chester-gray

Page 1 of 5:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [Next]

Terrible., 9 May 2005

This had to be one of the worst, poorly made cartoons ever. The lip-syncing was almost always completely off, the plots were stupid and and the dialogue wasn't much better. Even for the sixties, it was poorly animated. I am shocked that something this bad could come out of Canada. Maybe part of it is also the setting. You have all the original characters from Robin Hood, like Maid Marion, Prince John, etc living a thousand years in the future fighting off a bunch of robotic enemies and other futuristic creatures. Not worth watching at all. I can't believe they stop airing the Flintstones on Teletoon Retro for the sake of this.

Volcano (1997)
Disturbingly realistic...., 25 November 2004

*MAY INCLUDE SPOILERS* Along with Deep Impact, Volcano was the greatest action movie of the 1990's. Tommy Lee Jones' and Anne Heche's acting is superb. It is realistic in that your life could be turned upside down in an instant. Most cities don't have to worry about a volcano liquidating them, but it could happen. There were heartwarming scenes throughout the film, particularly at the end when Mike, Kelly, and the little boy emerge from the rubble of the collapsed building. (I know in actuality they couldn't have survived, but use your imagination.) Then afterwards the little boys looks around at everyone caked in dirt and says,"Look at their faces, they all look the same." This movie truly was an A+.

Not very impressive....., 1 May 2004

I recently watched this documentary and I must say that I found it to be quite boring. It was basically about how Cola is a multi-billion industry, and how the market is getting more competitive all the time. If you ask me, though, they could have presented it in a more interesting fashion.

*****/10

A Michael Moore, 28 March 2004

This has got to be one of the most thought provoking and yet entertaining films of all time. The way that Michael Moore took a documentary on such a serious issue as gun violence, and present it in such a comical fashion, was truly excellent. I especially liked the segment called "A Brief History of America." Moore really opened up my eyes to the severity of the gun problem in America and made me appreciate even more that I live in such a relatively safe country like Canada. The film is also quite critical of American politicians and the American people in general for being so violent and gun obsessed. I'm no sure if Moore got an Oscar for this, but he certainly deserved one. A truly fantastic film, A+

Okay...., 23 February 2004

(This is a follow-up to a comment I made on Jan 27th, 2003.) I followed the advice of J Wellington Peevis and took some time off from his show. The other night, I watched my first new episode in nearly a year. And to be honest, it wasn't half bad. It still had a lot of problems, like having to continuously kill off Lisa's cats to fill up and entire half hour, but it wasn't as bad as I remember it being a year ago.

I give it a 6 1/2, up from less than five stars last year.

Pretty good., 16 February 2004

The overall quality of this film impressed me, for something that was made nearly a century ago.

Beethoven's 5th (2003) (V)
Again?, 16 February 2004

I can't believe they are still making these films. In my opinion, they should have quit while they were ahead, after about the second or third film. But FIVE? Hardly any filmmakers make five installments unless they are incredibly stupid.

Truly excellent...., 15 February 2004

This was a very moving insight the thoughts and feelings of five people during their final few days on this earth. Having very compassionate health care workers to talk to about death and the afterlife. Some moments in the documentary nearly brought me to tears. If you get the chance, watch it, but I do NOT recommend it for young children, as there are some disturbing scenes.

Absolutely revolting...., 23 December 2003

This is the most disgusting animated program I have ever seen. It does even come close to being funny. I don't know who in their right mind would ever think a bunch of babies running around throwing boogers and feces at each other is humorous. I don't even think a three year old child would enjoy this. Do yourself a favour, even if you are dying of boredom, and there's nothing else to watch on TV but infomercials, DO NOT WATCH THIS SHOW!

Kinda dumb, but give it a chance.., 24 October 2003

This may have not been the greatest show ever on television, but it wasn't the worst either. The funniest character was probably the cat, but everyone played a good part. So, although it was lame at times, it was OK if nothing else was on.

Page 1 of 5:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [Next]