The_Fifth_Echo

A Visual Delight, But I expected way more., 4 March 2010

Going to theaters to watch Alice in Wonderland, I had very high expectations because of the people in it. The wonderful Tim Burton and Jhonny Depp partnering up again and that made me excited. (Their History together include classics such as Edward Scissorhands, Ed Wood, Sleepy Hollow and etc.) I was also very excited for the two well respected Oscar-nominated Actresses (Helena Bonham Carter and Anne Hathaway) But most importantly is that I love Alice in Wonderland the book and the 1951 classic animated Disney feauture.

Anyways the movie review itself: I thought Alice in Wonderland looked beautiful and even breathtaking at times. You got to admit that the movie looked beautiful visually. But emotionally it didn't really connect and lost a lot of its heart to the original.I was very disappointed with Tim Burton, I thought that he knew what the movie should of been like. This is not Tim Burton's best at all. Hopefully in 10-15 years time, another remake of this movie will be created and hopefully it would be better.

Overall: Alice in Wonderland deserves a much better remake, but the movie itself was visually breathtaking and it was a really fun movie. 6.5/10

Avatar: The Game (2009) (VG)
Avatar the movie is groundbreaking, but for the game, sadly it can not be said the same., 19 January 2010

I was very excited to play Avatar, since I adored the movie. I got my game systems and turned on the game. I saw that the graphics were normal. I mean the game was kind of ordinary, I didn't expect this game to be so mediocre. I think James Cameron didn't give a crap about the game, he just wanted the movie to be awesome. I understand that though, but he should of have it like different from other games, like how Avatar was to the movies.

Overall I have to give this game a 5, sadly. Because even though it was fun and good graphics, this game does not live up to the movie. It doesn't have to. I would recommend people who love action packed games, but no one else. I hope James Cameron sequel to Avatar makes a better sequel in the video game version.

5/10 5.6 Just decent

Wow, the best romance movie of 2009., 19 September 2009

Bright star is the perfect name for this movie. I love Abbie Cornish and Ben Whishaw. They are amazing in this movie. I am so happy, I saw this film. I know they're will be haters to this film.... But anyways go see this movie, It is interesting, beautiful, and magical. You won't be sorry when you see this film, I tell you. This is actually better than the Notebook. Which I actually love. Perfect movie deserves 10/10 Go watch. 10/10 You'll love it, so much. This movie isn't just for women, it's for guys too. My boyfriend watched this movie with me and he loved it too. He watched manly movies, so believe me I know what I'm talking about. Anyways go see this film, you won't be sorry or will you feel ripped off.

Love him or hate em, he's an AMAZING FILMMAKER., 10 September 2009

Michael Moore, possibly the most controversial director of all time. Even more controversial than him are his movies. His movies include a Sicko, Fahrenheit 9/11, Bowling for Columbine,etc. Each one attacking the CONSERVATIVE ideas.

Well he has put out a new movie. Capitalism:A Love Story. I saw this movie and I have to say it's fun, informative, Michael Moore doesn't have a 2 hour long boring movie, which the average joe wouldn't understand. He tells the movie like narrator and even is kind of comedic and then switches to serious in a couple of words. I loved this movie. I don't agree with him on some of the ideas. But I get what he's saying.

Very interesting movie. Even if you don't agree with him, you'll still be fascinated.

Chicago (2002)
~Rob Marshell's Masterpiece!~, 23 June 2010

I saw Chicago with my sister yesterday and we were hoping that he movie as going to be fun. We were fulfilled to the fullest. The movie Lavishly well done, energetic and fun to listen to, Chicago is easily on the top 10 best musicals ever. The music in the movie, the rhythm just utterly spellbinding, that's how incredible Chicago is. The movie mostly benefits from it extremely talented cast. Catherine Zeta-Jones shines in Chicago and gives the performance of her lifetime. She well-deserved her Oscar. John C. Rielly, Renee Zellwegger and Queen Latifa deserved their Oscar Nominations.

The cinematography, sound, art directions, and especially the costume design they were all expertly done. I resisting the urge to dance and tap my shoe. What an amazing production it took to create this film. Everyone deserved their Oscar Wins or nominations whomever took part in the production. 1920s Chicago comes alive in breathtaking detail. Everyone whom likes musicals or music should definitely have a listen and watch Chicago.

Rob Marshell truly out did himself in this masterpiece. 10/10

Meg Ryan's best performance, 11 January 2010

What can I saw about City of Angels. Well just one word pretty much will sum it up, amazing! The acting from Meg Ryan and Nicolas Cage are top notch performances. In the end of the movie I cried because it was so sad. I mean you cannot hate this movie. All the haters probably never even seen this movie before judging it.... This movie is like the notebook, sad, romantic I mean its great! YOU NEED TO SEE THIS MOVIE IF YOU LIKE ROMANTIC MOVIES. I GIVE THIS MOVIE A FULL HEARTED 10/10. MEG RYAN'S MASTERPIECE ACTING MADE ME DROOL. The ending was very sad. A truly touching film. :) VERY HIGHLY RECOMMENDED, THIS FILM WILL BECOME MORE POPULAR IN TIME AND WILL BE RATED MUCH HIGHER THAN IT IS NOW. I DON'T LIKE THE FACT THAT THIS MOVIE ONLY GOT A 6.4?!! That is so underatted.

~Great CGI effects, very enjoyable, worth your money~, 27 March 2010

I saw Clash of the Titans in an early screening, and I didn't expect the film to be good. I thought it was just another ripoff. But at the end of the film I was really liked it. The creatures looked great, the acting was good. And I thought it would be corny, but the majority of it wasn't at all. I am actually really glad that I saw this film. I really think Sam Worthington did an okay job as an actor, it was certainly believable. If he keeps doing films like Avatar and Clash of the Titans, he could have a long career in his life.

The special effects and the CGI was okay. However there was some disappointments, the Kraken scene felt very rushed and it wasn't as epic as I wanted it to. There should've been more fighting scenes to make up for the poor story.

An overall fun, good CGI film that is recommended. 7/10

Dear John (2010/I)
A True Pearl., 30 January 2010

I saw "Dear John" at a special screening and I wasn't expecting much. I thought it was going to be a decent romance film. I hoped this movie came halfway as good as "The Notebook". My very low expectations of this film were pretty cynical. But I said Hey, what could happen? And when the movie finished, I was fulfilled. I didn't think it was going to be one of the best romance movies ever and it definitely wasn't. This movie is definitely for couples. The girls will like it cause they can connect with it.I recommend for everyone to see this film. It is touching, okay acting, and it does stick to the book. This film doesn't come close to the "Notebook", but people will like it no matter what. So if you want to buy a sad, romantic film. Then I'd recommend this film.

7/10 A Pearl

District 9 (2009)
Proves to people, you don't need to spend 200 million dollars for a movie to make it great!, 21 August 2009

District 9 really surprised me, the trailer wasn't very good, because it didn't give you anything. But when I saw this movie..... OMG it is really good. The best Sci-Fi movie of the 2000s. This movie only cost 30 million to make. It is way better than Transformers Revenge of the Fallen which cost 200,000,000 dollars. Peter Jackson is one the greatest filmmakers of all time from his Lord of the Rings trilogies to King Kong. He has done it again with District 9. I think Peter Jackson didn't want the trailer to show a lot of the movie because he wanted to surprise people. Boy did he surprise me!

I recommend people to watch this movie. You won't be disappointed. 10/10

You don't need to know Spanish, to understand what it's meaning., 1 January 2010

En Nombre Del Amor (In the name of love) is a Mexican soap opera, I watch it in the Spanish Channel in the U.S. This is a very predictable, scandalous, cheesy at times show. It is a very addictive show, this is pretty much the definition of a soap opera. I mean everybody is cheating on everybody else. Drama always happens, you know the usual. There are some pretty outrageous things like this women pays her doctor to tell this guy that he's the father of her baby, when he's not. I mean I have to give them that, that it is new.

Overall I give this movie a 7 because it can be too predictable at times, but it is a fun show and I recommended to people who like soap operas. But I like Sorteligio better. :P 7/10