with a hugely inflated Katniss Everdeen - it was like seeing a hippo on speed - the original was one of the most memorable fight scenes ever choreographed but this was like a terrible outtake.

I hope the actors and director of this nonsense look back at it and cringe with embarrassment because I certainly did.

Hollywood have their crack at Battle Royale released some time this year, I hope and pray it's not as bad as The Hunger Games - one thing this film is not is Hunger for sure - its bloated and stuffed with cheese from the opening scene !!!

Free Birds (2013)
Good attempt for the most part, 4 November 2013

I recently pre-ordered this movie on DVD after seeing a few clips and songs on Youtube, because it looked promising. Let me start on a positive note in this review. The songs were good, the texture of the characters was good, and the settings were well-animated. The environmental message and family moments were especially good.

The only things I didn't like about this movie were the two main characters Reggie and Jake, as they got irritating after a couple minutes; a couple instances of editing didn't make sense or work well; the goblets were unnecessary and also somewhat irritating; and the rooster was just plain irritating. Just lifted from Lion King, which in itself was a direct rip-off from the Japanese Simba anime.

Despite the cons, I found this to be a good movie. Though it was slightly derivative, it was done in a way that worked well. Definitely worth a watch with the kids, though adults may wish to avoid.

A Large Plagerized Version OF Korean's Own "To Sir, with Love", 24 August 2013

As anyone can tell, You're Next is just copied from To Sir, with Love. Some scenes were funny, but all I could think of was comparing "To Sir, with Love" with "You're Next". You're Next had all the scenes from "Hitch" and just extended it by adding some long songs. I'd say the movie is average, but "To Sir, with Love" is way above average. I like the originality in "To Sir, with Love", but I hated the plagiarism in "You're Next". It's a horrible, horrible, horrible copy of the movie 'To Sir, with Love.' I choose to ignore all the other warnings and bad reviews I had heard about this movie, and wasted a precious 20 minutes on it - I thought that after all its Adam Wingard who is making it, and it has Rob Moran - how bad can it be? But after 20 minutes of watching this nonsense, I couldn't take it any more, and turned off my computer.

Overacting by everyone in the movie, stupid dialogues, total time waste - I gave it a 1-star rating because that's the lowest you can do. If I could go lower, I would have given it a -100 rating.

Page 1 of 9:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [Next]