ketchkev

I thoroughly enjoyed this one every week!, 15 February 2006

I remember this one very well. Although it's long forgotten in the chasm of TV history, I will always have fond memories of it. The Platt family sort of typified what a family of the 70's went through. This show had some very funny moments at times and poignant moments as well. Alan Alda deserves credit for creating this show. Paul Sorvino, who plays the caring father never disappoints. He of course went on to better things, as we know. The role of Liz played by Mitzi Hoag was really good, too. But what I liked the best were the children. I really wonder if any of these episodes exist anywhere? Well If I were to never to see any of them again, I will have the memories.

Extremely entertaining!!!, 1 December 2005

I wish they would show these again. With over 20 years of episodes, I can't see why they don't. I was a huge fan of this program, and looked forward to watching it every week. This show was very low budget, but they were the most enjoyable half-hour episodes ever!! Many of them were factual as well. Although some of the episodes are available on video (and very,very few may I mention) they still don't encompass the true meaning of the series. You would be able to watch week to week and see what it took to tame the great west. With stories of the gold rush, wild outlaws, early politicians, and the ushering in of statehood, Death valley days will always be a favorite. I will also never forget the TV theme. It will forever be in my memories.

Such a wonderful film!, 8 November 2004

I really enjoyed this movie. I was watching it on PBS one late night. I am really glad that PBS endorses this film. It is such an influence for kids to do well in school. I hope that it influences teachers to be more supportive and teach better, although I don't have much faith anymore in our broken school systems nowadays. But I still believe in HOPE! I, personally, am not a minority, but you just really hoped the best for the kids in this film. Watching this film, you really get on their side and you really want them to do well. They all have their ups and downs and their home lives are not perfect. The role of Edward James Olmos as Kimo is simply unforgettable. You really admire how Kimo sticks by his kids 100 percent. Teachers like that are so rare. I hope there are teachers like that to pass the torch down to other teachers in the next generation. I look forward to seeing this movie again!

"Desperate Networks", 7 November 2004

I can't believe that ABC would unleash such useless programming. Where are the executive producers heads at??? In the gutter apparently. And this is a Disney owned network??? The characters in this show are so shallow, and the acting is just horrible. I used to admire Teri Hatcher back in the "Lois and Clark" days, but I am a little disappointed with her work now. It may not be her fault though because that's what it probably takes to work in Hollywood now. It's too bad that it's come to this! ABC should standard for family values in their script writing. Why then, do they have to glorify adultery and all of the elements that break apart the a family in order to bring in ratings???

Will always have memories of this one...., 21 September 2004

I too, will always remember this movie. I remember watching this film in my fifth grade class back in the early 70's. I sometimes wonder if I will ever see it again. I keep hoping I will stumble upon it on video, or see it late night on PBS, Learning Channel, Discovery, or something!!! They just don't make em' like that anymore. Very educational!!! I will always remember the pioneer man paddling in a canoe, and going from a calm lake to a frozen one.

And then in the next scene(s) drinking clean water from the lake out of his cup and then the water becomes all polluted. Also paddling across the lake and then all of a sudden free-falling a thousand feet out of the air due the the recession of the lake. I will always cherish this one forever. If I never see it again, I will always have fond memories of it!

Will always have memories of this one...., 21 September 2004

The Littlest Angel (1969) (TV)
A classic hallmark special, 5 August 2004

This show really sent shivers up and down my spine. I remember seeing this as a child, and it just left such an impression on me. The part when he went fell off the cliff and went to heaven was just wonderful. When he went to return to his house to get a gift for God, played by E.G.Marshall, and his mom was crying and couldn't see him right there was just sad. The end of the show where his gift was the most special gift of all will always stay with me. It also taught me the value of a gift when it comes from the heart. I really want to see it again. I know its on video tape somewhere.

Its a Christmas treat! I hope people will show this show their kids. I think it should go down as a holiday classic.

What a treasure!!, 15 February 2004

I am so glad that I ran into this movie. It left such an impression on me. The way it ended was so suprising. The boy's father was such a nice guy, and how that boy could be ashamed of him like that was really something else. It just left me in tears in the end of the movie. It makes me realize what our parents had to do to make a good living, even if it takes having to sell out your pride. His father did it because he loved his family. There is a lesson to be learned in this, and I would recommend this film in a heartbeat!

A must see film!!, 10 December 2003

I was fortunate enough to see this film back in the early 80's on late night television (long before cable and satellite TV). I only saw it once, but it left a very lasting impression on me. To see the torture on POW's like that is a total cry against humanity. I was literally fighting back tears watching this film, finding it hard to believe that this sort of activity occurs during wartime. My hat goes off to Col. Denton, and I hope more people will learn of his account. He is worthy of all the highest military honors possible. I hope this film doesn't gather dust for too long, and will be shown again soon!

A wonderful import!, 23 October 2003

Am I the only American who remembers this T.V. show? I remember watching this show Sunday mornings back in the 70's. I used to look forward to watching it regularly. I seemed so cool to have a bus for a clubhouse. I would certainly like to see a release of this show again on video or dvd in the future. Loads of fun. Hail, hail to British television!