ollie-thiele

Better than Excel Saga!, 9 November 2010

Now hold on! I'm a HUGE fan of both Excel Saga (I own the imperfect collection) and Puni Puni Poemy (they're both made by Shinichi Watanabe AKA: NABESHIN!). But if I was to make a choice, I think I would have to pick Puni Puni Poemy over Excel Saga. Although I still think that Excel Saga is the funniest anime SERIES (Puni Puni Poemy is an OVA or OAV) there were some episodes that just weren't funny enough (the animal episode especially), and I more preferred the crude humor moments in the show (unsurprisingly Episode 26 was my favorite!). Puni Puni Poemy though (since its an OVA) ups the ante on crudeness, rudeness and (for me) humor! I laughed so loud and so many times while watching the two episodes of Puni Puni Poemy! If you thought Excel Saga was rude, this is at least 10 times worse! There is A LOT of sexual references and sexual humor (the show mostly parodies hentai!) This is quite possibly one of my favorite anime's ever!

Amazing! One of the best animes along with Akira!, 10 April 2010

Now too tell you the truth, I've never read the Ghost in the Shell manga before, and the movie makes it seem that they probably ditched some of the manga's content (the movie's only 82 minutes long!). Now there are many people even anime fans out there who probably hate this movie! And I can understand why! The movie is not so much a sci-fi action thriller, but more of a intelligent, phsycological thriller! And too be honest, I didn't completely understand the movie (because believe me, ITS CONFUSING) but I still found the movie excellent and a masterpiece of the anime genre! But lets talk about the other good aspects of the film! The animation is great (especially for a movie from 1995!), and the CGI! ITS B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L-! And kicks modern CGI's ass! Music is good and English dub, while it good have been better, the actors still do a neat job! This a must see for an anime fan and is HIGHLY Recommended!

After the first episode, I wanted more!, 8 April 2010

SOUL EATER is possibly one of the most original anime's I've ever seen! Not just in story telling but art design too! Most animes all have the exact same looking art style. Soul Eater on the other hand, goes for a almost punk looking art style that you'd find with GORILLAZ! This anime also (strangely enough) has a very Tim Burton feel to it (and I'm a HUGE fan of Tim Burton), a lot like The Nightmare Before Christmas! At the time of making this review I've only watched the first episode and am thoroughly looking forward to the rest of the series! Soul is a very cool character and the only gripe I found was: WHY DID THEY GIVE BLACK STAR A FEMALES VOICE?! AND IT'S SO OBVIOUS IT'S A FEMALE!

But apart from that, I'm really looking forward to the rest of the series!

This movie stunned me!, 19 March 2010

SPOILERS! SPOILERS! SPOILERS! From the shocking death of Andy getting a rifle blow to his chest, to the heartbreaking "death" of Andy, this movie stunned me and is possibly one of the most underrated horror movies ever made! The Main storyline is that a small family that are grieving over the loss of their son, Andy, who was killed in war. But, Andy suddenly (in THE DEAD OF NIGHT) arrives home! But somethings different about Andy. He rarely speaks, doesn't eat and has grown increasingly violent! The movie has a high level of social commentary and metaphors, great special effects (the debut of Tom Savini!), and some of the best pacing ever in a horror movie! 5/5 10/10

Halo Legends (2010) (V)
I enjoyed this very much!, 15 March 2010

Now believe me! I'm not a very big Halo fan and have really only played the first Halo very often. I really enjoyed THE ANIMATRIX and expected this to be at least good. But I was blown away! Each story (for me) was highly engrossing and kept me interested the whole way through! And believe me they really do save the best till last! The Package (which is the last one BTW) is definitely my favorite (and everyone's favorite it appears) If your a fan of Halo or anime this is definitely worth checking out There's something in it for everyone!

My favourite Monty Phython film!, 10 March 2010

Before I watched this movie, I hadn't laughed so hard since Flying high (AKA: Airplane!). I think this is a way funnier movie than The Holy Grail! Graham Chapman is hilarious and so are the other Python members! Some of my favorite lines include: Brian: Alright fine, I'm the messiah! Crowd: (Cheers) Brian: Now, f*ck off! Crowd: How shall we f*ck off, oh lord?

It's dialogue like these that make the Monty Python's work, and this has an even larger laugh track then The Holy Grail which is why its my favourite Phyton film!

Cause I'm a dentist! And this movies a SUCCESS!, 7 March 2010

Man! This has not only got to be one of the most entertaining Musicals of all time but one of the most underrated Musicals of all time! The characters are great, acting is top notch, the musical numbers of catchy and funny, and it has some of the best cameos I've ever seen in movie history! In fact this movie has possibly the best cameo by Bill Murray (the other best movie starts with a Z!). Out of all the characters, I think that Audrey II is my favorite! His awesome voice, funny one-liners, and hilarious songs make him possibly one of the best movie villains ever! If you're a fan of musicals, this movie is definitely worth the watch!

4.5/10

Akira (1988)
One of the best movies ever made!, 6 March 2010

I first saw Akira when I was 12 and it blew my mind! The animation is fantastic, the plot is great, and the atmosphere and visuals of Neo-Tokyo are amazing! Be warned though, this is gritty, dark, brutal, and violent. In fact this would have to be one of the violentist (is that even a word?) animated movies ever! If you can stomach the atmosphere, visuals, and graphic violence in the movie though, you are in for one of the most interesting, intelligent, and exciting movies ever!

I recommend this to everyone! (Mainly anime fans)

If you're a fan of the Pythons, this is ESSENTIAL viewing!, 23 February 2010

Almost the Truth is a Documentary about everything you'd want to know about them. From their Childhood life to the sad death of Graham Chapman to the creation of their 3 Feature Films to what they all do now! The interviews are very interesting entertaining and funny as hell! And not only that, but they interview famous people (actors, directors, comedians etc. including LOYD KAUFMAN!) and their own opinions of their best sketches, films and lots more! The DVD includes extended interviews, Best sketches and more! If you are a fan of the Pythons (or comedy for that matter), documentaries or just looking for some entertainment, this is a 6 episode long documentary thats worth your time!

4/5 8/10

I had high hopes for this Film!, 6 January 2010

But unfortunately my hopes were not answered!

Many people have given great thoughts on this movie, so I needed to check it out! But unfortunately this movie (at least for me) came off as pretty mediocre! The acting was poor (but I honestly did expect that!) and overall the movie pretty boring.

And don't get me started on the gore! People treat this movie like its one of the goriest movies ever made! And if this is one of the goriest than I must be the most gore-watchable movie buff ever!

This is a cheesy movie but not in the way that makes it good (like Killer Klowns from outer Space)! It is not very entertaining and I'd rather watch something like... (Insert good B-movie here)

The only reason I'm giving this a 5 is because the special effects are pretty good for such a low-budget!

Overall: Only watch it if you need to watch EVERY B-movie in history!

2.5/5 5/10