15 ReviewsOrdered By: Date
Not too bad
26 April 2012
I think the cast did a pretty good job with this one. Mara shined for having many challenging scenes to deal with. They definitely picked the right person for the role.

Daniel Craig was a great lead and kept the movie interesting and moving.

The British guy from Good Will Hunting is a really good actor. They gave him away as the bad guy very early in the movie though... I hate it when the production does that.

I loved the cat, I felt terrible when it was killed... I had to cover my cat's eyes :) Overall it was a great movie. Somewhat predictable, but good action, suspense and build up.
2 out of 7 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Under Rated
24 April 2012
Paul Walker, Laurence Fishburne, and Olivia Wilde definitely earned their keep in this one.

The most random and unlikely of situations land Paul Walker in the drug cartel with 3 different groups of people out to kill him and no one thinks he is the same person.

The only questionable acting in this movie was from the kid (Paul Walkers kid).

The action is heavy, the plot good, and the ending very unlikely.

I think it was a great movie though and if you have a chance to see it, please do.
0 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
No Good Deed (2002)
Slow, but good
24 April 2012
Samuel L. Jackson and the whole crew did a great job in this movie. I think Milla Jovovich is a better actress than she gets credit for.

Locked up in a house he accidentally went to by mistake, Samuel Jackson's character hit the very bad lottery and his run in with this group of people almost costs him his life.

Another heist movie, no huge surprises.

However, the action is decent, the acting is good and the story is fun. It was filmed well and the script was good.

I wouldn't say rush out and rent this movie but if you are bored on a rainy day, go for it.
2 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
The Sitter (2011)
About what I expected
24 April 2012
I love Jonah Hill and think he did a great job in The Sitter as well. I didn't have any expectations except that it would be funny. It was definitely funny.

Jonah is adorable and all the other characters played their parts well. The story line was pretty crazy and the chaos stayed pretty heavy throughout the movie. There were several parts that definitely were un-realistic, but I guess a lot of the best comedies are this way.

The not-so-great part of the movie was toward the end. It is one of those movies that seems like they ran out of material and just started throwing stuff together.

Overall, though, it was very well done and I would say rent it!
1 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
George Clooney always comes through
24 April 2012
I have yet to see a George Clooney movie that I didn't love. Even if the movie has a questionable story line he will make the movie good.

Set in beautiful Hawaii, this movie will make you laugh and maybe make you cry.

This movie was full of emotion and we got to see George Clooney play a character we typically don't see. He shows a very vulnerable side and is on point the whole time.

The daughters (co-stars) did a fantastic job as well.

The entire cast deals with death, betrayal, sadness, and happiness and kept me convinced all along.

My favorite was the tag-along kid. The most inappropriate, yet hilarious character :) You have to see this one!
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Snatch (2000)
Instant Classic
24 April 2012
This is one of those movies you watch and know it will be always revered as a classic.

Jason Statham (Turkish) did an excellent job in this movie. He plays the character perfectly.

Brad Pitt was also amazing. However, it almost seemed like they deliberately made his voice sound incoherent to make the accent more convincing. But otherwise he did fantastic.

The fight scenes were fun, the action was amazing, and the various shootouts kept me on the edge of my seat.

Everyone did fantastic and I will definitely be watching this again.
1 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Population 436 (2006 Video)
A good one
24 April 2012
I'm surprised this movie didn't get more attention. Well done. Set in a creepy little town, you have a feeling of impending doom the whole time.

Fred Durst is a great actor, what ever happened to him? The main character, I don't remember his name right now (and don't really feel like clicking back or opening a new page) did a great job as well. He plays the part and keeps the action going.

The supporting actress and Megan Fox look-alike is gorgeous. Whatever happened to her and what the heck is up with her hair... wow, she needs to ditch the blonde!!!! Anyway, good thriller that I recommend you watch :)
0 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Insanitarium (2008 Video)
Another one to watch
17 April 2012
Insanitarium was a surprisingly good movie. It started out a little slow and the acting was cheesy at the beginning. The whole idea of faking insanity to get into a sanitarium seemed extremely un-likely, but oh well.

It got good! Nancy was a very pretty nurse in the movie. Jesse Metcalfe did an excellent job. It was full of action and suspense and definitely keeps your heart going.

There were quite a few very gruesome moments .... drinking a cats blood and eating peoples limbs while they are alive made my stomach quiver a little bit.

Good special effects, great acting and a lot of action. A horror movie I give a thumbs up!
1 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Staunton Hill (2009 Video)
Not so bad
17 April 2012
Okay I think everyone understands that any low budget movie is likely to have some funny quirks or things you might have done differently if you were the director. For the most part though I think Romero did a good job.

The actors did really very good. The group of kids did a good job seeming really afraid. I thought Kathy Lamkin was great like usual. She seems to play that role a lot and it fits her great... she rocks.

The special effects could have been given a little more attention. When one of the cast gets his leg shot off it just looks like it came detached from underneath the pant leg with no blood... not really convincing. But everything else was okay for what they had to work with.

I think if you're bored watch it. It will keep you entertained.
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Wind Chill (2007)
How did this get missed?
15 April 2012
I'm stoked about this movie. I am also very surprised I never heard of it until last night. It is a wonderful film that does it's job as a horror movie... it scares you. I'm so used to horror movies not being scary, probably due to being desensitized after seeing so many.

Emily Blunt is a great actress and I would love to see her in more lead roles. The guy starring opposite her did a great job too. For only having a cast of 11 people, they made it work.

The movie gives you the willies when you're not wanting them and keeps you on the edge of your seat.

The creepiest part of all is I'm from Delaware too :) I recommend you see it!
8 out of 12 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this