G-Joshua-Benjamin

Well, this movie was bloody awful., 15 April 2017

I had been really excited to watch this. A couple of weeks ago, I watched one of the Sandler Netflix movies and really liked it. Then, last week, I watched his other two. Now, they were weird. But, you don't see movies like them anymore. They were fun.

I started this one last night. First thing I did, was hit the button on my Apple TV remote, to see how long it was. 2 hours and 10 minutes. I said "this movie is way too long." Thought I said that, I felt as if there was not enough time. Let me explain below.

The first thing, they go back and forth, between the story and actors talking about how they knew the character. I almost stopped the movie, at about fifteen minutes, because of this. It throws the story off. How can you get into a story, when it is constantly stopped?

Another thing about the people being shown, talking about the character, there were to many stars. Well known ones at that. So many different actors, writers, singers and everything else, your mind started thinking so much about the stuff they had been in or created, that it only further pulled you away from the main story.

Second, Sandlers voice. My God, I mean, it was so annoying. I thought, I hope to hell, this is not going to go on, the entire movie. Oddly, it did stop for a few minutes. Then, right back to it.

Not just the voice, but the big glasses he had on. It just felt like I was watching a skit the entire time. Never once, did I feel anything for the character or believe any of the story at all.

Next, as I said, I liked his other three movies. They were slapstick kind of films. Ones that you knew, would have odd humor and that required very little thinking. That is what I enjoyed about them. But, they tried to do the same thing with this movie. It did not work, at all. Why they didn't just make this into a drama/romance, is beyond me. You realize at the end, that the main story, of the two people, seemed almost like an afterthought.

On top of that, the two characters, did not have any kind of connection what so ever. The only way that I could tell at all, that they were supposed to really like each other, is by the facial expressions of the female character, when she looked at the male character.

If they wanted to have "clients," talk about the character, they should have had one, talking at the beginning. Then say, OK, here is his story.

The thing about two people, playing out a star crossed love story, over a decade, does not happen at all. The problem is, there seems to have been multiple stories in this movie. Different clients. They spent far too much time, with each of those characters.

The best part of this movie for me, was during the end credits. We hear Sandlers character and another character, talking on the phone. Then we get to see them. That was the only thing I enjoyed from this movie.

I will say, I looked and I had watched an hour and thirty-three minutes. I started to like it. At first that is. That is because the two main characters, seemed to have time on screen together.

A fun movie that requires you only to sit and laugh., 9 April 2017

I've had Netflix for a few years. I've used it twice. Haha. I decided, last week to check out an Adam Sandler movie. This week, I watched his other two. This movie I watched last night.

I will not tell you what it is about. You can read that other places. I will say this. It did make me laugh. It very much reminded me of a Mel Brooks movie. When I first watched Hogh Anexiety a few years ago, I thought it was amazing. I told myself that I wanted to write movies like that. But, I convinced myself that movie like that were no longer made. Turns out they are.

An Oscar film, this is not. But, it is dumb humor. It made me laugh a lot.

From the three of his films I have watched, this would be ranked three on my list. But, from watching his movies, I am so excited to see the one coming out in a week.

One of the best things about these, is that it just seems like him and the cast are having fun. Keep it up. I am excited to see more.

Interesting, 2 April 2016

I love the 80s. I was born in 85. I saw this was coming on and was super excited. I recorded and watched the first episode.

I don't know, it WAS interesting. I just kind of feel like it dragged on. There is another show on. I will not say the name. But, it talks about generation X. (wink wink) To me, that show is much better. When I watch that, I learn so many interesting things. Not just about one thing, but about a number of different things. Also, I think the fact that is an hour long, helps the show. You have perfect time to learn.

I will record and check The Eighties out again. But, part of me lost interest in it, halfway through the first episode.

Awful, 1 July 2014

What a bad show. This had bad acting, stupid story and no connection with any of the characters.

I actually have no clue what happened in this show. I mean, as far as story goes. What told me that this would be the only time I watched this, is when the cop let the guy go twice, THEN, she had him sitting there, listening to all the evidence and stuff the police were talking about.

Sure MR. Criminal, you can listen. Would you like it if I few you a map, gave you pictures of all the people and made a copy of all the evidence?

That is what it seemed like to me. One of the worst things I have ever seen. It was just awful.

"Riot" (2014)
I love improv., 14 May 2014

Comedy is my thing. I think improv is great. I am all for new shows that involve both. But, this show sucked. Honestly, I think the thing that most took away from the fun of this show was the guy talking. I just wanted him to shut up. Plus, everything seemed a bit set up. Maybe this is not the network or the time slot for this show. I will try again. But it really let me down.

The end had me laughing the most. Like the last 10 minutes or so. I was thinking about it. It was almost like I was watching a bunch of people messing around when they were bored. It just all seemed some what lame. But, as I said, I will try it again. Maybe I will end up loving this show. I guess only time will tell.

Jobs (2013)
This review will go in steps. Some of the things may not be needed, but here goes., 22 August 2013

I have always used Windows PCs. My grandparents got me an HP with Windows 98 back in 98. I learned a lot about it. I learned how to build a PC and do many of the things that can be done in Windows. Windows is kind of like Jeans. Many people have them. They all look the same and are great for their purpose. My mom got me a book one day. It was the Steve Jobs biography. This may sound cliché, but it completely changed my life. It changed the way I look at things, the way I react to things, the way I think and the way I operate. I will have the money to get my first Mac Pro in October. I am very excited.

The book, Steve Jobs biography, talked about a man who was such a genius. He saw things the way he wanted them to be. He did not let others opinions or feelings stop him. He had his reality distortion field. He thought he could will people to do what he wanted. It worked for a long time. It may have even led to him not getting rid of his sickness. He could look at things that other had or wanted to create and he could see. He could see what that thing COULD be. A man with a design sense that was almost super hero like. He helped create some of the most amazing things the world has ever seen. He had his flaws though. That which made him so different also made him somewhat of a jerk. His lack of emotions and heart more than likely come from him being given up for adoption. He went to India and said it changed his life. He got very sick there and almost died. He helped with Apple, NeXT, and Pixar. He was part of so many important things. Whether or not you agree with his ways or like him, you can not deny he helped create some amazing stuff.

All that being said, as sad as I am to say it, the movie sucked. As good as the actors are, who played the roles, the acting seemed so over done. You could tell they were all acting. It was like watching a play with high school students. My mom and I went to see it. I actually almost asked her if she wanted to leave. On top of that, they skipped so many important things in this movie. Parts of his life that were all part of the big picture. His phone hacking thing, bootlegs of Dylan music, him realizing he was smarter than his parents, him meeting his mom, his sister, Pixar, his not blinking when he talked to people and his getting sick in India. There may be more. But those are the things that come to my mind. It just seemed like you were watching clips. It ever seemed like I was watching a movie. It just drug on and on. They did not seem to get into his personal story, but his business story instead. He had two persona's. The hippie and the business man. They did not show that at all. It was such a let down. I would not recommend this movie to anyone out there who wants to learn about Jobs. Read the biography. It was very well done. There are so many important things in the book that the movie just left out. That is why, as sad as I am to do it, I gave this movie a 1 out of 5.

Oh, I almost forgot to add this. Not one of the characters had any kind of chemistry what so ever. It was like the actors just walked in, read from their scripts and had no thought of making their characters real at all.

Is there an evil old man in my house?, 23 July 2013

My step father had to actually close the door I was laughing so loud. I watched this as I exercised. It was just like the old show. But for the new host. I liked her very much. She did some jokes and I felt bad that many didn't laugh. She did fast stuff. She had a limited time I guess. I laughed more at the first two episodes, than I have in freaking years. Oh my god is was so funny. This show is one that you can watch many, many times and laugh each one.

Something I thought at first was that they dragged out the explanation to much. They spent so much time explaining the scene. But I think that was just the fact that I have a cold or flu, making my senses be all out of whack.

I did notice that the special person who is sitting on the stage with them got like no time at all to be in skits. They seemed to have them there to be in something for like 4 minutes and that was it. I guess they know what they are doing and the three guys are perfect together. But I just felt like I missed something by not seeing more of the guest. As for the letting the celebrity take the thing over, I do not think that is true. They were just a special part of the show. The guy from Glee was funny. I have always thought he has the best voice of any of the people on that show. He has a soulful Harry Conic JR. voice. Come on man, put out an album. It was odd to see him out of the chair they have him in on Glee. I think he should come back. He was very funny.

In the end, this was one of the best things I have seen in a long time. I laughed so much at the stuff. If I could get a season pass for this show, I would a.s.a.i.c. I almost wonder if the show would be better if it were an hour long? Give them more time to do stuff. But, they know what they are doing. I am happy they have this show on TV again. I will watch and tell others about it. Good job CW!!!!

This show just plain sucks!, 2 May 2013

I saw this show on TV one day. I saw a comer hail for it. I like Remini and the other two guys on here. That is to say they are actors I've liked in other things. I watched a preview online last night. The first thing I said to myself was "we'll, it was I retesting at first." I got and have a feeling this will last for 8 episodes.

There were quite a few problems with this show. First, why is Reminis character wearing so many cloths? It is like they are hiding her. Also, why do they have SO much makeup on her? It is distracting. Two, what the hell, most of the characters look like they are within 10 years of each other. Does that make any sense? I mean, the mom, son, sister, they all look the exact same age. I kept forgetting who the heck everyone was. They should have done a better job at picking the actors out. Third, why do I feel like I watched an episode that was in the middle of something? It is like I've missed a season of people growing to hate one another. Fourth, the episode moved in weird timing. It was like I was watching a bad skit show. Like the flash back scenes on Family Guy. Fifth, Remini has a dad who is crazy, died not listen and thinks he is better than everyone. I thought his name was Arthur? She treats her dad like he is a child. It was again distracting. There were far to many things happening in the thirty minute pilot episode. I have no clue what I watched. I will watch again. I always give things a second chance. But I just have a feeling this is already being canceled. At least the network tried something new and a bit odd.

I got such a weird feeling with this episode., 12 April 2013

Wow!!!! This was one of the best episodes of Glee I have seen. I saw online that some think this is to soon after the shootings that have happened. But I do not feel that way. Tragedy happens 24/7 365 days a year. There is no way to time something when you are dealing with something that humans create. This also highlighted my main problem with the "gun control" thing. I am all for making things more organized. Those complaining about it just need to relax. You can still have guns. You will just have to put more work towards getting them. Someone who is 40 would not join a group of 16 year olds trying to make the legal drinking age 17, for the fact that the 40 year old can already drink. You see? The episode was about shots fired at the school. The Glee club locked themselves in their classroom. They were fine, BUT, the things that happened will shock you. I just kind of froze. It was very interesting and will be on your mind for a while after you see it. The thing that they did was point out the fact that as long as PEOPLE can get guns, people can get guns. It does not matter how long of a wait you are on to get a gun. A man who has been 100% his entire life can wait 12 months and go through all kinds of tests and steps to get a gun. But as long as EVERYONE else can use the same gun, that man becomes millions of men and women. That is what I liked about this episode. People can feel bad, sad or think there no other way out and things can happen. This was a very good episode.

Stop thinking so much., 23 March 2013

This is a neat show. I am sure this could be a half hour show, but they really get you into the story. Some say it is fake because they always find stuff in weird places. Maybe that is just what they do. I mean, it's not like they go into a best buy and find a 500 year old dagger. They go into older places with a history. Now, they may find the stuff before the show and just leave it there until they record, but I don't think so. I really like this show. I am about to get season 1 from iTunes Very cool in a non creepy, more interesting way. I will admit that sometimes, the people can be a bit....OVER dramatic. But that just adds to my belief that they are not actors. It is really hard to act like your NOT acting. They just seem like normal people who got their own show. Give them a chance!!!!