MdlndeHond

Page 1 of 9:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [Next]

Series of scenes strung together without substance, 1 September 2016

Mulholland Drive, yes that is what it reminded me of but that was not a good thing. The movie consisted of no story and was mainly a series of scenes that seemed unrelated. The same here, Elle Fanning is sweet but not convincing as a stunning mesmerizing model threatening her surrounding with her beauty. The soundtrack consisting of throbbing bass, twinkly sounds and industrial metal clanging would make this series of impressions suitable as a music video. In the end the movie has to resort to blood splattering, slow blood showering and corpse kissing to provoke any response. If any review needs 4 paragraphs of 20 lines each to explain why this is a new exploratory piece of art it probably isn't that good. Unless you were born in 1996 and missed the entire Lynch area, Scandinavian dark cinema this can be thought provoking. I still keep it open that this could be a spoof with all the caricatures and cliché depictions of the fashion industry. Not impressed.

Tender drama with great performances, 1 August 2016

Expecting a middle of the road comedy but it turned out to be almost an coming of age drama, for 50 something's.

Hanks is formidable as a man who failed against his will. Only at the end I found out this to be a Tom Tykwer movie and I have been a follower of

his work since Lola Rennt. The story moves slowly but steadily zeroing in on Hanks as a burned out salesman but more so as a lovable endearing character finding a new purpose in an unfamiliar place.

It has a lot more layers than appears at first and I might watch it again.

In a post apocalyptic scenario your biggest concern is.....Mold, 31 July 2016

If Teen Vogue made a remake of Temps Du Loup, this is what it would look like. It's not bad but for an connaisseur of dystopian & post apocalyptic fiction I tell you this will not be a classic. For a film about two sisters, one Lycra clad and fashionable, the other boyish living in a glass house in a forest in the midst of a disaster of world wide proportions the film is lacking the sense of emergency and impending doom you would expect in this scenario. When disaster hits one has major issues to solve (like bickering about music, ballet audits and mold) before finding out what kind of disaster has occurred. After fighting off intruders, living on rations for months you know what will finally drive you out? Mold! So you torch your house (don't keep it around to hold all your things) and move into a stump tree house 50 meters away.

Allegiant (2016)
Dry Fit moisture wicking sports gear ....it saves worlds, 24 June 2016

In a world barely surviving apocalyptic devastation.....a society thriving on it's last technology.......a planet dry and barren....it apparently is able to still produce a surplus of Dry Fit Moisture wicking sports Gear in the crisps of white.

While NO story unfolds the mind just wanders off how this logistically is even possible.

If you are over 12, and intellectually on full capacity then there is nothing to get from this tediously sentimental story. It's just heavy duty to write 10 lines about this entire franchise except that I would like to have the tops for my next yoga class.

Female Frank Drebbin, 28 May 2016

If you didn't grow up in the 90s with PoliceSquad and Naked Gun this might be new and innovative. It's so close

to both that I suspect a tribute more than a knock off. The deadpan humour still works. Maybe not material to fill 10 seasons; it definitely is a good laugh.

Jones will always be hilarious. The drawback of these kind of shows is that the style becomes a one trick pony of situational humour and word games. Once you figured it out it becomes predictable. Until then it is absolutely still worth it as a 80ies tribute.

Having had my share of Flying high, naked gun and police Squad it's a little too obvious.

Very original concept, material for a blockbuster., 17 April 2016

This is by no means a bad Bmovie.

It's very good for what it is, a low budget mystery.

What's with the hating on this film? If you need a reference, it's more Lost than a Walking dead action flick and it relies mostly on little dialogue, scenic shots and suspense which is good because the casts acting talents are a little cringe worthy.

I was oddly drawn in by the story line and the original concept. If you are looking for a high paced scream fest, than this is not for you. If a enticing original story is this is absolutely a very original concept and I can see someone picking this up in the future with a blockbuster high budget, Fassbender featured, remake. Mark my words, I could be very right.

Room (2015/I)
Just because it's a true story doesn't make it good movie, 20 February 2016

The first 45 min are not bad. It gives idea of the claustrophobic situation and the desperation of it, although very little. After the escape (hello! No spoiler, it's in the description the movie) the story becomes unbalanced and drags on as a lifetime drama. Nothing about the investigation. Just to many scenes of getting back into the real life. The narration by a boy who is far too old to be a 5 year old is about as irritating as it can get but I can cut some slack with American child labor regulations. The story is rather flat, in dialogue, in relationships, in story line. Horrible what happened to victims like kampusch but that fact just isn't enough make it Oscar material and it certainly doesn't compensate for poor directing and flat writing. Not impressed.

Another Ballet Cliché, 2 January 2016

After 2 episodes I was already bored with this plot less cliché dancing Bambi drama. Every single cliché is milked to the t. Small town girl runs off to the city, angry flamboyant gay ballet director, bitchy dancers, Russian dance teacher holding a pooch, slutty room mate, innocent doe-eyed protagonist,French sexy 50 something wealthy benefactor. It has no end.Even the dance company is called American Ballet Company. ABC... Really?

There is no story here except the Cinderella one for teens except that it wasn't meant for that audience per se.

Would surprise me if there was a second season, but then again Vampire diaries has 4 and Smallville keeps going for ever and Pretty little liars never stops.

Entertaining 1st season, drags on into the second. Chick series, 9 November 2015

Lots of promising plot lines. Majorly aiming at women, hence my disappointment because I got a little more than bored when the crime mystery took a back seat to steamy love scenes and jealous wives. Young woman with little prospects falls for narcissistic writer with 4 kids and a wealthy wife he lives off. That could have been a classic and I did enjoy the first 10 episodes until it was mostly the misunderstood writer and his hot waitress girlfriend getting into long dialogue about commitment. Half way season 2 instead of a criminal court case its custody battles. Too much Days Of Our Lives and too little Twin Peaks or The Bridge or what have you, where a small town is the back drop for insidious crimes and secrets. This is not it. Ps: when we hear parts of his books, he is more of a cheap romance novel writer than literature. Very unbelievable.

Comedy with sincerity tanking in season 3, 8 November 2015

The first time I watched this I thought it just to be hilarious. Watching almost two seasons now I find some aspects of it extremely sincere and mature. Geere and Cash are endearing as a couple but YTW relies most, if not entirely, on the Gretchen character and Aya Cash's performance. If she was not personifying Gretchen this entire show would be missing almost all depth. The supporting cast is of far less importance and basically are caricatures. It seems like this was deliberate to keep the focus on Geere/Cash and not digress into a Friends like scenario. It s absolutely one of the best shows I have ever seen with the most lovable on screen couple ever. Update: Season 3 is tanking this one for me, the main reason for it is the up playing of Donahue. Her pouting wining character is becoming quite a bore and highly irritating.

Page 1 of 9:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [Next]