blandiefam

Page 1 of 5:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [Next]

Gone Girl (2014)
Three out of four ain't bad, 10 February 2015

I loved the first three quarters of this movie but I think the ending was ridiculous and almost funny. The acting was great but the premise became ridiculous. All clues point to the aloof husband as a missing wife cast is investigated. The whole town helps to figure out the whereabouts of Kate. I was hoping for more aha moments but it became so far fetched it disappointed me. I must give it credit for being an extraordinary tale and it had me guessing all throughout. Ben Afleck did a superb job in a part that seemed made for him and Ms. Rosemund Pike did a great USA accent. Three out of the four stages of this movie is great.

Great Job and enjoyable, 7 January 2015

This movie is great to watch for anyone who lived in the 1990's and remembered the fame of the turtles. My 27 year old son sat and watched with me. He was told the movie was not that good but agreed that this was a great and enjoyable movie. The action was regular Bay-type chaos and broken buildings. The characters made me feel as if I was back in the old days but they were also modernized by the action. I loved the elevator scene as well. Megan Fox and Will Arnett seemed too old to play the characters and hopefully they will be replaced for the sequel. Michael Bay kind of digressed to the Transformers for a few minutes and then came back to good Turtle Action! I would suggest you sit with a child who lived through the times way back when. You will enjoy every minute of it.

Nicely Executed bit of proper English fun, 29 November 2013

This movie allowed me to enjoy the concept of retiring and enjoying a strange land. I felt the heat from the Indian hotel as I tried to figure out why they made such a daring move. The British seem to have a more opened mind about the idea of adopting the lands of the former British commonwealths. The pacing of the movie allows us to feel the way one of great nobility would deal with retiring in a land completely different than jolly old England. I would see this movie again. The actors are all over sixty years of age but they play the part of people with heavy back stories and you become absorbed into the way they deal with such drastic change. The Indian actors seem a it over the top and the way that everyone in the land seemed so friendly kind of rubbed me the wrong way. Still, the vibration of the heat and madness which is India is well represented.

Great Movie with Great Actors, 29 November 2013

I think this movie is a refreshing change of pace for all directors to learn from. The careful quirky (Little Rascals/Peanuts) style allows a near fifty year old memories of being in love with a strange girl which made me feel free. The journey taken by the main young characters allows the others to grow into feeling colorful beings who were once bland and colorless. I would watch Wes Anderson movies along with the Cohen Brothers stuff any day. The point of view throughout the entire movie allows us to become young again. Bill Murray makes me laugh in anything he does. His shoe throwing scene was hilarious. It seems that the major actors playing minor parts allows us to become fascinated in the way the minor parts have major implications as the movies paces along. Not too crazy about the young love scenes but I remember being a young lad trying to figure out just what real love was about. The ending credits were a treat to a musician who loves school orchestras. I also loved the way the children signing made me feel as if I was a friend of Charlie Brown.

Taken 2 (2012)
Miss-Taken, 29 November 2013

This movie is built upon so many hateful stereo types of middle Eastern people, it even insults non Islamic people. The plot for the next taking of the main characters is so idiotic, it makes me want to barf! The main idea of him working in a foreign land where the writer makes as inept as possible would have any close friend suggest they vacation in the US and Canada for a while (LOL). The daughter learns very fast to drive a stick shift during a time of crisis when she doesn't even have a US license. Liam seems to be the only action hero left and at 60+, he still does it well. I just wish this formula would go back to the 80's and 90's. Taken 2 was just a chance to cash in on the fears of others. Turkey is not a black veiled woman country and the police would have intervened after the first grenade went off.

A waste Of Precious Time, 31 January 2013

I was looking forward to see this movie after I heard the Oscar buzz. When I finally saw it last night I was quite disappointed. The story was not the most intriguing and it dragged on as if the writer was reaching for some point in a pointless dribble of a script. I am not sure why Hollywood loves to portray minorities as if they were one dimensional idiots who have no idea what is best for them. Homosexual themes are turned into bizarre situations as if being gay requires you to be a some out of control masochist. Nichole Kidman was disastrous as the leading lady and she was the shell of herself badly acting the part of a confused tramp. I wish I could turn back time and not pick this movie from Red Box. Cusack was the only actor with some substance even though his acting lacked any originality. The story was pointless and they offended anyone who searched to find some meaning from it. Don't waste your money or time by watching this Hollywood drool.

Windwalker (1980)
Great Movie with Great Actors, 20 October 2012

There are days when you awake and turn on the TV and watch whatever is in front of you. This was one of those morning. I found myself locked in as the story developed. James Remar was so young and he didn't even look like himself. I read the information on the story but was intrigued as to how the actual story was developed into such a well told tale. The fact that it was told in subtitles didn't make a difference due to the great directing and greater actors. I wish I had seen this movie when it first came out because of the cinema effect used on some of the scenes reminded me of the other great fantasy movies of that time. Movies like Merlin, The Superman Trilogy,and Legend. I loved that glossy throwback effect from the 1930's. I think anyone would love to watch this and the simple magical tale it depicts. Howard seemed physically weak throughout the whole production and I am sure he knew it was one of his last screen appearances. I highly recommend this film.

Lockout (2012)
Perfect Waste Of Time, 17 August 2012

If you have had a hard week and you had a job that drains your brain and you want mindless entertainment,then this is the movie for you. Luc Besson must have been paid a ton of money for his half developed story. The plot was pretty predictable and I saw every twist coming from a mile away. The characters seemed underdeveloped and their actions were nonsensical. The small talk between the two leads seemed unrealistic in a life and death situation. The danger was at an all time low and the ending was not the best. Not a big fan of Guy Pierce's tough guy act. It seems the part was originally meant for a young Bruce Willis. My week was very rough and I welcomed mindless entertainment.

Thank you!, 27 July 2012

Great story telling, Superb acting, Terrific directing, and beautiful music. PSH is always under playing the role as artfully executed as possible. The mood of the movie made me feel as if I was there in that era. Minnie Driver has grown into a force that any movie would have to contend with. She creates a feeling of empathy with her method of playing a character. Though it is a true story, most of it is so well told, you feel as if it was a story better told in this film. If you are a true movie lover, you will say, "Thank You, God, for a great Movie!". Sit back and get ready for a subtle feast for the senses. John Hurt does the good bad guy role so well and I felt as if the bell hop stole the show. Please bring your popcorn and get ready to enjoy. This is a movie you wish will never end. You want to see what happens next and the irony of real life drama is so well crafted in this movie.

Chronicle (2012)
Great Movie For A Change, 21 July 2012

Great movie with great actors. I felt as if I was back in high school again and I shared the coming out story of the jock meeting the nerds and having a great time. I certainly hope there will be a follow up movie. I hate films with the shaky found footage effect but this was done in an unabusive method. The only part i didn't quite understand was with them doing these wondrous feats in public and no one saying anything as they fly away from the supermarket. I enjoyed the way the story was told and the villain emerging from true pain of death and embarrassment. I was hoping for a longer story and ending was cool but a bit brief. This movie is a great change from the usual super hero story because it wasn't. It was more of a coming of age story about three boys with special abilities. I can see a sequel coming with the same actors coming back. Great movie to see and own.

Page 1 of 5:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [Next]