steven_robinson97469

The Road (2009/I)
very awesome, 28 May 2010

So I watched The Road this week, and I was really impressed with it. I was worried that the film wasn't going to be real good. Now this is what production companies are suppose to be making. Viggo Mortensen is pretty good at this role as a protective father trying to go south with his son and make it there alive, even thought they run into a few hold ups. Robert Duvall, of course, is excellent in everything. Although, it would have been nice if he was in the film a little bit more. Its hard to have a great movie and then have a big movie star that has been acting since the 60's and just give him a little role, probably lasted about 10-15 minutes. The script, the story was great. Having to set in a Apocalypse time was creative. The thing that got me thinking about most was what if this would really happen? What if this is the future that will be coming? Everything dried up, plants, animals, most of the human population dead. And what was left was solo people and gangs. Food source being so low that our own species would kill and eat us. Hunting humans down for food. Losing our dignity and humanity to do this to each other just makes me sick. But to think about it, this would happen if it ever comes to pass. As much as it seems impossible, people have shown what they would do in extreme situations. Let's hope the End isn't like that. Overall, excellent movie and worth renting, and worth buying in a few months when it gets older.

Love it, 22 May 2010

I have always loved this movie since T rented it my senior year in high school back in 2002. Guillermo del Toro did 100% job on this film. I feel sorry for the losers who rated this film as awful. Because if they did that, then they did not truly understand the meaning of the film. The was my first Spanish film I have ever saw. del Toro is a great director. Everything that I have seen from him so far has never been a disappointment. I would rate this film higher than the Orphanage but a little lower than Pan's Labyrinth. It's in the middle where it belongs. I own two copies of this movie, and I watch it a couple times a month. For those who don't speak Spanish and do not like to read English subtitles, then this movie would not be for you. But I guarantee if you like a classic ghost story with some suspense, this will be it. This film lets you get to know the characters and care what happens to them. I would not consider this a "horror" genre. It's hard to label something this good. So go rent it and label it yourself.

Nine (2009)
good, but not so good:/, 17 May 2010

I wouldn't say this movie is the greatest. I think it comes in last to all the musicals that have been made for the past ten years. I don't understand how you can pay thousands of dollars to have a great cast and still screw this movie up. This was the first time we ever heard Daniel Day-Lewis sing. He wasn't half bad, except for that accent. He's better with rated R movies. Penélope Cruz was perfect as usual along with Nicole Kidman. Although I believe Kidman should have had a much longer role. She was in there for what? 20 minutes altogether? Kate Hudson I love, but her part was kind of meaningless and pointless. And Fergie, should stay out of movies and stay with her music, which I love. You can't go wrong with Judi Dench. The only real Italian actress in this film is Sophia Loren. This is an Italian movie, based in Italy, staged in an Italian time, and Sophia Loren was the only real Italina there worth remembering. Just like Kidman, Loren's part wasn't very long either. In and Out, thats all it was. The music was fairly good, Kate Hudson can actually sing which I did not know. The Cinematography wasn't in no way all that great. I've seen better from High School Musical. Words of wisdom " Leave Italian movies to the Italians". This movie didn't really have no story line, and it was slow going. To base a musical in Italian and during that period in time, is not exciting. It's boring. Now days you can lose your audience just for those two things in the U.S. They had a lot of great actors and a poor script. This movie does not even compare to Moulin Rouge, Chicago, Gypsy, Hairspray, or even The Producers. At least The Producers had more comedy and was more upbeat.

one of the best movies., 14 May 2010

I love this movie without any question about it, review is a little bit late but I saw this movie when it came out on DVD. I'm a big Silent Hill gamer, so of course like everyone else I was a little worried about the movie being made. Sometimes Hollywood screws up the best things from video games. This movie is proof that not all movies that are made from video games are disasters. The script is good and the casting is pretty good. The music of course is awesome. As I was watching the movie I felt like I was playing the game by watching it just because of the music got it perfect:) Rhada Mitchell, Sean Bean, Deborah Kara Unger are really good at their characters. Laurie Holden I thought could have been better. Don't get me wrong, I liked her in X-files and The Mist. Alice Krige was just perfect at the part and at a villainess, like she usually does. They are suppose to be making Silent Hill 2 next year. Hopefully it will be just as goo as the first. Although the last movie sequel that was better then the original was Aliens. And that was many many moons ago. Even if the second one isn't as great, I think it will still be interesting to see what the writers have come up with next and "hopefully" stay true to the games.

very nice, 13 May 2010

I enjoyed this movie very much. Its almost like another Blade movie, and its about average to Blade. This movie I will buy, but not as a new release...I'm not that desperate to have it. The film had a good story line, pretty good actors, although there was only three I knew. Ethan Hawke, Sam Neill, and William Dafoe. Sam Neill is great in this, like he is in all of his movies. Good guy, bad guy, he's good no matter which part he plays. It may seem like another boring vampire movie, but its still good. Vampires are the most filmed monsters that we have in Hollywood. I don't think in the past ten years I have watched a bad vampire movie...except for BloodRayne. Definitely not worth buying. But this movie does what others don't really get to. Knowing and finding a cure. Sure other movies talk about it but nothing really happens. This movie we see some progress. Its a lot better then Legion. Legion is good but Daybreakers is definitely better and worth the dollar at redbox:)

more crap?, 13 May 2010

I have not seen this movie so I don't know if I have a right to judge what I haven't seen, only read and saw on previews. Hollywood is running out of ideas. Remakes of movies I thought I would not have to endure in my lifetime. The remake of my favorite, Halloween, Amityville Horror, The Fog, The Hitcher, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Friday the 13th, House of Wax, The Hills Have Eyes, The Omen, Psycho. Whats next? Remake of Alien? The Blade movies? Why dick around with the classics? I only recognize Kyle Gallner in the cast. The rest of them I've never heard of. Where is Robert Englund in all this? He is the one that did it the best. No substitute can even come half way as Robert. So no more Robert Englund, Johnny Depp, Heather Langencamp or John Saxon. What is the studios trying to tell us with all these remakes? That just because technology is better now then it was back then its time to show it and royally mess up a good movie. Almost all remakes of very good classic movies turn out to be flops. Maybe its what the teenagers of this generation is demanding, I don't know. Hey I have an idea, while we're remaking movies lets remake The Godfather movies or Lord of the Rings. I'd love another reason to be disappointed and ashamed with the lack of imagination of the Hollywood studios.

Legion (2010)
i've seen worse, 13 May 2010

Well like I said...I've seen worse. This movie could have been a lot better. It seemed like the right idea but not a lot of thought went into the script. Its like the Terminator meets the Prophecy blended with a little Constantine. It just seems like something that we all have already seen. nothing new. As for the acting, well, the only ones that were at all good at anything, is Dennis Quaid, Charles Dutton, and maybe Paul Bettany. And Lucas Black? Wtf? Talk about bad acting. He really had no emotion, no feeling....kind of like Kristen Stewart in Twilight. Someone else could have done a better job with the part and maybe raised the ratings just a little more. The last few years Dennis Quaid has been doing some awful movies...i enjoy him very much in almost everything but, none of this is Quaid worthy. I thought it was OK, the only best part i thought was the little old hag with the dirty mouth...now that was good. This movie left a lot of unanswered questions in almost every scene. Most of the characters die too soon to even start to care about what happens to them. Hollywood is running out of ideas. Daybreakers may not have been perfect, but 6.6/10 is a lot better then 5.0/10. I wouldn't buy this as a new release but I will wait a couple months until its like $10 and buy it used at a store.