brookeb3393

Tim Burton does it again!, 11 May 2012

I have been waiting for this movie for a very long time and I am pleased to say that it did not disappoint.

I keep seeing reviews that say "Tim Burton has lost it" or that he's outdated and what not. I would just like to clarify that this is in no way true. The man is brilliant. His creativity in this is magical. Going into the movie, everyone should expect some weirdness, that is Tim's style, which is why this dark vampire movie is perfect for him.

Johnny Depp is in his zone as creepy, out-of-place Barnabas Collins. As always, he becomes the character and carries this movie nicely.

All in all, Burton/Depp fans will enjoy this movie. Filled with humor, some scares, and a lot of oddness, this is a keeper.

The Movie That Johnny Depp Intended It To Be, 3 November 2011

It's important to remember why this movie was made. It is for Hunter S. Thompson. That was really Johnny Depp's main focus. His goal is never to make the number one movie. He doesn't want to be a box office star. He wants to make movies that mean something to him and that is exactly what he did with The Rum Diary.

With that said, he made a beautiful film for his late friend. He played Hunter S. Thompson so wonderfully and stayed true to his character. Johnny honored his friend in the best way that he could, and did a phenomenal job in my opinion.

Aside from the film's purpose, if I had gone to see this with no knowledge of it's back story, I still would have enjoyed it. It was funnier than I was expecting and there was romance throughout. I was definitely interested the entire two hours. It is worth the price of a ticket because as usual, Johnny Depp delivered.

A Film Fans Will Adore, 20 May 2011

If you're like me, a huge fan of the Pirates of the Caribbean movies and an even bigger fan of Johnny Depp, you are very excited to see the latest installment. I had the honor of seeing On Stranger Tides last night and I am very pleased to say that it met every expectation that I had. The humor was definitely at it's highest point since the first movie. The new characters kept the story fresh and interesting. Although Will Turner and Elizabeth Swann are missing from this film, there is no void that they left, and if you love the 'young love' aspect that they brought to the screen, two of the new characters will provide a different romance story that will keep you just as happy.

Captain Jack Sparrow is, as always, the star. He shines in this latest movie in every way. He keeps things exciting and steals every scene that he's in. His relationship with Angelica is a great way to see a new side to our beloved character while still keeping his care-free, charming personality we all fell in love with.

When I read critic reviews for this film, I was nervous. But fans, fear not. Critics seem to overlook the magic of these movies. If you loved the first three, the new one will be a movie you enjoy.

CAPTAIN JACK IS BACK!

A Great Movie, 10 December 2010

I can honestly say that I wasn't disappointed with this film at all. It lived up to all of my expectations. Johnny Depp and Angelina Jolie's chemistry was brilliant, the ending was completely unpredictable, and it had the perfect mixture of romance, action, and comedy.

Being a huge Johnny Depp fan, I admit I was nervous about this movie. It looks like a big blockbuster and he's playing a character that he's never tried before: the leading man. I was scared it wouldn't have any of the magic of his other notable films. Fans need not worry, however. This movie is an excellent add on to his collection of roles. If you disagree while watching, wait for the surprise ending; that will help you to see what he saw in this character.

Fans of Johnny Depp will enjoy this new 'normal' character and fans of Angelina Jolie will be further convinced that she is flawless. The Tourist is definitely a must-see!

I enjoyed it, 29 May 2010

I was very excited to see Prince of Persia just because of how great Jake Gyllenhaal looked in it. I honestly didn't know one thing about the movie at all. It turns out I actually really liked it. It was funny, there was romance and plenty of action. Never a dull moment, definitely. I think it will be the big summer movie this year because it wasn't like any other movie out there. If you're a fan of the films that Jerry Bruckheimer produces, chances are you will love this movie. I have to admit though, the group I was with didn't enjoy it. They felt there were too many characters, too many different things going on at once,a tad too long, and they didn't like how it ended. All of these are partially true but I still liked it. I suggest you go see it and find out for yourself! :)

Nothing New, 9 March 2010

All in all, this movie was not terrible. The acting was good, ending wasn't predictable (AT ALL!), and I even laughed a few times. However, it's nothing I haven't seen before in a movie. Love Actually and He's Just Not That Into You both have a large cast and numerous stories going on at a time too but in my opinion, both were better. Taylor Swift should stick to singing. Her acting skills are cringe-worthy and after the movie, most people in the audience wanted to just punch her in the face because of how annoying she was. Other actors made up for it though, such as Ashton Kutcher, Bradley Cooper, and Julia Roberts. Not memorable, but not the worst I've seen.

Very, Very Pleased., 9 March 2010

Tim Burton and Johnny Depp have done it again! This movie was one of the best I've seen in a while. Stunning set, beautiful artwork and graphics, memorable characters, fascinating stories. Each actor brought something new and different to their roles and managed to capture the attention of the audience in their own way. Johnny Depp was amazing, as per usual. He played the Mad Hatter wonderfully. Helena Bonham Carter stole the show as the Red Queen, in my opinion. The White Queen, Doormouse, White Rabbit and Cheshire cat were likable and played very well. The 3D made me feel as if I was down the rabbit hole myself. Excitement, comedy, adventure. Tim Burton is a genius! Saw it 3 times already and can't wait to go see it again. Definitely recommend :)