Textiles (2004)
An Interesting Movie-nice themes different context, 24 July 2009

I have seen the movie a few years ago and I liked it. The context is naturalism and nudism but the film is not about this and I am surprised the few commentators haven't got it. It is a social movie about conformity and liberation, love and tension, desire and choices, gender, generations, social differentiation etc. Actually, I reflected more on these themes through this movie rather than through other more "serious" movies.

A last note, Muhart Magali, is a very beautiful and sexy lady that as a drama face stands apart. She has the potential for more character movies, unfortunately her career did not pick up so far in Paris or London. I just hope she keeps on even in B-movies for a while till she gets her break. She has the potential...

Overall, I rate the movie as a 7...far better than many 7s of IMDb....but of course I am not a US prude who thinks that the movie is about nudism "oh my god"... so this may be an implicit explanation of the low rankings so far...