slane0

Wrong in so many ways ..., 12 February 2004

The only good part of this movie is Mike Myers, and there's not enough of him to save it. They should have made the entire movie about his character training would-be stewardesses. Gwyneth Paltrow is totally miscast as a white trash girl who aspires to escape small town life, there's absolutely no chemistry between her and romantic interest Mark Ruffalo (Mark Ruf-who-lo?)), and the director obviously never decided whether or not this movie was a farce or a romantic comedy as it teeters back and forth between the two. It just made me miss "Catch Me If You Can," an excellent movie about a would-be pilot.

I give Freddy the Finger, 29 October 2003

I have sense of humor, really. I love SOUTH PARK and THE SIMPSONS. I watch JACK ASS and used to watch THE TOM GREEN SHOW. And laugh. And laugh the next day when I thought about what Tom did on the show the night before.

But this movie sucks. Sucks, sucks, sucks. I hope that Tom will find a better outlet for his unique sense of humor. Maybe he'll get a break, like Jack Black did with School of Rock. We can only hope ...

Harmless enough, 8 October 2003

This movie demonstrates that you cannot make movies by committee. You need a clear vision of the end product before you begin, which these directors obviously didn't have. But it's harmless enough. I didn't laugh. I didn't cry. I've seen much, much worse.