bmw-guy

Quantum of Solace (2008) (VG)
So disappointing, 27 December 2009

Who do you blame for such a terrible Bond movie? Would it be the director, producers or both? Certainly can't lay it on the actors given the weak dialogue and lame story line they got stuck with. The action scenes are for lack of a better description, flash cut, meaning that each camera angle shot lasts for no more than a few seconds and when combined it becomes utterly disjointed and physically uncomfortable to watch resulting in a most tedious experience. Suffice to say that this movie failed in every element that makes a BOND movie a BOND movie: actions scenes were unwatchable/boring, bond women/drab, plot/lame, intensity/zero, fun stuff/none. I watched Quantum on my home theatre system via subscription movie channel. However, if I had gone to an actual movie theatre like I have for all previous Bond movies I would have been really offended.

So now for the depressing part; I read that Quantum was the second highest grossing Bond movie to date so my fear is that the producers of the next bond movie will have no incentive to deviate from their current formula and will deliver yet another most substandard effort. I will hope for the opposite, but I'm not holding my breath because Quantum was really, really, that BAD.