moviefanintheusa

I was pleasantly surprised., 7 July 2013

I was really not expecting much of this film, but found it highly entertaining! I thought it was a really cool prequel to The Wizard of Oz. I can't help but notice that some of the negative reviews for this film point out that it does not live up to the 1939 MGM classic. For goodness sake, it's not trying to! This film is telling it's own story. And I found the special effects neat and the characters are cool, I really liked all the back stories they gave. In The Wizard of Oz, you don't know much about a lot of the characters (such as Glinda or the wizard). I thought that this film gave them a pretty cool, epic back story. There is some humor in the film which works great. They also tie it in with the 1939 film in a cool way; this film also starts in black and white then changes to color. And the film's cinematography is great, as well as the 3D effects.

Not as terrible as the critics say., 9 August 2012

OK, so, I watched this movie at home. Is the movie worth what it costs to get into the cinema? I didn't think so. But it is worth the rental. It is a silly comedy, but I found the movie mildly entertaining. The film carries a good message without being overly serious, which is a good thing to say over a lot of films of its type. Eddie Murphy manages to pull of an alright performance. It really is kind of funny that on Rotten Tomatoes, the film received a 0% audience approval rating, but at least half of the audience liked it. If I have not stressed this enough, this is a movie not to be taken seriously, take it as a comedy and.....well enjoy it or don't.

How bout this being almost the worst movie I've ever seen if it isn't the worst., 27 March 2010

I'll start off by saying that these hand camera movies always revolve around a horrific storyline, like say, there just happens to be a random witch living in the woods and Cloverfield sucked as well. There is nothing even remotely scary about this piece of trash, not to mention it is terribly unrealistic. By the time this so called "film" was over, I was literally thinking "Wow, I can't believe I actually just wasted an hour and a half of my life on that!" Literally, the whole movie is just the people walking through the woods screaming the f word at the top of their longs for 81 minutes! I'd love to tell you the stupid ending as well, but I'm afraid I can't because IMDb won't let me. In short, don't waste your time and money on this garbage.

Oh yeah, I got the DVD for free. I regret it, and I threw it away.

Mirrors (2008/I)
Surprising, 18 January 2010

Although you'd think that Mirrors is just another slasher Silent Hill type film, "Mirrors" really is an interesting piece of work. Although somewhat predictable, it has a very The Shining type feeling to it. If you are a fan of films such as House of Wax, House on Haunted Hill, etc, This is a must see. I should warn you, however, that most of the death scenes are pretty gory. If blood makes you sick, don't see this movie. In short, this movie is worth watching at least once. Don't let the people who give it bad reviews run you off. See it for yourself, judge it for yourself. A good job to Alexandre Aja and Kiefer Sutherland, and overall good job of a horror film.

Super Mario 64 (1996) (VG)
My favourite childhood gaming experience., 3 November 2009

This game is amazing. Really, you should get it if you don't have it. Although it is ancient now it was amazing when it came out. I believe that this game will always be a classic. It's just as good a Super Mario World or so. When I was young, my friend and I would sit and play this game for hours trying to beat it which we eventually did. It's not nearly as advanced as Super Mario Galaxy, but if you are a fellow Mario fan it is essential. It's fun entertaining and challenging. Everything you could want out of a fantasy game except for good graphics, (well it did come out in 1996.) ROCK ON 4EVA MARIO LUIGI AND YOSHI!!! Nintendo is the best!

Year One (2009)
Not the best I've seen., 2 November 2009

Some parts of this movie were funny, but it wasn't nearly as good as say School of Rock or Envy. I had heard it was terrible, but it was cheap to rent so I decided why not give it a try. Honestly, I laughed at some parts. Some parts were a bit disturbing, but I guess that's just the way it is sometimes. Over all, not as bad as it could be but not amazing either. Funny, not hysterical. Don't let the people who say it was terrible make up your mind. See it for yourself and judge it for yourself.

I thought it was wort renting. Glad I didn't see it in cinemas though. It is hilarious next to say Disaster Movie, obviously.

Horrible in every way possible., 1 November 2009

I saw this movie a while ago, and I must say I asked myself why I sat through the whole thing. I am a huge fan of Mario and Luigi, and I normally like the Mario games. The TV show was good, but seriously...a movie!?! The story line and acting both suck. The whole idea is a complete copy of The Super Mario Brothers Super Show, the characters from the Mario series brought to life. In short, do not waste you time on this garbage. It is a complete waste of time. This movie is worse than Disaster Movie, which is saying something. Go play the Mario games and watch the TV shows instead. Trust me, you'll be glad you made that decision.

Great show, 22 October 2009

I used to watch this show when I was a little kid. I'll just say that it was amazing. If you are a Mario fan, it's impossible not to like. Super Mario is amazing. The video games and TV shows are great. I guess the movie wasn't to great, but I also watched The Adventures of Super Mario Bros. 3 and the Super Mario World show. Although they were good, neither of them are as good as this was. I still remember a lot of the episodes I used to watch as well. It's true, the Mario Brothers have gone a long way since this show ended, but I can't say hat I've forgotten this show at all.

In short, great show!

Still the only good Wizard of Oz movie in my opinion., 22 October 2009

In my opinion, this one is good and all the others are terrible....END OF STORY!! Out of all I've seen, this is the only one with both good acting and following the story well. The others that I've seen are either like sequels or something or they just add in a bunch of random garbage. As the first movie to have color, this movie was amazing when it came out and it's still pretty good today. Although color is normal today, it's interesting to see what people thought was incredible in 1939. According to IMDb, several Wizard of Oz movies are scheduled. I think that they need to stop them just as much if not more than they need to stop Jason Friedberg and Aaron Seltzer. In short, this movie is worth seeing at least once.

Up (2009)
Amazing, 11 October 2009

This movie was amazing. Seriously. The 3-D was great, the story was pretty good but a bit stupid, but other than that it was amazing. If you are a fellow Pixar fan, see it. Pixar movies are the only animated movies I can sit through and actually enjoy because they are the only ones that actually put imagination in their movies anymore. Like...Ice Age 3? There's a Shrek 4 in the works? Are you serious? It's like COME UP WITH A NEW IDEA ALREADY!!! Shrek and Ice Age are boring now. Although Pixar does have a few sequels in the works, I still rest my case. In my opinion, the two best Pixar movies yet are Up and Wall-e. In short, I think that Pixar movies are the best in the animation genre.