"Lost" (2004)
This Shows Message: "Religion is good, drugs are bad", 27 June 2006

When "Lost" first aired on UK television I was simply blown away buy the thrills, characters and mysteries it delivered. Well now all that has changed. Every episode gets worse and worse, with nothing being revealed to help wet our appetites. The acting is really poor, particularly from the guy who plays Jack and the girl who plays Kate. They are all so two-dimensional and we really don't care what happens to them. Many thinly disguised messages pollute the screen, including religious ones that would make the most devote Catholic cringe (Jack, the "science man" being constantly confused and troubled, whilst Locke, the "faith man" is always calm and collected). If you haven't watched the show before, don't bother you won't like it. The people who watch it are the ones who have watched it from the start and are desperate to find out what the heck is going on. If you want an intelligent, well acted, character-driven show then watch something like 'Buffy' or 'Desperate Housewives'.

So, the circle of life continues., 1 December 2005

It's that time of year. Big Brother is long over so all other copy-cat reality- turn your brain to mush- programs come crawling out of the wood work to secure ITV1's finances for the next 200 years. This one is probably the most watchable out of this seasons offerings (Celebraty Love Island was a new low point in the history of television) but it's still the same old-same old. Ten or so 'celebraties' (I use the term VERY loosely) are dumped in the 'Austrailian Jungle' (most likely a set behind Woolies in South London) and made to 'fend for themselves' when they are put in 'dangerous situations' (with a team of First Aiders stood by, of course). I have watched one or two of the episodes this year and they failed to hold my interest. My advise, don't watch it. You'll probably get addicted to it and it'll rule your life for 4 or 5 weeks until it finishes and you'll forget about it.

Watch "Life In The Undergrowth" instead.

Well worth the wait!!!, 16 December 2004

I am a HUGE fan of the stage show and could not wait to see the film version, and so saw it as soon is it came out. I was NOT disappointed. Whilst it was quite different to the stage show, it didn't take anything away from it and i think it will encourage people to go and see it live. I loved the cast, especially Minnie Driver as Carlotta. The soundtrack is also amazing, not quite Original London Cast standard but good none the less. The sets were truly break-taking and the chandleir was better than the one in the stage show. The few added scenes worked well, with flash-forwards to 1919 every 20 minutes or so. So what else can I say? Great film, go and watch it now! 10/10.

An insult, 24 October 2004

I watched this when it aired on Channel 4 shortly after Christmas. I was disgusted. As a huge fan of musical theatre I was appalled when my favorite musical of all time 'Miss Saigon' just scrapped number 99 and my least favorite musical 'Grease' won the top prize. I know that this show was voted for by the British public, but something tells me that most who voted were non-theatre goers who could only name 5 musicals. In my opinion, the program should of been made based on awards, popularity and budget. Then it could actually be called 'The 100 Greatest Musicals', not 'The 100 Greatest Musicals In The Opinion Of All The People Who Voted'.

Don't bother Channel 4.

Good fun., 9 August 2004

I have seen this film many times now and have only just decided to comment on it. One thing I'd say would be not to go in expecting a thought-provoking thriller. 'Thirteen Ghosts' is good fun to watch, with a fair share of gore and scares. Although it does get a bit silly at times, it is generally an entertaining film. For a teen horror flick the acting is pretty good, mostly from the ghosts. Rah Digga does get a bit annoying, but since acting isn't her speciality, we can let her off. (At least she isn't BAD, she does provide a lot of the comedy). All in all I'd say 'Thirteen Ghosts' is a good film to rent out on a Saturday night with a take-away and a pint of beer.

Jaws 2 (1978)
Very nearly as good as the first, 20 January 2004

The annoying thing about 'Jaws 2' is that it is so close to being as good as the first. The thing that lets it down is the teenagers. They are to 'slasher'. It doesn't really work in a suspense thriller. The script is pretty good, and the story-line is good. It also isn't afraid to try something new. So, overall, i give it a 9/10.

Jaws (1975)
Probably one of the best movies ever made, 20 January 2004

Anyone who hasn't seen 'Jaws' needs to either see it NOW, or take some medication. It is simply a masterpiece. No other movie is so scary yet so enjoyable at the same time. I can't say enough good things about it. The cast are amazing, the script is brilliant and tension just makes you want to bite your fingernails off. All in all i give this movie a 10/10.

Scream 3 (2000)
I know not many people like it, but I love it!, 22 December 2003

I am a big fan of the Scream series and after I'd seen the first 2 I was expecting this to be a let-down. I was actually pleasantly surprised! It's defiantly the funniest, not the scariest I'll admit, but also has a great script and a good twist at the end. Overall, I'll give Scream 3 8.5/10.

Above par horror, 6 July 2003

So, the story goes; Julie James (Jennifer Love Hewitt), Helen Shivers (Sarah Michelle Gellar), Brian Cox (Ryan Phillipe) and Ray (Freddie Prince Jr.) are driving along the road at night, just after leaving high school. They run a man over and kill him....oops. So they do what any sensible teenager would do.....dump his body in the sea. They take an oath never to mention it again. A year goes by and they've all gone their separate ways. That is, until Julie gets a mysterious note that simply says, 'I Know What You Did Last Summer'. Someone knows what they did. But who? Not before long a series of killings begin and Julie and co have to work out who the killer is before it's too late...

It sounds lame I know. But I found it surprisingly entertaining. It's standard horror, with slightly above average acting. Sarah Michelle Gellar is by far the strongest in the cast, playing the washed out, faded beauty queen. Anne Hench is also very good, a complete contrast to her character in 'Volcano', which I first saw only about a week before seeing this. I'd recommend this film to anyone who likes 'Scream'.

The Omen (1976)
Flawless, 22 May 2003

I have just seen The Omen and I loved it very much. The plot was original and the death scenes where really good. It was enjoyable and spooky. I can't wait to see the sequels. Also, the acting was very good and the characters where interesting. I enjoyed this film very much.